Page 1 of 4

[Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:11 am
by PillowBlaster
You know what they say - all toasters, toast YOU.
Image

Oh cool. But why did you make a 2nd topic about it?!
For quite obvious reason - this thing is big enough to have a topic for itself, so people can discuss independly on it and core RO weapons.
And I've run out of spoilers for the rest of the thing, and the main post is cluttered with videos, screens and info enough. :P

I see, I see... but hey, why are you using another account? Does the expansion is so good it deserves a one, like topic too?

Ha, ha. Very funny.
No, not really. I just feel uncormfotable that people call me Magban, since it's my email login, to be honest (don't try hacking, though!), and when I was making account
here back then, I thought login will be independent. How foolish I was. And I fully realise that moderators may be really unhappy by that, since it's like a new fashion
to constantly change nicks, but I'll straight it up now - I was planning it from beginning, and my honest appology for the situation. It was just really playing on my nerves. D:

So, to conclude, what have you got here?
A lot of things! Why should I spoil? :P

DOWNLOAD HERE!
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/9JFzKQFD8Q/moldova-1.1.7z

IMOPRTANT NOTE
You need the core wad to play it. Download it here, and load before the moldova.
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/vFOx-JlmVN/overkill-1.4.7z

INFO!
Spoiler:


VIDS!
Spoiler:

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:43 am
by wildweasel
PillowBlaster wrote:I see, I see... but hey, why are you using another account? Does the expansion is so good it deserves a one, like topic too?

Ha, ha. Very funny.
No, not really. I just feel uncormfotable that people call me Magban, since it's my email login, to be honest (don't try hacking, though!), and when I was making account
here back then, I thought login will be independent. How foolish I was. And I fully realise that moderators may be really unhappy by that, since it's like a new fashion
to constantly change nicks, but I'll straight it up now - I was planning it from beginning, and my honest appology for the situation. It was just really playing on my nerves. D:

You could have PM'd Randy or QBasicer to just have your name changed, without starting a new account...just sayin'.

I've got this and the new Russian Overkill downloaded, and will give them a try later.

[edit] Pantokrator's alt-fire is well worth the price of admission.

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:59 pm
by PillowBlaster
Really? Aww damn, but then, I've just got this new account, and since I use the new name already, I can't rename it now. Baww. :(

Alas, I forgot to add new backpack spawner to it, so you can't acquire Hindenburg Beacon in any circumstances. I'll fix it soonish.

EDIT: Allright, fixed version up.

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:50 pm
by Minigunner
Holy sh*t, I love throwing explosions and oversized shotgun shells that spawn smaller shotgun shells while playing "the 1812 Overture". And that is just the tip of the iceberg of insane awesomeness... :wub:

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:02 pm
by PillowBlaster
Minigunner wrote:Holy sh*t, I love throwing explosions and oversized shotgun shells that spawn smaller shotgun shells while playing "the 1812 Overture". And that is just the tip of the iceberg of insane awesomeness... :wub:


Thanks, and yes - there is more to explore. :wink:

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:45 pm
by Zdoomer1337
Mine says "Script error "DECORATE" line 1 replaced type "morningstar" not found"

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:47 pm
by PillowBlaster
It must be used in conjuction with regular Russian Overkill; load it up first and then the pack. :wink:

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:19 pm
by Xaser
Magban724 wrote:Really? Aww damn, but then, I've just got this new account, and since I use the new name already, I can't rename it now. Baww. :(

Explain the situation to Randy -- as a full-on admin, he actually has the power to delete forum accounts entirely (he's done so before to a certain ancient spammer :P) and reassign posts' authors, so he should be able to fix the situation up for you.

Also, it may be worth explaining in the OP that the mod needs to be loaded along with Russian Overkill to work. It's not made immediately obvious, so those who haven't seen RO yet might try them out of order.

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:47 pm
by Ribo Zurai
This is delicious.

One of the best weapon mods I've ever played. I just will miss the Ullapool Caber. Explosive parkour for the win. :D

Just a question, Magban. How much fun did you have programming all of this? The hidden moves in the characters... They're just priceless. :lol:

EDIT: Oh dang it.

Code: Select allExpand view
Script error, "Moldova_pb_v1.pk3:beef supreme.wad:DECORATE" line 1:
Replaced type 'Mopanku' not found in BeefSupreme


This happened with the new version of Moldova which fix the missing item glitch. Loaded both files, in both orders. I get the same error everytime.

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:00 pm
by Big C
I just played both the new core version and Moldova.

I SHAT RAINBOWS. :trippy:

EDIT: Also, I know the mod is supposed to be thunderously loud but ow ow ow OW it's just injuring when I'm wearing earbuds.

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:21 am
by wolf00
dowloaded your mod, but wont start,i have latest gzdoom & zdoom builds ...

Image

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 am
by Kate
You need Russian Overkill to run this mod, and you need to load that first.

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 am
by Ribo Zurai
Pink Silver wrote:You need Russian Overkill to run this mod, and you need to load that first.


We're doing that. I have the same problem, even when loading both files.

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:15 pm
by Project_Hellbane
Are you loading regular Russian Overkill first? Having Moldova loaded first will result in it not seeing the class to replace.
EDIT: It must be to the left in the folder!

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:19 pm
by Ribo Zurai
Project_Hellbane wrote:Are you loading regular Russian Overkill first? Having Moldova loaded first will result in it not seeing the class to replace.


I did. It acts like if I loaded Moldova alone without R.O. first.