[Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gothic

Re: [Finished] RO: Reinforcements from Moldova

Post by Gothic »

Pink Silver wrote:and you need to load that first.
I heard about an application who can do that, but I can't remeber how is it called
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Gothic wrote:
Pink Silver wrote:and you need to load that first.
I heard about an application who can do that, but I can't remeber how is it called
I did load RO first. But it doesn't work either. The glitch began after Magban released a version that fixes the missing item Beacon.

EDIT: Ehhh, I found the problem. Not exactly the problem, but the solution of my problem. I decided to take ALL of the WADs from the pk3 packs and load at same time (with the original RO first, of course), and now it works. What kind of glitch is that? :?
Last edited by Ribo Zurai on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

First Russian Overkill, now this? I think I'm gonna have a fatal heart attack. :trippy:
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

I'm writing a hugeass essay right now, but I guess it won't hurt if I join in for a moment.
Ribo Zurai wrote:EDIT: Ehhh, I found the problem. Not exactly the problem, but the solution of my problem. I decided to take ALL of the WADs from the pk3 packs and load at same time (with the original RO first, of course), and now it works. What kind of glitch is that? :?
Hmm, that's entirely weird. I am playing it right now, loaded both things like usual, and it works. It really makes me wonder what could be wrong. :|

And yes, I will edit 1st page and mention you need the core wad to play. Silly me. :P
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Aw God. Apparently my computer glitched up the Moldova download before finishing it. I cleaned the system and redownloaded, now it works. My bad. :lol:
*goes to hide the face in a hole*
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

The vindicator, if used correctly, can pretty much clean-sweep an entire level if the enemies are weak enough...though that depends on the level size, and odds are good that the blast'll take me out as well. (I definitely know the blast radius of the thing.)
Machalite

Post by Machalite »

There aren't really any words for this.
Spoiler:
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

If core version of Russian Overkill doesn't satisfy or feel crazy enough, this surely tops everything.

The Planet Cracker really pounds demons. I never get tired of the sight when corpses goes mile high to sky.
The Vindicator... It's like watching fireworks. And watch when everything is sweeped away.
And the Excalibat's second altfire -"Sisyphus Best Buddy"- I couldn't stop laugh when I first used it. "Time to Rock'n'roll", hell yeah...
Or Pantokrator's secondary - works helluva lot better than Erasus. And lovely music for the duration of the fun.

And for the author - Nice job, and keep it up! Hopefully you can make it even crazier (if it is possible!) :wink:
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I found a little glitch, Alosha's Satchels aren't able reload the Plasma/Ion ammo.
Malv Zombie

Post by Malv Zombie »

I noticed that you can only have 2 Leviathan handcannons if you pick the 2nd one from a dead Sergeant, otherwise they give ammo only
ShadowTiger

Post by ShadowTiger »

Apologies for the ignorance, but there is definitely a little bit of an issue for some people getting this remarkable mod to load.

This is what my shortcut's properties line looks like:

Code: Select all

C:\GAMES\ZDoom\gzdoom.exe -file RO_pb_PB1.wad RO_pb_v1.pk3
What should it look like, please? Are the two files linked to in the first post all that's necessary? It stands to reason that people would be using those, of course. I hear that the original Russian Overkill mod is necessary to run this, so I went and found it, (RO_pb_PB1.wad) and the new one is RO_pb_v1.pk3, and that doesn't encounter any error when the pk3 goes first, and the WAD second. When the Moldova PK3 enters the equation anywhere, errors abound.

EDIT: Yes I suppose it stands to reason that I'm using GZDoom. Think it makes any difference?
Last edited by ShadowTiger on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

By "the original Russian Overkill," he means that you need the latest version of that, not the original original. In other words, you may safely delete the old .wad file and keep only the .pk3 file - then load the RO .pk3 first, then Moldova.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Huh? You should only be loading RO_pb_v1.pk3 and Moldova_pb_v1.pk3.

Edit: ninja'd by WW. :P
ShadowTiger

Post by ShadowTiger »

Right, of course, thanks... I figured as much. Although alas, I don't fare much better.

C:\GAMES\ZDoom\gzdoom.exe -file RO_pb_v1.pk3 Moldova_pb_v1.pk3
Spoiler:
Rangaisia

Post by Rangaisia »

ShadowTiger wrote:Right, of course, thanks... I figured as much. Although alas, I don't fare much better.

C:\GAMES\ZDoom\gzdoom.exe -file RO_pb_v1.pk3 Moldova_pb_v1.pk3
Spoiler:
Your version of GZDoom apparently doesn't support WRF_ALLOWZOOM. Try loading the latest SVN version.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”