"Execution could not continue" - Your ZDoom may be too old!

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.

Re: ***** Mod Errors? READ THIS! *****

Postby Blue Shadow » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Make sure to extract the .pk3 file from the RAR package. Drag and drop the .pk3 file onto GZDoom executable to run it.
Blue Shadow

Postby simpletonnn » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:59 am

Blue Shadow wrote:Make sure to extract the .pk3 file from the RAR package. Drag and drop the .pk3 file onto GZDoom executable to run it.

Oh right, I forgot I have WinRAR. Sorry for the interruption, and thank you for reminding me.
simpletonnn
uh

Postby Devianteist » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Evidently I am still a newb to running mods and the like, but here I must pose a question; I cannot get DOOM: The Golden Souls running. I am using the latest SVN build of G/ZDoom, but keep getting this error (I have tried running other things, including vanilla DOOM/DOOM 2, and get the same error).

Spoiler:
Devianteist
Daddy Dev, resident lurking user.

Discord: #0561

Postby simpletonnn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Devianteist wrote:Evidently I am still a newb to running mods and the like, but here I must pose a question; I cannot get DOOM: The Golden Souls running. I am using the latest SVN build of G/ZDoom, but keep getting this error (I have tried running other things, including vanilla DOOM/DOOM 2, and get the same error).

Spoiler:

I had the same problem. Tried running it as a PWAD, failed, after that just threw it away.
simpletonnn
uh

Postby wildweasel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Well, I don't really know what the problem is, considering I'm not getting it myself using the November 16th development build of GZDoom and a version of The Golden Souls that I downloaded two minutes ago. You might want to report it at the GZDoom Bugs forum.
wildweasel
May or may not have a pumpernickel addiction
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Devianteist » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:33 pm

wildweasel wrote:Well, I don't really know what the problem is, considering I'm not getting it myself using the November 16th development build of GZDoom and a version of The Golden Souls that I downloaded two minutes ago. You might want to report it at the GZDoom Bugs forum.

I'll be sure to check in over there. Thanks Weasel.

Though, reading one of the threads there, I believe it's just my laptop. Thing's about as reliable as an Atari with Pacman, but no controller.
Devianteist

Re: PSA: UPDATE YOUR ZDOOM VERSION! (And Other Errors)

Postby johnny » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:30 am

Update your video drivers bro! I had the same problem, my shitty laptop has the integrated intel HD3000 graphics, I updated and it fixed it right up.
johnny
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

Postby Devianteist » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:23 pm

johnny wrote:Update your video drivers bro! I had the same problem, my shitty laptop has the integrated intel HD3000 graphics, I updated and it fixed it right up.

Wow, I made that post a while ago. I've since fixed the problem (by obtaining a new PC), but thanks for that anyway. I'll know what the problem is if I get a laptop and it starts being a drag.
Devianteist

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:27 pm

You know what'd be cool? Imo, at least? A program that would automatically check for the latest SVN build and inform the computer-person if there is a new version.
Silentdarkness12
Level 7: ZScript Victim

Postby Ed the Bat » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:45 pm

The last and final SVN build is from July of 2013, so I don't see that as being helpful at all in regards to staying up to date.

For anyone like myself who isn't equipped to compile builds, the best bet is still to get the new dev builds from DRDTeam, as linked on the changelog page of zdoom.org, from the front page of the wiki, or from the first page of this thread.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby cem26 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:24 pm

but when i update my gzdom OPENGL is not working with them
cem26

Postby GreenDoomguy1999 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:46 am

All GZDoom 2.x.x on my computer with Windows XP look like this
Question : This is a sign of poor computer?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GreenDoomguy1999

Postby demo_the_man » Sat May 16, 2015 9:58 am

It might be because you have outdated hardware, as well as no way to update your operating environment

Also according to the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy entry on windows XP
" The human races most compatible operating system. It was implemented by the vogon constructor fleet after the destruction of earth after they found a computer in the debris."
(post 42 ftw)
demo_the_man
Did i ever tell ye the story of me old bones?

Discord: demo_the_man#8942

Postby worldendDominator » Mon May 18, 2015 11:12 am

A two-fold problem here.

I have absolutely no luck trying to get Smart Scavenger to work. The error message says,
Code: Select allExpand view
Script error, "smartscav-bdsperg.pk3:decorate" line 359:
Expected ')', got ','.

So apparently my GZDoom 1.8 is too outdated for this.

However, when I downloaded the newest version (I tried both stable 2.0.5 and the betas), it doesn't show any interface, including starting screen, menu, HUD, or console.

Any help here?
worldendDominator

Postby Devianteist » Mon May 18, 2015 11:33 am

worldendDominator wrote:A two-fold problem here.

I have absolutely no luck trying to get Smart Scavenger to work. The error message says,
Code: Select allExpand view
Script error, "smartscav-bdsperg.pk3:decorate" line 359:
Expected ')', got ','.

So apparently my GZDoom 1.8 is too outdated for this.

However, when I downloaded the newest version (I tried both stable 2.0.5 and the betas), it doesn't show any interface, including starting screen, menu, HUD, or console.

Any help here?

Try grabbing GZDoom 1.8.10. I've found that Smart Scavenger works with it very well as well as a number of other (recent and old) mods; You can find it here.
Devianteist

PreviousNext

Return to Rules and Forum Announcements