"Execution could not continue" - Your ZDoom may be too old!

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Blue Shadow

Re: ***** Mod Errors? READ THIS! *****

Post by Blue Shadow »

Make sure to extract the .pk3 file from the RAR package. Drag and drop the .pk3 file onto GZDoom executable to run it.
simpletonnn

Post by simpletonnn »

Blue Shadow wrote:Make sure to extract the .pk3 file from the RAR package. Drag and drop the .pk3 file onto GZDoom executable to run it.
Oh right, I forgot I have WinRAR. Sorry for the interruption, and thank you for reminding me.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Evidently I am still a newb to running mods and the like, but here I must pose a question; I cannot get DOOM: The Golden Souls running. I am using the latest SVN build of G/ZDoom, but keep getting this error (I have tried running other things, including vanilla DOOM/DOOM 2, and get the same error).
Spoiler:
simpletonnn

Post by simpletonnn »

Devianteist wrote:Evidently I am still a newb to running mods and the like, but here I must pose a question; I cannot get DOOM: The Golden Souls running. I am using the latest SVN build of G/ZDoom, but keep getting this error (I have tried running other things, including vanilla DOOM/DOOM 2, and get the same error).
Spoiler:
I had the same problem. Tried running it as a PWAD, failed, after that just threw it away.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Well, I don't really know what the problem is, considering I'm not getting it myself using the November 16th development build of GZDoom and a version of The Golden Souls that I downloaded two minutes ago. You might want to report it at the GZDoom Bugs forum.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

wildweasel wrote:Well, I don't really know what the problem is, considering I'm not getting it myself using the November 16th development build of GZDoom and a version of The Golden Souls that I downloaded two minutes ago. You might want to report it at the GZDoom Bugs forum.
I'll be sure to check in over there. Thanks Weasel.

Though, reading one of the threads there, I believe it's just my laptop. Thing's about as reliable as an Atari with Pacman, but no controller.
johnny

Re: PSA: UPDATE YOUR ZDOOM VERSION! (And Other Errors)

Post by johnny »

Update your video drivers bro! I had the same problem, my shitty laptop has the integrated intel HD3000 graphics, I updated and it fixed it right up.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

johnny wrote:Update your video drivers bro! I had the same problem, my shitty laptop has the integrated intel HD3000 graphics, I updated and it fixed it right up.
Wow, I made that post a while ago. I've since fixed the problem (by obtaining a new PC), but thanks for that anyway. I'll know what the problem is if I get a laptop and it starts being a drag.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

You know what'd be cool? Imo, at least? A program that would automatically check for the latest SVN build and inform the computer-person if there is a new version.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

The last and final SVN build is from July of 2013, so I don't see that as being helpful at all in regards to staying up to date.

For anyone like myself who isn't equipped to compile builds, the best bet is still to get the new dev builds from DRDTeam, as linked on the changelog page of zdoom.org, from the front page of the wiki, or from the first page of this thread.
cem26

Post by cem26 »

but when i update my gzdom OPENGL is not working with them
GreenDoomguy1999

Post by GreenDoomguy1999 »

All GZDoom 2.x.x on my computer with Windows XP look like this
Question : This is a sign of poor computer?
Attachments
s-mXUcuoe2U.jpg
uH5m-PM9x2w.jpg
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

It might be because you have outdated hardware, as well as no way to update your operating environment

Also according to the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy entry on windows XP
" The human races most compatible operating system. It was implemented by the vogon constructor fleet after the destruction of earth after they found a computer in the debris."
(post 42 ftw)
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

A two-fold problem here.

I have absolutely no luck trying to get Smart Scavenger to work. The error message says,

Code: Select all

Script error, "smartscav-bdsperg.pk3:decorate" line 359:
Expected ')', got ','.
So apparently my GZDoom 1.8 is too outdated for this.

However, when I downloaded the newest version (I tried both stable 2.0.5 and the betas), it doesn't show any interface, including starting screen, menu, HUD, or console.

Any help here?
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

worldendDominator wrote:A two-fold problem here.

I have absolutely no luck trying to get Smart Scavenger to work. The error message says,

Code: Select all

Script error, "smartscav-bdsperg.pk3:decorate" line 359:
Expected ')', got ','.
So apparently my GZDoom 1.8 is too outdated for this.

However, when I downloaded the newest version (I tried both stable 2.0.5 and the betas), it doesn't show any interface, including starting screen, menu, HUD, or console.

Any help here?
Try grabbing GZDoom 1.8.10. I've found that Smart Scavenger works with it very well as well as a number of other (recent and old) mods; You can find it here.

Return to “Technical Issues”