Strife: Weapons of Rebellion 2 - V1.3 Released! 8/9/12

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
amv2k9

Re: Strife: Weapons of Rebellion 2 - V1.2 Released! 5/15/12

Post by amv2k9 »

Were you able to tell if the Spiderbot died before GZDoom crashed?

About this nasty crash-causing bug that seems to happen when Spiderbots are attacked in their "Out of Targets" mode:

-Out of curiosity, I popped Return of the Order into Slade3, as my first guess as to why the problem was occurring was overlap of newly-defined actors. It was a no-go; neither kaiser_13.wad nor kaiser_13_b.wad define any new actors. The SEHACKED lump was no joy either; all it does is rename MAP02.
-Next, I ran ZDoom & GZDoom w/ nothing but the Strife IWAD & WoR2, and tried to replicate the bug by spawning Spiderbots, waiting around for them to enter the "Out Of Targets" state, then spawning Crusaders. No crashing :/
-Next, I spawned more Spiderbots, waited for them to go into their "Out Of Targets" state, and then killed them with various weapons and the "mdk" console command. Nothing.
-Then I ran Day of the Acolyte, and tried to reproduce the crash by doing the above there. Nothing.
-Then I ran Raiding the Dam, and tried to reproduce the crash by doing the above there. Nothing.

So I dunno WHAT the deal is.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Version 1.3 should be out sometime soon... All I need to do is stamp out this spiderbot bug, and the Sigil, oh boy, the Sigil. I have been dreading this moment.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

So, I've encountered the crashing bug with the spiderbots... It seems to occur if the monster is in its attack state when killed. And it happens with drone turrets as well.

If I can fix this, I believe I will be ready to release. The new Sigil should be working completely; the Spectres give you the new pieces, the door to the Entity will now open once you have completed the Sigil, and entering Map03 after the death of the Programmer will redirect you to Map30.
amv2k9

Re: Strife: Weapons of Rebellion 2 - V1.3 Released! 8/9/12

Post by amv2k9 »

Version 1.3 is now out! Check the first post for the download.

NOTE: If you intend to play WoR2 on a custom Strife map, use the Lite Edition (wor2v13lite.pk3) in the archive! The Full Edition will BREAK custom Strife maps such as Kaiser's "Return of the Order" and Khorus' "A World In Strife: Raiding the Dam", due to the inclusion of expanded dialog scripts for some maps which will overwrite any dialogue scripts used by the custom map.

V1.3 Changelog:

Dialogue Changes/Fixes (Full Version):
-Dialogues for some characters have been expanded. For example, try talking to Beldin in the Sanctuary, instead of just killing him ;) Macil's advisor at the first Front Base will also have new things to say depending on the mission you're on. Bartenders have an expanded selection of info for sale.
-The names of ammo sold in shops now reflects their new names. Also, prices are changed; crossbow bolts now won't sell for five gold in one place and two hundred in another.
-The altfires for each weapon now must be unlocked through completing certain objectives in the game story, and/or hunting down and talking to certain NPCs. Once a weapon has been upgraded, you'll have access to any and all of the weapon's altfire modes. When playing the Lite Version, all altfires are unlocked from the start.

HUD Changes/Fixes:
-The HUD has been completely revamped, and is based on a HUD by Sky Driver. Both numbers and gauges are shown for health, armor, ammo, and the light's battery power. The gauges will flash and numbers will change color at low levels.
-Active powerup icons in the upper right have been expanded to show time remaining, in number and gauge form.
-While any one of your 3 types of capsule 'bots is present in the level, a "D" next to its icon in the right side of the HUD will be shown. If a bot has run out of targets and turned back into a capsule, a "C" will be displayed next to its icon. If you can reach it, try to pick the capsules up, as they will be gone if you leave the map and return.
-The messages for what altfire you've switched to are FINALLY handled in ACS through fading HUDMessages instead of A_Print. No more messages right in the middle of the screen, and no more flooding the console with messages you don't need to be there!

Player Changes/Fixes:
-Movement speed and jump height reduced to vanilla Strife stats.

Weapon Changes/Fixes:
-A third altfire mode has been added to the Punch Dagger: Mini-Sentinels. They act similarly to the standard Sentinel, and their flight capabilities allow them to go where Spiderbots couldn't.
-Bot capsule ammo capacity reduced from 15 to 12 (24 w/ backpack).
-Hold state fixed for Punch Dagger secondary fire; previously you could throw more than one capsule at a time, without automatically going to the detonate sequence if you held the button down.
-Capsule bot detonations now have dynamic lights, and the bots cast off bits of debris as they blow up.
-A glitch where you would continue to throw bot capsules even when ammo was depleted has been fixed.
-The code of the crossbow while electric bolts are equipped has been completely redone. The old method was over three hundred lines long and a mess of dummy items and checks that never worked completely right no matter how I tweaked it. The new way is shorter, simpler, and just works better. The altfire works a little differently; When you have at least three ammo, press secondary fire to load two extra bolts, then press primary fire to lauch the same "3 arrows + 4 electric projectiles" attack seen previously with this weapon. While 3 bolts are loaded, you will be unable to switch to poison bolts, but you can unload the two extra bolts by pressing secondary fire again.
-Wait between firing poison arrows while scoped has been increased.
-Poison arrows that miss the target and strike walls or floors will alert enemies.
-Movement speed while using the crossbow's scope is reduced.
-Grenade ammo capacity reduced from 50 to 40 (80 w/ backpack).
-Firing Phosphor Grenades now costs 4 ammo units (to justify the huge amount of damage they do).
-The assault gun no longer continues to fire when you have no ammo.
-Hold state for the Assault gun's Phosphor Grenade altfire fixed.
-Offsets fixed for the grenade ammo; before the sprite was below the floor so you couldn't even see the pickup.
-A third altfire mode has been added to the Assault Rifle: Ironsight. Press the secondary fire to zoom in and out. Autofire isn't possible while looking down the barrel, but while zoomed, primary fire shoots one powerful, armor piercing bullet, at the cost of three ammo. It doesn't deal as much damage to biological enemies as a poison bolt does, but on the upside, it does the same amount of damage to bots that it does to acolytes and the like. You also move slower while looking down the barrel.
-The remote sticky mines altfire of the Micromissile Launcher now uses its own ammo. Once the Micromissile Launcher has been modded, Mine ammo pickups may be found where large missile ammo pickups spawn, and are also sold by some ammo vendors in the Full Version.
-The Sigil has FINALLY been replaced. Some of the attacks may not act exactly like the vanilla Sigil (most notably the attack done with the first Sigil piece) as a result of their action functions being somewhat difficult to genericize.

Inventory Fixes/Changes:
-Max capacity of Environmental Suits reduced by 1, to vanilla Strife capacity.
-Full Version: There are three new types of powerup "armor" to go alongside the Shadow Armor. Note that these armors are mutually exclusive; having one active and activating another will cause the former to be deactivated. All three can be bought from a specific vendor, and are found nowhere else in the game. Description, prices and storage capacity are as follows:
-Power Armor doubles damage and costs 300 gold. Three can be carried at a time.
-Reflex Armor increases movement speed and firing rate, and costs 300. Three can be carried at a time.
-Regen Armor recovers your life over time, and costs 400 gold. Only one can be carried at a time.

Enemy Fixes/Changes:
-Previously, if you chose to destroy the Front's Power Coupling for Governor Mourel rather than pick up the Broken Coupling, the scanning crew that would subsequently appear was glitched; even when you defeated them all, the game would not recognize it and the Governor's mansion would not open up again. This has now been fixed.
-Bots have some resistance to standard assault gun rounds, but not the armor piercing rounds fired while ironsighting.
-Full Version: Bots, when defeated, may drop parts. These parts can be sold back to weapon vendors in Town, the New Front Base, and the Order Commons for gold. There are four kinds of parts, and each one is worth more, and rarer, than the last:
-IR Sensors, which look like a dark grey Targeter with red lights, are worth 10 gold.
-Device Boards, which look like a printed circuit board, are worth 25 gold.
-Power Cores, which look like a orange and black cylinder, are worth 50 gold.
-AI Chips, which look like a blue chip, are worth 75 gold.

Misc Changes/Fixes:
-Full Version:Grammatical errors in some logs are now fixed.
-WoR 2 now has a new LOCKDEFS lump; generic "You don't have the key" messages have been replaced with ones that specify the key you need.
E.C.S

Post by E.C.S »

Very good mod. I did a quick test and I found a bug with the crossbow. By default the fire state in thirdperson is triggered:
And because that, the pain sounds aren't reproduced or just interrupted. That is what I got staying in the contaminated water.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

E.C.S wrote:Very good mod. I did a quick test and I found a bug with the crossbow. By default the fire state in thirdperson is triggered: And because that, the pain sounds aren't reproduced or just interrupted. That is what I got staying in the contaminated water.
The reason why when in 3rd person it looks like player is always in the fire state when the electric bolts are equipped is because I needed to use A_GunFlash in the weapon's Ready state to emulate some of the visual behavior of the vanilla Strife crossbow; namely the fact that the sparking tip of the bolt is fullbright, while the rest of the weapon is not.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Download is now hosted @ Mediafire.
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

I can't hit anything with the rocket launcher... :(
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

TheUnbeholden wrote:I can't hit anything with the rocket launcher... :(
The new launcher uses the old Strife action pointer for firing missiles; as you progress through the game, you gain accuracy upgrades which will make it fire with more accuracy.
jeans477

Post by jeans477 »

Cool mod man, who do I go to to install the crossbow mod?
EDIT: Oh, it was the guy in town.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”