Improving PerK's smooth animations mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Improving PerK's smooth animations mod

Postby guitardz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:13 pm

I'm glad I stumbled across this. Other smooth weapon mods I've used do way too much other stuff as well. Also, thanks for the no switch berserk add-on, Nevander, I'll definitely be grabbing that.
guitardz

Discord: #5267
Twitch ID: guitardz83

Re: Improving PerK's smooth animations mod

Postby DabbingSquidward » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:50 pm

After Almonds pointed out in the Smooth Doom thread that the SSG fires a few tics faster than vanilla and the plasma rifle can't fire less than three shots in a burst, I tried tracking down the origin of this problem and discovered that it was already present in the mod that started it all. Meaning, every submod which is derived from Perk's Smooth Weapon Animations is affected by this if not explicitly stated otherwise. From the top of my head, these are:

-Smooth Doom
-Your Improvement mod in this very thread
-Nevander's SmoothWeapons (part of his Mini-Mods collection, only hosted on Doomworld I think)
-Ed The Bat's pk_anim1/2fix
-K0rp53's Smooth Weapons on ModDB.
DabbingSquidward

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods