Smooth Weapons Enhanced [v3.2.1]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Abba Zabba

Re: Improving PerK's smooth animations mod

Post by Abba Zabba »

Oh it might be that issue again. That one sprite replacement for HDs shotgun gave me the same issue when I loaded them with Control+Click (multiple files). Guess I'll use the launcher.

Oh, and relating to Doom guy's gloves: well, I remember reading somewhere that the doomguy removed them because he was getting "more personal". Gentlemanly Doomguy! But I can always just take the old Perk sprites and paste them over the fixes wad. Thanks!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Minor update to the files.

Similar to what the Doom 2 Sprite Fixing Project did, I have removed the brownish pixels from the rear parts of the super shotgun barrel.

Furthermore, in the Black Gloves Edition I noticed some extra pixel on the left side of the super shotgun where there shouldn't be any. At the same time, the brown barrel shimmering should be back now (got lost when I turned the whole weapon image black and white to change glove color).
Sp00kyFox

Post by Sp00kyFox »

hi nightfright, wanted to inform you that revenant100 updated his sprite fixing project which leads in the new version 1.3 to issues with your mod.
could you plz update it?

edit:
never mind, was an error on my side. works fine with v1.3
Sp00kyFox

Post by Sp00kyFox »

I usually like to play megawads with the PistolStartEnforcer, but since this mod changes the names of the weapons it doesn't work properly. so I fixed that:
pk_PistolStartEnforcer.wad
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Sorry to bump, but I made some adjustment files a while back that you can load alongside this mod.

Changes Plasma Rifle to fire green like the Arachnotron:
pk_anim1_grnplas.wad
(77.74 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
pk_anim2_grnplas.wad
(77.74 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Restores default dynamic light behavior on the new player actor (the GLDEFS weren't added to reflect the new player actor name):
pk_anim_glfix.wad
(125 Bytes) Downloaded 155 times
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I have just seen Nevander's post and took the time to implement his GLDEFS into both versions of the mod. Thanks a lot for this!
Elie(T)Zerg

Post by Elie(T)Zerg »

Hmmm... one question... how i get permissions to view the files? i need to forming part of the modding?... well i ask beacuse i found the link on Doomworld, thinking its a direct link... well
Greetings
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Recently I sort of re-improved these again but mainly for my own personal use since I like things a little faster. I made the swap speeds twice as fast (except the Chainsaw), improved the responsiveness of the weapons when firing, adjusted some sprites, and I also redid the BFG using some even smoother animations from another WAD. Would it be ok if I posted them here?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I wouldn't mind. Just go ahead.
Voros

Post by Voros »

I use this exact mod for enhanced weapon animations, when I don't feel using Smooth Doom. I'd love see a more enhanced version (that doesn't deviate from vanilla ofc).
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

To be honest, I am not sure how to improve this even more... I guess the BFG animation wasn't exactly convincing and could be replaced if anybody has an idea how to make it better, but besides that...
Voros

Post by Voros »

I was talking about Nevander's modified version, which I would like to see.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Alright, I'll post it up in a bit once I make sure there aren't any more changes I want to make. I've been using this a lot lately in place of the originals and I don't even care if it gives a tiny advantage due to increased speeds and responsiveness. I've played Doom the right way for over 20 years. Time to play it the way I want to with more comfortable weapons.

EDIT: Here ya go. Enjoy it, I hope I didn't change too much for it to be another improvement (but once again, I did this for me mostly). Also this does touch on point 3 on the OP under notes.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8hahgwahj ... eapons.zip

Readme and Credits:
Spoiler:
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Well, that looks pretty good after taking a quick look at everything! Maybe I'll consider using the mapinfo versions of these variations for a final release of the original mod. If that's OK with you, Nevander. Credits would be given, ofc!
The only thing you could undo for me before would be the double-speed lower/raise animations plus the change applied to the Berserk pack (no fists). I guess it'd be better to stay a bit closer to vanilla for the "official" edition.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Is there a left handed pistol version of the pistol there, Nevander? I'm not fond of the right handed pistol.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”