[WIP/NSFW] Diablo Monsters v22

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RV-007

Re: [WIP] Diablo Monsters v17

Post by RV-007 »

v17+: Blood Golem WIP
-Blood_Golem is here (a HellKnight+ equivalent [but seriously, it's nearly boss {think Demon's Crest level1 song}])!
-A_Warp monsters now +NOCLIP on Pain state + -NOCLIP on Missile state (Skeleton crew + Blood_Golem).
-A_StopSound stuff for monsters completed in all audio channels during Pain + Death state.
-Lich still needs to be revised (the Blood_Golem is much stronger than it! [might need to just plant a stationary flame so that both monsters + lich have some infighting capability]).
-Up next, iron golem + sentient ninja star (damn, sometimes, I'm getting bored of this persistent need for perspiration [creativity duration running low].)
-Fixed the A_CheckFloor states detection error for humanoid type monsters.
-Fixed the +DONTHARMSPECIES for the Werewolf's Wolf_Smog (so the group won't hurt each other by radius damage).
-Blood Golem now sometimes drop ShellBox and/or Berserk on death state (this should be enough of many shotgun discharges to do the job [watch the acid blood]).
-Psych Orb now sometimes drop Cell on death state (just close enough to weaken the Psych Orb).
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

VOTING TIME:
I want to see if the werewolf is too annoying in regards of self health regeneration + passive aggressive behavior. Otherwise, it's fine as a Dr. Jekyll + Mr. Hyde incarnate.

It has become a concern that my modern shooter monsters projects are actually much more funner than my fantasy shooter monsters projects (this one being diablo and the other is infinity engine). Most the cause is due to the target id tracking system thing that I setup (makes game more exciting!). I might as well replace the A_Warp behavior w/ a dig-hide-wait state (A_Jump included [behavior will determine if target is facing the monster by 90 degrees {good enough of a insured coverage} before using higher probability to show itself]) in the near future should I place the system for the fantasy shooter monsters.
SPLCHRLCRNG

Post by SPLCHRLCRNG »

Wow, not alot of support shown for this.

It's great. If you don't mind, I'd like to use the sprites in my Hexen wad.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Permission is not required to use project resource. Yeah, these are pretty great for something medieval themed, but you might have already known, I do take my freakin' time, so that's why ppl aren't so responsive.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Just to let people know, monster project picking up again (but I might also offshoot a modern gangsta/crime [probably called organized crime] monsters combo project [yeah, yeah, I know, it sounds like a cop perspective so I'll try to make context more open-minded]).
Iron golem image resources complete.
Code for monster wip.
Sounds as well.
Don't download just yet.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

v17: Thing_Damage for Less Lag of Sticky Flame Actors Fix
-Made less lag for (near) constant use of flame scorcher (no more A_Explode's z height thrust though).
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

God DAMN, have you even HEARD of the edit button?!
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Kyle873 wrote:God DAMN, have you even HEARD of the edit button?!
He probably can't see it because he doesn't have his GPU drivers installed.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

yay diablo monsters in doom, even though they look really out of place but still good job and junk!
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Whoa! Looks like I got a prodding going on! It's time to mooo on!!! MOOO!
RV-007

Re: [WIP] Diablo Monsters v18

Post by RV-007 »

v18: Iron Golem Test (x < 18+ = this updated ain't adulterated! [the rest might be though])
-I tired after this.
-It's basically the blood golem, but in grey, healthier, and can rain down toxic metal (not chocolate) liquids/etc.
-Offense of iron golem is dependent on the height of the ceiling and the target (as well as target speed).
-Works very well against higher heights.
-Test for lag, especially for supershotguning for bloodtype.
-I might make some toxic metal puddles too (greyscale included).

-Got audio working for monster and its other instances.
-Fixed static animation of already dead monsters.
-Obituary message and some sounds added in.
-Up next, various blade sentinels (hopefully w/ different behavior)!
Last edited by RV-007 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Endless123

Re: [WIP] Diablo Monsters v18

Post by Endless123 »

Sprites-wise - you did a great job even if some monster's death animations could be a bit faster but it's no big deal.

Gameplay-wise - no so much

Reason : Enemies are all overpowered for the regular doomguy. Even my predator and terminator get their ass kicked badly. maybe reducing monster damage or adding some damage factor reductions could be a wise thing to do for the future of your mod.

Don't get me wrong, being a huge Diablo fan i love your mod but to enjoy it i have to use cheats to survive long enough to really enjoy it and i don't like using cheats. Of course you don't have to make the monsters be weaklings but i'm sure there is a middle point between weak and overpowered monsters.

So in conclusion reducing monster's damage is the only thing you need to improve your mod.
RV-007

Re: [WIP] Diablo Monsters v19

Post by RV-007 »

v19+: BloodType Actors Present, Iron Golem Tested and it is Lag + Game Ready/Friendly
-@Endless123, I will investigate the difficulty (I want to do a monster fill-in before the iwad map test run).
-Iron golem against werewolf = werewolf victory, iron golem against blood golem = no damage test in the melee department, and iron_golem against lich = iron golem, but I believe there is a glitch in the sticky brazier flame to damage fatter monsters.
-BloodType of Blade Sentinel completed!
-Blade Sentinel coming soon!
RV-007

Re: [WIP] Diablo Monsters v20

Post by RV-007 »

v20+: Blade Sentinels Update
-Blade sentinels completed.
-Intermission fixed.
-Goatman upnext.
Endless123

Re: [WIP] Diablo Monsters v20

Post by Endless123 »

Ok here is some feebacks

Things to changes

1 - The monsters with shield block too often and they are practically invincible when they block and since they replace some minor enemies it put too much difficulty on the player even at the lower difficulty setting - maybe adding some kind of randomize time or some "life durability" to the shields so they brake after taking some damage could help

2 - The teleporting skelly, those are already annoying as it is but they attack only once then they teleport. - I suggest they don't teleport before taking at least one hit.

3 - The archers's accuracy is too high, they shoot an arrow and never miss their target even if the player gets out of the way the arrow still hits player. - adding some spread factor would help balance it

4 - The commentary : even if it adds a nice touch it doesn't have to shoot a line everytime a monster is killed - please try to randomize the "when" and not just the line

5 - The death animations of all monsters are way too slow, it's like playing while using the "bullet-time" effect of the Matrix or Max Payne - Try to speed it up a bit

6 - All enemies are too aware of the player's presence leading in many overwhelming situations because most enemies comes at the player even if they aren't in the same area of the player. it's like they are hearing the player shooting from to other side of the map. It's like playing at Nightmare difficulty even while playing at "I don't want to die" difficulty with the only difference that once the monsters of the map are dead there is no other monsters spawning - limiting the sound radius the player generates or just put the enemies to "sleep" mode after an amount of time could reduce the monsters amount

I know all that might sounds a bit negative but it's not. I really want you to succeed with this mod because i like the concept of having Diablo monsters into Doom and i think those 2 games goes well together.

Note that i tested it with Doom 2 wad without any weapon mods or any other mods that could have changed the normal Doom gameplay.

Conclusion there is still work to do but this version is better than the previous ones and that's a good thing. Don't worry too much though, the list above might looks long but it's not that long since it's minor adjustments to do and not an entire mod to redone so cheer up and don't give up :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”