Re: BossBattles V_16ZA/ClasslessV5

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Evilm0nk

Re: BossBattles V_16ZA/ClasslessV5

Post by Evilm0nk »

Story: As every hero, when they die, They are sent to heaven. These hero's are not only worshipped on earth, But in heaven they are granted positions to defend it and make major decisions in that realm as well. Thinking nothing of it, Heaven never expects anything bad to ever happen, There has never been an invasion up there so no worries right?!
WRONG!! The day has come when Hell Finally invades heaven to cause mischief, Hells goal Is to take over heaven and take its power so that everyone who dies that is good or bad is sent to hell. Now the hero's weren't Prepared for this But Now it is there journey to defend heaven by going to hell and giving the devil One big F you!

About: You get to play as one of the heros from Doom, Doom64, Hexen, Heretic, strife. Each class has its own weapons and attributes, one may jump higher, one may have more health, ECT...
All the demons that were once vanquished in those games are now back, Hey where did you expect them to go when they died? You will fight bosses from many different games and maybe monsters that are not even bosses at all but are still strong altogether.

Videos:
Spoiler:
==Skulltag Textures==

Bossbattles needs to be ran alongside skulltag textures when playing it on zdoom or gzdoom, so here is the location of that wad:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35025

I Did not create this wad, the wad just contains skulltag textures which is needed.

If playing on zandronum, Bossbattles needs to be ran alongside with the Skulltag_Content.pk3 (Or skulltag data and actors).
Spoiler:
==Version 16 for zdoom/gzdoom/zandronum==

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wmqg07yqn5u7 ... A.pk3?dl=0

==Classless Version 5 for zdoom/gzdoom/zandronum (more mod Friendly)==

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4s66yzwg8mit ... 5.pk3?dl=0

If for some reason the hud comes out enlarged when running bossbattles, Go to console and type "Hud_scale 0" and that should fix that problem.
Last edited by Evilm0nk on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Ethril

Re: BossBattles V33

Post by Ethril »

Is this still just repetitive huge bland boxy levels that go on for ages with seemingly endless waves of "bosses" that consist of tens/hundreds of thousands of hp (which takes like 5 minutes to break down even with multiple players focus firing), super speed, and nigh-undodgeable homing projectiles with ludicrous explosion ranges that kill you in one hit even with the insane amounts of armor and health you can pick up, like the last time I played it? Or is it more interesting now?

(don't get me wrong, i still think it's kind of fun in co-op... just seems kind of mediocre quality)
Evilm0nk

Post by Evilm0nk »

Its how you described it, I know it ain't appealing to everyone but I thought it would be cool to see every boss from everyones wads and doom engine games in one wad. Any feedback to make it better is appreciated :-)
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

The first thing i can say is holy shit fix your typo and your youtube tags
lolwut?

Post by lolwut? »

This is fun as heck in Co-op! Is this going to get more updates?
Evilm0nk

Post by Evilm0nk »

Aww I noticed the typo my bad when I get back on my computer ill change it, i did this on my Ipad and didn't notice it lol. Im glad you think its fun, and ofcourse it will receive more updates :-)
hugoroy

Post by hugoroy »

I love you
Evilm0nk

Post by Evilm0nk »

hugoroy wrote:I love you
Why is that lol.
Evilm0nk

Re: BossBattles V34 out

Post by Evilm0nk »

Version 34 is not out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?05957g4ql6s55e1

-Various bug fixes
-gldefs have been updated
-Few maps have been redone
-new bosses
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

NICE ! , but as in V32 i wanted to call out about the D'Sparil boss.
We know its the Heretic's hardcode version you spawn there...
And D'Sparil is a 2 actors-in-one actor...
Every map has a boss, and when it dies, the next Boss-type will appear, but in map1
THAT does not happen... the serpent rider part dies, some electrical glow goes over its
dead body, the map is announcing 4 milotaurs, and D'Sparil stands up (actor 2 named sorcerer2)

I have a fix for you if you are interested.
I have made a decorated version of D'Sparil that combines sorcerer1 and sorcerer2 as being a 1 actor.
The decorate still needs a tiny bit tweaks here and there, but the version i have now acts 99.9%
the same as the Hardcoded version of D'Sparil.
It will be ready in a few more days.... since im not working all day on this...

I wasnt able to call out on the Skulltag forums... but i can do it here :D since i have been subscibed
to this forums here too for a long time.

Let me hear if interested.

EDIT: You might even replace the Milotaurs, i have made a decorate version of him too back in somewhere late 2007.
And now that we are in a Heretic mood, ...maybe you like to see 'Metal head' too...

EDIT: Maybe this one too, since i read someone asking on the Skulltag Forums for Wolfenstein 3D bosses... but i need some more time to finish 'm...
Evilm0nk

Post by Evilm0nk »

Aww I'm glad to hear from you again :), Im interested in all the above lol.
What I was originally going to do with desparil was just make the serpent not someone him and he would just spawn as another monster like the zdaemon version.
Your idea sounds so much better :).
I noticed about the skulltag forums :/, But we can do all the talking on here now lol.
Metal head I would like as well, Hitler looks is looking good :) ( sounds kinda bad lol).

Oh and did you ever Wana add your Cacomom and Satan Servant in?
Glad to finally talk to you again :).
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

Evilm0nk wrote:Aww I'm glad to hear from you again :), Im interested in all the above lol.
What I was originally going to do with desparil was just make the serpent not someone him and he would just spawn as another monster like the zdaemon version.
Your idea sounds so much better :).
I noticed about the skulltag forums :/, But we can do all the talking on here now lol.
Metal head I would like as well, Hitler looks is looking good :) ( sounds kinda bad lol).

Oh and did you ever Wana add your Cacomom and Satan Servant in?
Glad to finally talk to you again :).
Ohwell, i can always make a standalone Serpent-Rider-version (Sorcerer1), and a standalone DSparil-version (sorcerer2) now that
we have a decorated version. :D

CacoMom is best when i put her in myself, since she uses 1 or 2 scripts...the hissy's she poops out dies all together
when she dies.
THAT part is script controlled.
I find that most logic, but if you wish them to stay alive, just tell me, or alter it yourselve later on.

Satan Servant would be a pain in the ass enemy, especially when we put in the instant death spell.
It will kill players instantly and every kill, heals Satan Servant....
I have heard via via, players dont like him doing that.
But people, believe me, that is what makes him boss over bosses. :twisted:
And also, Satan Servant, has a regeneration spell, thats heals him over time, and when he does do that,
he gets invulnerable, so you can shoot whatever you want, it wont hurt him, instead you have to kill
5 master souls that he spawns when he regenerates, to make him vulnerable again.... or when
he finished up his regenerate spell.
So Evilmonk, you have to think twice if you really want Satan Servant in your wad.
He is definitely not a standard boss we all know in the (Z)Doom universe.

Hitler will take some time, i've made only 3 sprites thusfar.
I dont think he will be finished before v35 or so.... but i'll try to hurry up alittle more....
Would be cool to have the mech-suit done too.
Hitler will then have the same decorate-style as D'Sparil is.
The decorate code will be easy like copy and paste -style.
Evilm0nk

Post by Evilm0nk »

I like all of what you said lol, I would like both the caco mom and Satan servant :P.
But sense you know them the most would you wana make a map for them?

I think Satan servant would fit perfectly as like A devil Second form :P.
Caco mom could fit perfect along with the rest of the cacos :).

I figured hitler wouldn't be done for sometime, I know there is a lot of work to make those sprites, but once you finish him i would gladly take him :).

Btw people love that evolutionary baron :).
PFL

Post by PFL »

This is well done and a cool idea. Just ONE thing though; the blue Menlkir Clones... just too much health & darkening ghosts heading at the player. WAY too much to be fair.
Evilm0nk

Post by Evilm0nk »

Aww ill take a look at there health, also the ghosts i noticed are pretty unfair, ill fix em by the next release :). thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”