[RELEASE] Style Mod for Heretic

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain Ventris

Re: [Video] Style Mod for Heretic

Post by Captain Ventris »

Pink Silver wrote:
Captain Ventris wrote:Still waiting for the greatest collaboration of all time: Wildweasel, Xaser, and Jimmy91 present: Style Parkour: Omega
Pokemon edition.
With a coop campaign, amirite?
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Yell Hes
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

rsl wrote:P.S. Is the mugshot appearing in the video a part of the standard Heretic IWAD? I never noticed...
Yep - you only see it in deathmatch mode, but the "face" and "no face" versions come in all four player colors to show the breakdown of who fragged whom. Here, I've taken the "player 1" versions and used them in an SBARINFO DrawBar function, which presents a rather amusing image when you're around 50-60 health. =P
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

awesnome mod
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Yes this what i like to see. Im already jumping up and down aod doing cartwheels over this. :wub:

Ill be playing the hell out of this once it is released

Love it that you made some of the weapons abit whacky like the chickenator :D

ps if your still looking for a name for the sixth weapon iv got a couple i could suggest BUT you will probably do that anyway
Trooper 077

Post by Trooper 077 »

That Chicken Staff looks like it can be quite the Clusterchuck :wink:
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

hammer oz wrote:ps if your still looking for a name for the sixth weapon iv got a couple i could suggest BUT you will probably do that anyway
Actually, I'm open for suggestions; I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with Weapon 6, other than that it will probably involve those rotating golden skulls from the main menu.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

well here a couple i just recently thought of

If its going to become a serious weapon i was thinking something like goldon skulls of style(since your calling the mod style :) ).

as for a whacky weapons i thought of something like chatterskull of doom I even came up with an attack for it aswell :D
primary fire releases a homing skull that locks on and talks its victim to death(think annoying orange).
secoddary fire (thought of this while using the rick roll boom box) launches the skull for a short distance and blasts every bad guy in the room with either rick roll or the troll song.

Yeah im probably overdoing it here but hey i never see that many heretic mods these days :D
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The reasons I won't do those are both the same: because they would require new audio lumps. I should note the purpose of Style Mod for Heretic is the same as its Doom predecessor: no new graphic or sound lumps, nothing but code. The .pk3 file is roughly 18 KB of compressed code and text data, as of the video.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

aah ok so nothing new is going to be added. Still the name I suggested for the weapon fits in imo :D
Last edited by hammer oz on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
rsl

Post by rsl »

Actually, I'm open for suggestions; I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with Weapon 6, other than that it will probably involve those rotating golden skulls from the main menu.
What about having the weapon generate a large skull that stops in midair, keeps rotating and spits out fireballs in all directions? :) I don't know how the powered version might shape up, tho. :?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

rsl wrote:
What about having the weapon generate a large skull that stops in midair, keeps rotating and spits out fireballs in all directions? :) I don't know how the powered version might shape up, tho. :?
Bear in mind that the mod will have infinite ammo for all primary fire modes and a shared style-point pool for secondaries. Having something like that would be pretty overpowered for a primary fire. That said, having the skulls work as mines would work as a primary fire and have the super skull fireball burn-a-thon could work as the style drainer. As for the Tome, have the primary fire seek enemies in tome mode and have the secondary have a short flash of light as it nukes the room with BFG tracers.
rsl

Post by rsl »

Uh, ok. Didn't remember this constraint from the DOOM equivalent. :oops: That being said, the firing modes layout you suggested would seem quite suitable to me - maybe with the exception of the tomed secondary mode. Since the use of BFG-type tracers is normally extremely powerful, wouldn't it be better to spare them for the seventh weapon :?:
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Pepto Bismol - Bottle of purple stuff
I'm in love now.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

terranova wrote:Pepto Bismol - Bottle of purple stuff
I'm in love now.