[RELEASE] Style Mod for Heretic

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [RELEASE] Style Mod for Heretic

Post by wildweasel »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:If something's been done like this already post-release, then nevermind!
That is exactly what is being done, as a matter of fact! (It looks rather amusing if you're around 60 health, heh.)
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

A man after my own heart, then! At any rate, I'm gonna download this and try it out since my internet's finally stable after weeks of garbage connection. So many Christmas gifts this year!
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Chicken launcher... crazy idea 8-) There was also a Doom patch that made the RL shoot chickens :shock:
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Honestly, I find the random flasks/vials to be more annoying than entertaining. In the case of the vials, even if you know which ones have which effects for that level, there are still sometimes vials placed in narrow corridors where you can't get around them. "Oh, what's that? You just took a nasty hit to the face and are at critical health? HERE, HAVE A POISON VIAL THAT YOU CAN'T AVOID!"
Since you can only carry one of each flask with you between levels, and they're actually not as common as you'd think, you can't even experiment to find out which one does what and still actually be able to use it when you need it.

I'd like to suggest linking the like-colored flasks and vials somehow. They'd still be randomized between levels, but you'd know the effects of a flask by using a vial of the same color, and vice-versa.
in other words, the effects of each color are randomized as they are now, but PER GAME (not individual level) the vial and flask effects would pair up, so once you figure out what the combos are, you know that (for example) if a certain color vial is time freeze, that color flask will be explosive for that level... at least until you start a new game, where time freeze might be linked with super strength, and so on.

It would still have a randomness/luck factor to it, but would minimize the frustration and make the flasks actually practical to use.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

That actually sounds better. I should probably ask Snarboo about that.

If you're finding that Gargoyle Leaders are not dropping Style Points like all other Gargoyles should be, that is a known bug and has been fixed for the next version.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

The gauntlet thingy that serves as the last weapon looks kinda weird, a bit too... Patchworky? It's not as seamless as the other weapons.
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

Cake yeah! I don't know that Weasel can makes jokewad (sorry, not making fun to you).
Chicken staff that shoots chicken and chain-wand? Sounds like Insanity rocket launcher and chain-pistol to me! Hell yeah!
will you update it please please wildweasel please
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

taufan99 wrote:Cake yeah! I don't know that Weasel can makes jokewad (sorry, not making fun to you).
That's not a jokewad.
It's called Crazy Awesome.
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

been playing this for awhile now and i have always wondered if any of the flask's contain time stop i always assumed it was the red one due to picking up the red vials as well but alas when i use it its the I am gonna ef you up and drop you to 1 hit point flask
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The effects of each flask and vial are randomized for each level. One of the vials, I think, contains a brief time-stop effect, but of course, what color it is will vary depending on the level you're on.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”