[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - Explode along with me!

Post by Slax »

I love you, Russian Overkill.
You turn frown-days into KERPLOW-days.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Freaklore1 wrote:This is how i would see the 4th female class look like or at least something similar.

http://www.freewallpapersbase.com/video ... lpaper.jpg

http://www.freewallpapersbase.com/video ... lpaper.jpg
LOL!!! Somehow, this is why I just loled my pants:

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/in-soviet-rus ... 362703.jpg

And now, this is how I picture FPSRussia playing Russian Overkill:

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i52/5/5/15/fr ... ac89c5.jpg
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Im sure WildWeasel could make a nice sprite out of the pic i reffered,his Diaz and DoomWife were quite decent.

Dual wield Auto Shotguns,now thats some awesome idea.

FPSRussia as a class,yes please that would be nice. (altough i heard that he's not an actual russian,that he just play a character)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Freaklore1 wrote:Im sure WildWeasel could make a nice sprite out of the pic i reffered,his Diaz and DoomWife were quite decent.
huh, i thought almost of sprite works for weasel's doom mod was made by marty kirra.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Captain J wrote:
Freaklore1 wrote:Im sure WildWeasel could make a nice sprite out of the pic i reffered,his Diaz and DoomWife were quite decent.
huh, i thought almost of sprite works for weasel's doom mod was made by marty kirra.
Oh sorry my mistake,i didnt know.

But you gotta admit,those female sprites are well made.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I EFFIN' LOVE THIS MOD! This is PERFECT for breaking those annoying maps! The weapons are amazing, the effects are amazing... DUDE! I am so inspired by you!

Just a couple of things...

- With all of the Team Fortress 2 references strewn throughout this Russian mod, I would expect to hear lots of quotes from the most powerful, most Russian character of the game: the Heavy Weapons Guy. Why is it there aren't any voice quotes from him?

- A suggestion to anyone who reads this comment: I cannot program monsters, but I do have some ideas for some to make the game a bit more interesting... if anyone was interested in fighting hard monsters...

= Cyberdemon equipped w/ Beef Supreme (has lots more health, drops five 100mm shellboxes upon death)
= Spider Mastermind equipped w/ Master Obliterator (has lots more health, drops five bullet boxes upon death)
= A Mancubus with two Gorynch chainguns and a lot of health (variant would be known as a "Brute"; drops two Gorynch chainguns upon death)
= Arachnotrons with various weapons (maybe any slot 7 weapons or Gorynch; they drop ammo corresponding to whatever weapon they carry)
= Shotgun Guys with Erasus or Leviathan (drop whatever weapon they carry upon death)
= Chaingun Guys with Power Overwhelming/Gorynch (Zombies w/ Power Overwhelming can heal themselves and others around them; drop whatever weapon they carry upon death)
= Some Zombiemen with Tarpan (can also heal their friends and themselves; drop Tarpan upon death)
= Some Zombiemen with Mp40 (although that's what the Nazis have; drop Mp40 upon death)
= Some Zombiemen with Libra (can also heal their friends and themselves; drop Libra upon death)
= A Chaingun Guy variant that uses Berserk and no chaingun (fast, runs at you, attempts to punch you or throw rocks at you; drops Berserk pack upon death; variant would be known as a "Berserker")

There could (maybe) also be a Mancubus variant that uses two Immolators (drops two of them upon death).

And, if possible, it would be nice if these changes can run with Brutal Doom, so that when one uses Brutal Doom Lite (or Brutal Doom, if he be audacious enough...) one can play with these changes while also enjoying a massive gore fest.

What do you guys think?
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

DoomKrakken wrote: And, if possible, it would be nice if these changes can run with Brutal Doom, so that when one uses Brutal Doom Lite (or Brutal Doom, if he be audacious enough...) one can play with these changes while also enjoying a massive gore fest.

What do you guys think?
If someone made new monsters, they'd have to have Brutal Doom gore embedded in them already. Loading Brutal Doom(lite) over it will just replace them with the Brutal Doom monsters. The gore isn't a separate thing, it's part of the way the monsters are made to act.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

DoomKrakken wrote: = Cyberdemon equipped w/ Beef Supreme (has lots more health, drops five 100mm shellboxes upon death)
= Spider Mastermind equipped w/ Master Obliterator (has lots more health, drops five bullet boxes upon death)
= A Mancubus with two Gorynch chainguns and a lot of health (variant would be known as a "Brute"; drops two Gorynch chainguns upon death)
= Arachnotrons with various weapons (maybe any slot 7 weapons or Gorynch; they drop ammo corresponding to whatever weapon they carry)
= Shotgun Guys with Erasus or Leviathan (drop whatever weapon they carry upon death)
= Chaingun Guys with Power Overwhelming/Gorynch (Zombies w/ Power Overwhelming can heal themselves and others around them; drop whatever weapon they carry upon death)
= Some Zombiemen with Tarpan (can also heal their friends and themselves; drop Tarpan upon death)
= Some Zombiemen with Mp40 (although that's what the Nazis have; drop Mp40 upon death)
= Some Zombiemen with Libra (can also heal their friends and themselves; drop Libra upon death)
= A Chaingun Guy variant that uses Berserk and no chaingun (fast, runs at you, attempts to punch you or throw rocks at you; drops Berserk pack upon death; variant would be known as a "Berserker")

There could (maybe) also be a Mancubus variant that uses two Immolators (drops two of them upon death).
?
Wouldn't that make the monsters kind of... strong?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Also, he didn't liked to do a custom monster editing. so i dun dinkso.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

TheBadHustlex wrote:
Wouldn't that make the monsters kind of... strong?
Why, yes! That's exactly the point!

I know the point of Russian Overkill is to establish dominance over every single hellspawn that comes your way, but it gets tiresome after a while (at least for me). I know that there are difficulty settings which make the creatures harder to kill because they would have more health, but that's kind of boring. I absolutely love huge variety. This proposal would make the gameplay more similar to the other overkill mod "Brutal Doom: Derp Edition." Besides, it'd be really cool to see creatures actually using the same weapons as you (well, at least, to me). Gameplay would still be unfairly tipped in the favor of the player, but it'd be really fun!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Captain J wrote:Also, he didn't liked to do a custom monster editing. so i dun dinkso.
I know Pillow Blaster wasn't into making monsters. That's why I brought this up for anyone else who wants to take on this project. I was asking the rest of the community, not Pillow Blaster.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Somagu wrote: If someone made new monsters, they'd have to have Brutal Doom gore embedded in them already. Loading Brutal Doom(lite) over it will just replace them with the Brutal Doom monsters. The gore isn't a separate thing, it's part of the way the monsters are made to act.
Thanks for letting me know.

I'm no programmer, I'm more of a suggester, so I'm (kind of) speaking out of ignorance here. What I'm really trying to say is that it'd be nice if they could have that Brutal Doom gore too.

I'm wondering... if someone decided to take this up, would it be easier for them to make it into an addon for Russian Overkill, or make it a stand-alone mod that had compatibility with Russian Overkill and/or other mods?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

If that happens, we're welcome. And yes, I do know you were talking to the commentary. But i think we don't need any of overwhelming gameplays such as stronger monsters since we have a overpowered weaponries and skills that could kill us easily by misfired. besides, we can make those monsters stronger by set the difficulty into harder. and damn tactical grammar nazis, man.

Also you can add the additional quotes and words by clicking the edit button, just make sure you know.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Well lads, it's not like I completely scrapped that idea, as I know what could this possibly provide - for instance, revenants falcon punching people into submission. I have a couple ideas, and I guess I could cook up something that would make everyone whince (imagine the gimmickness of some of the weapons, but applied to, well, monsters!), the problem is however whether I want to stick with stock graphics and make everything from what I've got in Overkill or regular doom already, or should I visit uncle Realm, and create some mashup for that purpose.

The problem with the earlier is of course that it might look boring, or might not give as many options, but the latter is an extra mile I don't feel like going for, as I am only one person, and I've got tons of other things to finish (and I am kind of allergic to take other people's stuff these days that might as well have been used in bazillions of other mods. Guess I could tweak it on the way, but... :effort:). I'll see what I can do after I'll somehow, someday, finish 2.3, as with suddenly tackling the idea to make the weapons support widescreen, some more behavioural tweaks, and make at least bunch of them look better delayed the release to like next decade. Unless I should stop giving so much fucks about quality of the releases, but then I feel like I am setting myself on fire for setting off something that's only partially done. :P
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

PillowBlaster wrote:...the problem is however whether I want to stick with stock graphics and make everything from what I've got in Overkill or regular doom already, or should I visit uncle Realm, and create some mashup for that purpose.
Why not a bit of both? Use a little from the Realm, and use some stuff you already got.

P.S.:While I'm not entirely a fan of the Falcon Punch Revs, I admit it's a pretty funny idea.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”