[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared

Re: [WIP] Russian Overkill - Birthday Special!

Post by Jimmy »

Magban724 wrote:

Just to show it works now with Heretic!
I WANT THIS.
Marisa the Magician

Discord: Marisa the Magician#1666
Twitch ID: MarisaDOOM
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Magban724 wrote:

TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

*insert image macro of joy here*
Hellstorm Archon
Discord: Man of Doom#4046
Twitch ID: _man_of_doom

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Magban724 wrote:

:surprise:

……………………

I MUST HAVE THIS. NOUGH!!
Project Dark Fox
Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox

Post by Project Dark Fox »

The only thing I wish out of this project is that I don't hear Havoc's trademark one-liners for every kill or weapon-recycle.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Then you have nothing to worry, since I use 'em only in trailers. Anyway, I'm also working on Strife-patch, it's pretty much done, but I think I messed up something with strife itself, since it makes my computer go bluescreen. :P
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

You managed to make zdoom send your computer to bluescreen? If you're working with an otherwise stable and healthy computer that's impressive and scary. Is there any pattern to it, and exactly what version of zdoom are you running? (OS and service pack level is also interesting, of course.)

There are many ways to crash zdoom, but I have yet to see modder-logic cause anything worse than an infinite loop or a null-pointer exception, which will normally terminate the program without harming the computer.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Project Dark Fox wrote:The only thing I wish out of this project is that I don't hear Havoc's trademark one-liners for every kill or weapon-recycle.
That's the generic commando, not Havoc. :P
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

That's the generic commando, not Havoc. :P
Yep!

Also:
FDARI wrote:You managed to make zdoom send your computer to bluescreen? If you're working with an otherwise stable and healthy computer that's impressive and scary. Is there any pattern to it, and exactly what version of zdoom are you running? (OS and service pack level is also interesting, of course.)

There are many ways to crash zdoom, but I have yet to see modder-logic cause anything worse than an infinite loop or a null-pointer exception, which will normally terminate the program without harming the computer.
Well, I've just did some tests. Earlier it was going alright, even with or without the mod. Then suddenly it started. I noticed that game plays normal if I do not add the voices for npcs. Looks like the voices.wad causes this problem, since when I use strife iwad only, it loads without any problems. But when I add voices - the screen goes black and normal, black and normal few times, and then boom goes the bluescreen.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Magban724 wrote:Well, I've just did some tests. Earlier it was going alright, even with or without the mod. Then suddenly it started. I noticed that game plays normal if I do not add the voices for npcs. Looks like the voices.wad causes this problem, since when I use strife iwad only, it loads without any problems. But when I add voices - the screen goes black and normal, black and normal few times, and then boom goes the bluescreen.
A friend of mine had a similar problem once... is there a difference between ZDoom and GZDoom?
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by wildweasel »

Magban724 wrote:Well, I've just did some tests. Earlier it was going alright, even with or without the mod. Then suddenly it started. I noticed that game plays normal if I do not add the voices for npcs. Looks like the voices.wad causes this problem, since when I use strife iwad only, it loads without any problems. But when I add voices - the screen goes black and normal, black and normal few times, and then boom goes the bluescreen.
Have you checked to see if you might have bad RAM or a dying video card?
Hellstorm Archon
Discord: Man of Doom#4046
Twitch ID: _man_of_doom

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

I've had an issue similar to this on my old laptop. Turns out the cause for my BSoDs were that I needed to update my graphics driver. Maybe you should try this and see if that solves the problem.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Well, I bet it's not my computer. I have Intel Quad, Gainward 250GTS (1024mb graph card) and win7 32-bit. Just installed strife again, and works allright. As I suspected, I messed up something in voices.wad someday, propably when I had that crash when I was playing strife. :lol:
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Magban724 wrote:Well, I bet it's not my computer. I have Intel Quad, Gainward 250GTS (1024mb graph card) and win7 32-bit.
That doesn't matter if drivers are screwy and/or one of the components are going faulty.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”