[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Postby antpostal » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:50 pm

been getting a V.M abort that reads domination or dominion pointer(cant remember which). while using gzdoom 4.6.0. while using lexicon wad. anyone happen to know whats causing this?
antpostal

Postby wildweasel » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:30 pm

antpostal wrote:been getting a V.M abort that reads domination or dominion pointer(cant remember which). while using gzdoom 4.6.0. while using lexicon wad. anyone happen to know whats causing this?

It would be helpful if you could provide a screenshot of the error you're getting.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby vex-cydestroyer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:12 am

hello i need some help i seem to not download the full mod it self its just blank folder can someone give me an advice? thanks.
vex-cydestroyer

Postby Rodman909 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:06 am

So I was playing this mod with the Hell on Earth Starter Pack. I got to MAP10, but when I pressed the switch that summons the Belphegor bosses, they didn't show up. Maybe they saw what I was doing to their comrades and decided, "nah, fuck that shit". :lol:
Rodman909

Discord: #5312
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Rowsol » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:20 am

• If you throw a shitstorm at close range to an enemy it will be destroyed.
• The tank will sometimes just stop attacking.
• The magnet projectile on the instafun is very peculiar about only attacking targets on it's own level. It won't attack enemies above or below it. NOVERTICALMELEERANGE fixed it, yay.
• Comrade grenade smoke isn't affected with the choker.
• Antonov, Beef supreme, and the Hotrod spike have unnecessary upward thrust causing them to go over their intended target.
• "CannonMuzzle" on Steamroller causes a bright flash with each shot, hurting your eyes.
• Comrade should have it's bouncing grenades on altfire and time stop moved to reload or zoom. Mutilator could use a similar treatment. Flamethrower on altfire, airsoft on zoom, and charge on reload.
• I noticed the flamethrower on the mutilator is missing it's GLdefs. I remember when you turned some of those off for performance reasons but I just tested it and it made no difference to my framerate on an already heavy map. It's safe to turn that one back on.
Rowsol

Postby wildweasel » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:35 pm

My apologies for the bump, but I figure I should do this mod the service of pointing out a fatal error: viewtopic.php?p=1217638#p1217638

Graf Zahl wrote:The barrel in RO calls A_Explode right in its death state without any delay - this means that one barrels goes boom, then inflicts radius damage to the next one, and so on for the entire group. This all happens recursively right in the first barrel's death state which eventually makes the engine crash. If there was a one-frame delay, it'd work as expected.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby PillowBlaster » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:59 am

wildweasel wrote:My apologies for the bump, but I figure I should do this mod the service of pointing out a fatal error: viewtopic.php?p=1217638#p1217638

I'd say it's not an issue that's really caused by the mod, given its been around for years and didn't really change barrels much ever since, but with people being weird with the barrels in their maps. I never had myself crashed this way until someone thought its an excellent idea to put absolute fucking mountains of barrels in a single spot for death exits. I'll add a frame and call it a day.

Rowsol wrote:• If you throw a shitstorm at close range to an enemy it will be destroyed.
• The tank will sometimes just stop attacking.
• The magnet projectile on the instafun is very peculiar about only attacking targets on it's own level. It won't attack enemies above or below it. NOVERTICALMELEERANGE fixed it, yay.
• Comrade grenade smoke isn't affected with the choker.
• Antonov, Beef supreme, and the Hotrod spike have unnecessary upward thrust causing them to go over their intended target.
• "CannonMuzzle" on Steamroller causes a bright flash with each shot, hurting your eyes.
• Comrade should have it's bouncing grenades on altfire and time stop moved to reload or zoom. Mutilator could use a similar treatment. Flamethrower on altfire, airsoft on zoom, and charge on reload.
• I noticed the flamethrower on the mutilator is missing it's GLdefs. I remember when you turned some of those off for performance reasons but I just tested it and it made no difference to my framerate on an already heavy map. It's safe to turn that one back on.

- Hmm, I'd rather say it isn't the close range being the problem, but another actor standing on top of it somehow making it collide with the enemy and prematurely getting destroyed. I'll see about some fix for that.
- Not sure what happens there, but I'll see if I can make it periodically just forget about its current target and look for something else, as I have a feeling it might be just getting fixated on an enemy out of range? (I pray that fix won't cause even more issues, but I think it shouldn't. It can re-acquire targets almost immediately anyway.)
- Weird. It used to work just fine without such shenanigans. Ah well, thanks much for an ez fix, at least!
- Seems to work as intended, unless you mean the trails? Then that's intentional. Same goes for tank shells and casings, after all, as smoke choker is mostly for standard explosions' smokes.
- Intentional. Helps to aim with for me, especially upon large distances, cause lack of that thrust makes it harder to aim for me instead. Especially when you get autoaim involved.
- I think you mean the gldefs on the fire trail on it, cuz I don't remember adding any cannon muzzle there. I'll add some on projectile and add separate, GLDEF-less flames there. That will hopefully make it less painful for eyes.
- Charge and time stop on altfire is more intuitive imo. I could probably swap up one of the modes as zoom fire mode on it. I'll see if I can arse myself to do that.
- Done!
PillowBlaster

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods