[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0a, Reprise

Post by Captain J »

Try download the new version of GZDoom. Version G4.3.3 welcomes such true agenda of the mod.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Those functions are fairly recent additions to GZDoom. You may need to update to a newer GZDoom.

[edit] Ninja'd by the new page. :?

Post by 789. »

hi, idk if i found a bug , but in the cheaty menu whatever value u put in deathnukes (toggles going out with a superweapon blast(the description)) dont change if u will die for superweapons shots, if this is not a bug ,can some1 explain me what this deathnukes cheat do ? thanks for the attention :D

edit: and this doesnt affect the orb that dont allow super weapons do damage to u
Last edited by 789. on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasterCactus

Post by MasterCactus »

I got this error while trying to load up the mod in GZDoom:
Script error, "RO.pk3:moonspeak/enhanced_vm_abort.txt" line 74:
Unknown function S_StartSound
Any tips?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

MasterCactus wrote:I got this error while trying to load up the mod in GZDoom:
Any tips?
As said above, you need a new version of gzdoom.
cs89

Post by cs89 »

I really glad this mod got an update for newer GzDoom version. :D
I remember I tried out RO when there was a separate addon which contained additional weapons (which weapons are now in the main pk3 file).
I will play a regular size megawad with the crazy firepower the mod offer. :)
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

The replaced monster projectiles are missing their GLdefs.
Keys are showing up twice on the standard HUD.
Stuffed barrels are bypassing the class restrictions.
Tepesh is causing things to bleed that shouldn't be able to, such as barrels and the robots of the Rampancy mod.
The dispenser is tanking my framerate. It wasn't an issue in the previous version. The red light is much brighter now. edit: simply changing 'secondarySize' from 256 to 128 fixed it completely and it still looks good.
Attachments
new.JPG
old.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.29 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
w4defish

Post by w4defish »

When I try to run russian overkill on GZdoom I get this error
Anyone know how I would fix this?
I think im on the most recent version of GZdoom so now im confused.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

w4defish wrote:I think im on the most recent version of GZdoom so now im confused.
It can't hurt to double check; the most recent is 4.3.3, last I recall, and S_StartSound is a VERY recent addition.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

789. wrote:hi, idk if i found a bug , but in the cheaty menu whatever value u put in deathnukes (toggles going out with a superweapon blast(the description)) dont change if u will die for superweapons shots, if this is not a bug ,can some1 explain me what this deathnukes cheat do ? thanks for the attention :D

edit: and this doesnt affect the orb that dont allow super weapons do damage to u
I am not sure if I understand your inclinations, but deathnukes option makes you explode with a superweapon blast when you die like in old RO versions, no more, no less. It will not make you immune from superweapons. They are not affected by amplifiers either.
Rowsol wrote:The replaced monster projectiles are missing their GLdefs.
Keys are showing up twice on the standard HUD.
Stuffed barrels are bypassing the class restrictions.
Tepesh is causing things to bleed that shouldn't be able to, such as barrels and the robots of the Rampancy mod.
The dispenser is tanking my framerate. It wasn't an issue in the previous version. The red light is much brighter now. edit: simply changing 'secondarySize' from 256 to 128 fixed it completely and it still looks good.
-That oughta be ez fix. I even forgot I modified those, but I guess for the sake of that one sphere working proper... I should figure out a better way to handle that.
-There's a specific reason why this happens - citing: "You get stock keys alongside custom RO ones because!... some maps are real funny with their locks/scripts and only respect default keys. It's a preventive measure for such case and it was around for a long while, but I made the key list lately display all keys to save myself headache of displaying the custom keys people add to their things and as a side effect, that made them both appear at once."
-Of course I had to forget about something, will fix.
-Hmmmm... I don't think that's on me then. I did make the stakes blood shower only react to bleeding enemies, so there's not much I can do here without some explicit checks, and not sure if I wanna delve into that.
-Odd. 256 should still be well within reason regarding gldef lights. I know anything past that number can act funky, but... guess I'll see if I'll wanna tweak it or not, given it works fine here, but performance comes first. Probably all the extra particles are messing it up.
wildweasel wrote:
w4defish wrote:I think im on the most recent version of GZdoom so now im confused.
It can't hurt to double check; the most recent is 4.3.3, last I recall, and S_StartSound is a VERY recent addition.
Yeah, I can confirm, you need to get an updated gzdoom for that.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Technical problem here. I was just playing and I hit a level where the Vindicator primary fire was killing my framerate. I saved the game there and tested the other super weapons. None had the same problem. I'm commenting out code and it has something to do with "VindicatorExplodiumBlast", in particularly the "A_SuperExplode" of it. If I comment those out I get no lag. I can't find any documentation on A_SuperExplode so I have no idea what the parameters are. If need be here's the info if you want to check yourself.
DyingCamel's Demons, map12, in the final area where the cyberdemon shows up in front of you and you are in a circular room. Fire the primary fire of the Vindicator and the game practically locks up for a few seconds. The secondary fire does as well but not until it's explosion. If I replace it with A_Explode the problem goes away.
I just realized Vindicator no longer hurts you with it's primary fire. Neat?
I am unable to leave forkgod mode. I thought it was reload? I tried zoom too. I ended up having to finish the level in order to change back.
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

Rowsol wrote:I am unable to leave forkgod mode. I thought it was reload? I tried zoom too. I ended up having to finish the level in order to change back.
I'm having the same problem with Fork Sphere. Once entered, it seems like neither Reload or Zoom gets you out of it. Only way I've been able to get out of it is through changing maps. Also, shields still take damage in Forkgod mode. Not sure if that's intentional or not since you're supposed to be in a invulnerable state once in Forkgod mode, or as far as I know anyway.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Rowsol wrote:Forkgod stuff
Answer's in the attachment. I wonder if there's some better way to deliver this info without being intrusive since this is in the tooltips but most folks probably have that off by now, but I am kinda at wit's end regarding that (plus, if it needs explanations like that it's kinda bad design by default, but sometimes you need perspective of time to see what works and what doesn't). Also updated the info in OP regarding that.
Rowsol wrote:Technical problem here. I was just playing and I hit a level where the Vindicator primary fire was killing my framerate. I saved the game there and tested the other super weapons. None had the same problem. I'm commenting out code and it has something to do with "VindicatorExplodiumBlast", in particularly the "A_SuperExplode" of it. If I comment those out I get no lag. I can't find any documentation on A_SuperExplode so I have no idea what the parameters are. If need be here's the info if you want to check yourself.
I am a dumbass and should've used this function better, that is all. Will work better next time, but might affect the firepower as I am not sure how to gauge damage ratio on something this obscene. SuperExplode is basically KeksDose's brainchild made for the explosions go through walls, and while Vindicator did do that already - I figured it might be better to call it once per frame and just increase range/decrease damage output per tic instead of making it called ten billion times per one explosive actor like it used to. I'll pump it up in case it'll feel too weak after nearest update.

(Oh yeah and it'll start killing you again hu~)
Attachments
info.png
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

PillowBlaster wrote:Answer's in the attachment. I wonder if there's some better way to deliver this info without being intrusive since this is in the tooltips but most folks probably have that off by now, but I am kinda at wit's end regarding that (plus, if it needs explanations like that it's kinda bad design by default, but sometimes you need perspective of time to see what works and what doesn't). Also updated the info in OP regarding that.
Is there any way to set it up to where using weapon next/previous will also back you out of Forkgod? I was about to post saying trying to switch weapons still wasn't working for me until I decided to go back one last time and try using the 1-0 keys to switch weapons to find out that's how its done lol.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

SchwarzerZwerg altfire and Borsch don't respect recoil settings.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”