[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.5, Vodka Strikes Again

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.5, Vodka Strikes Aga

Postby Valken » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:47 am

That deathshead cam cannot come faster enough! I still play ROK with any new map coming out nowdays. Looking forward to it when its ready.
Valken

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:59 am

Captain J wrote:However, mind if i suggest something?; It's about Yamato Cannon. It looks still small and underwhelming than other Slot 8 Superweapons. Sounds crazy, but i expect you can replace or improve it bigger!

Sorry J, but not gonna happen - I grew kinda nostalgic with this one, and I already poured a good chunk of work on making it look decent again. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless~
PillowBlaster
Grump incarnate

Postby UTNerd24 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Some recommendations for ya:

Not to be a buzzkill, but not everyone likes being screamed at. Maybe a toggle for the MP3 playing during ExtremeSphere's power?

You should Make Stalin fireable in dumb mode. Maybe even make an option for the Deathhead's secondary to show a small camera rather than take up the whole screen? I know that's unhinged from the source material, but A UT mod called Unreal 4 Ever had a weapon with a similar function so idk.

A chance for the Comrade to play "STOP!" when time is frozen, and "Hammer Time!" once time resumes.

A chance for a Vinesauce Vinny clip to play when HOMING BOOLETS is activated.

An option to destroy Stachanov obelisks at will.

One that should probably be addressed: Being able to return multiple Warpocalypse Tanks. Last time I had multiple Tanks, I could only return one and I had one following me for the rest of the map... Not that it was really an issue.

And lastly, the Union could use a small buff.

That's all I got for now. Glad to hear you're still looking back at this! Can't wait for you new works!
UTNerd24

Postby Geonightman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:03 am

UTNerd24 wrote:Some recommendations for ya:

You should Make Stalin fireable in dumb mode. Maybe even make an option for the Deathhead's secondary to show a small camera rather than take up the whole screen? I know that's unhinged from the source material, but A UT mod called Unreal 4 Ever had a weapon with a similar function so idk.

Actually, it was mentioned a while back the Deathhead's bugged. When a Stalin is active, it flips the fire mode. To fire the Stalin in Dumb Mode you just switch to Guided. This is known and is being worked on.
Geonightman

Postby will183 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Just a suggestion, Could the Stanchnov and Union be buffed to be has punchy as all the other weapons, Stanchov feels kinda weak when compared to the channeler and the insta' funeral and the Union feels a bit too bog standard assault rifle with extra punch thrown in, maybe replace its burst fire.

EDIT: and the flare gun to be useful as the other pistols that the classes have
will183

Postby Wisecrack34 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:10 am

Any way I can find an old version that runs on GZ 3.1? Trying out the old GZDOOM mobile app and wanna try it out with this absolute blast of a mod
Wisecrack34

Postby wildweasel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:32 am

Wisecrack34 wrote:Any way I can find an old version that runs on GZ 3.1? Trying out the old GZDOOM mobile app and wanna try it out with this absolute blast of a mod

Get Delta Touch instead; their version of GZDoom is 3.6 and should run the mod fine (you'll probably want to turn off some mod effects though).
wildweasel
「お前はもうトースト」[you are already toast.]
Moderator Team Lead

Postby YasuoProjectX » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:47 am

This is why Earth-Chan dont like this. Other players destroying the whole world like some Nuke Weapons especially Chillax and SF2012, many peoples in the map (or battlefield) are killed with no responsibility to them.

1 Like = 1 Support from Demons Family
YasuoProjectX

Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby Tetsuryu » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Yes, I did notice that even disabling friendly fire did not save your comrades in coop mode from certain weapons.

Granted, you wouldn't even have it enabled with a mod like this unless you're a sucker for punishment, but I digress.

By the way, why was the drone from 2.4 removed?
Tetsuryu

Postby PillowBlaster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:58 am

That's fixed in 3.0, which will come... sometime. I still have something going for GC now.

And drone was removed cause it wasn't that useful, kept getting in the way, and its active sound was drilling into my skullcasen. The warpocalypse tank is a superior replacement.
PillowBlaster
Grump incarnate

Postby 685eric685 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:06 pm

I don't know how to install the beta so I can play the game!
685eric685

Discord: #6850

Postby Zhs2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 pm

The advice in the first post is just a teensy bit outdated. Russian Overkill works fine with the latest release of GZDoom!
Zhs2
Power of three.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Postby Rowsol » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:54 pm

The Warpocalypse aiming is inverted on 3.7.2. If it aims at a flying enemy it shoots at the ground instead. I noticed this bug mentioned in the patch notes of the latest Pandemonia update, the AI aiming at the ground I mean.
Rowsol

Postby comet1337 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:08 pm

Rowsol wrote:The Warpocalypse aiming is inverted on 3.7.2. If it aims at a flying enemy it shoots at the ground instead. I noticed this bug mentioned in the patch notes of the latest Pandemonia update, the AI aiming at the ground I mean.

the "inverted pitch on monsters" is fixed on devbuilds and (according to what i've heard) will be included in the next gzd version
comet1337

Postby Finder153 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:16 pm

I'd like to point out a few stuff regarding the credits in Decorate files though...

Rasputin's sprite was from jstanf35's DN3D mod Imagination World, which originated from an old TFC skin for the Grenade Launcher.

Petrovec's altfire sound came from Battlefield 2142's railgun but high pitched.
I went underthrough using BF2142 sounds for my personal TF2 mod and I noticed that when I was done having railgun sounds for the Machina, I recongized the railgun sound when I use altfire on Petrovec.
Last edited by Finder153 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Finder153
Scorched earth!

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods