[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gabbuz85

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.4

Post by Gabbuz85 »

now with animation :D

16443378_1260295377358472_1501784737_n.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Captain J

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Post by Captain J »

BAWWOW, looks amazing! But make sure post more progresses on your own thread, if you can!
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

I do not think I'll make one. I made this just for fun and I don't have nobody to help me with program's stuff (plus my english is suck, I use google translator). maybe in future I'll make a thread...
Domenishi

I threw together an icon for the game.

Post by Domenishi »

Overkill (.png).png
It's nice to have an icon for your games. And the ZDoom icon isn't flattering enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GripZ
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by GripZ »

Can i have download links to you're previous builds?
Like v2.3
PillowBlaster

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.5, Vodka Strikes Aga

Post by PillowBlaster »

(Click the image for the download.)

Seven years of RO... christ, when did all that time go?... So! I didn't plan to release it yet, but since my update pace is horrible (I've got way too much crap to work on), and there's a special occasion, namely me knocking myself into another year of not dying so far. I decided to do an intermediary update, so it can be enjoyed in at least slightly refurbished flavor. Probably missed or forgot over 9000 obvious, stupid things as per usual. Note that I didn't update the class patch yet, so I don't recommend using that one. I also broke the enchanced nazis into separate file because of monster mod compats and such.

[spoiler="Changelooooog"]V.2.5

GENERAL-WISE CHANGES:
-Moved the changed controls into the REAL SOVIET STUFF to comply with 'do not touch protected options'.
-Fixed all floating point truncation stuff.
-Severely toned down recoil stuff. (Doesn't mean it's gone completely - it's just way saner now.)
-Fixed the hammerspace backpack ability to screw up your ammo after you pick up too much backpacks.
-The thrusters have a new trick! - tap'n'hold the jump after the first flight to enter hover mode. Also made them undroppable because "omg why y u do dis".
-Finally added working health/armor bars. Because I was a huge idiot.
-Fixed "quoted soundslots" issue.
-Fixed the arrow display in the combo lookup looking wrong.
-Added tooltips when you select weapons with altfire + direction firing mode switch. This will get further refined as it isn't exactly efficient way of informing player about such feature at the moment, but hopefully will save newcomers some headaches.
-Added extra height to Yuri's jumps.
-Added some extra flavor to explosions, namely smoke rotation.
-Explosive puffs retained their explosive capabilities, which were missing since... whooo boi, quite ever since, cause I was huge doofus and didn't know about +PUFFGETSOWNER.
-Made the god mode powerups stack. (So getting extremesphere or shieldsphere with fork god won't screw it up now. Hopefully.)
-Fixed the error messages about "recoilcheckdummy" while firing certain weapons. (Got rid of the old recoil method completely.)
-Added jet flames to manual jet thruster after years worth of time, rofl.
-Changed almost all of cvar check scripts into direct cvar checks.
-I felt like shell casings weren't as fun anymore, when you can do yourself a way better favour by spending them on powercube powerups... so I bumped their power.
-Forkgod's insides have been completely remodeled - it doesn't use the effing morph powerup anymore, so you can pick things up, gives you an explanation on how it works, so you know how it fares and won't accidentally remove it from get-go, got severe coding refinements like everywhere else, etc.
-Grammar Nazis have been separated from main file for Dehacked/Monster Packs compat. One can still find MP40's from the barrels.
-Replaced the ultra boring and annoying Hunter Seeker with... The Warpocalypse Tank. ARMAGEDDON IS HERE.
-Probably a whole lot of other things I forgot to note.

WEAPON-WISE CHANGES:
-Fixed MP40 not alerting monsters on dual-wield.
-New graphics for tank shells! (Also left the caliber unspecified because the joke was going over some people's heads.)

Classic set:
-Morning star received its own name and new sprites. Also behavioral tweak - no more screen movement, so you have full control over the weapon, with exception towards the spin attack. The spikes also got a boost in form of bouncing capability.
-Caber got animation rehaul, and rehanding. Otherwise, switched to synthfire behavior for maximum flexibility. The charge attack doesn't need to cool down anymore, and it also makes you fly. And the grenade kick!... ohhh good grief.
-Matroyshka received a severe improvement! The tracers got turned into models, so the performance should go up a lot. Negated recoil and toned down zoom flicker to a minimum. The flying minigun projectiles got new behaviour - they speed up over time, so even over big distances, the projectiles shouldn't eat all of your processing power. And added a lil' toggle if someone missed Wolgir. (I swear if someone will mention returning Wolgir again, I'll do something nasty which you all will regret.)
-Power Overwhelming got less spread and recoil, new spiffy graphics, internal rehaul, new healing method... and IZ HUNDRETWASSERHAUS MOAR SOVJET NAO! (As much as I feel I scaled it down a bit too much. But I don't feel like fixing that now.) I resigned from wallstorm shot, because it was causing way too much lag.
-Stachanov got a good bit of changes; namely it doesn't need to recharge its alt-fire shots by idling with the weapon in your hands anymore (yaaaay), but now you have to wait for the charges to get back from minibelisks, detonating themselves (booooo). Also charged shots use more ammo now, but got in exchange severe damage boost, just so shooting non-charged shots is more profitable. Before this change, you'd always fully charge it for maximum damage, which made it pretty useless. Also has a new scope and less screen blend, so your eyes won't scream for mercy.
-Tepesch got minimal damage boost on regular firing mode, and added something extra to the megastake shot.
-Colonel Pillskanone got some nominal retool, like giving it a severe gun shake to further improve its oomph factor.
-Deathhead's nuke missile got a bit more intimidating, the gun itself has twice the firing rate and smoothiness, new spiffy graphics with widescreen support, et all.
-Yamato's blast gets a slight retool, but behaviour-wise - nothing's changed, it's just slightly taller, and the projectile explodes when it hits the skybox. Didn't get to improve it graphically, but I made it not cut-off anymore.

Moldova set:
-Apparently WeaponGiver can stop the idling sound AND make the weapon stay around in multi. So using that, Powercube/Excalibat got their sound cues back.
-Excalibat got brand-spanking new sprites, courtesy of Zrrion the Insect! - also serious, internal retool, like everything else so far.
-Powercube got widescreen friendly (it should be from the very beginning), the projectiles are faster, and got two extra colors that alternate between red/pink and cyan/blue at random during spam. (Also fixed alt-fire barely taking any ammo.)
-Libra got replaced with THE WALL~ I mean... Antonov splitter rifle.
-Gorynch had a visual rehaul and tracers to add to the visual dakka factor. Otherwise, I can't really figure out any weird alt-fire for it, so let's assume it's perfect as it is. At least for now.
-Okudzhava's been renamed to Hotrod, and got a visual rehaul. Behaviour-wise, it's the same thing with some lil' improvements, like being full-auto, the stuck in wall rod having significantly more damage and not hurting you, etc.
-Gopnik's guts got rewritten from scratch, and as much as it probably wasn't seen as a visible cutoff - still, got widescreened, received brightmaps, dud fart mines on direct deploy have been removed - now they always explode with full power upon impact, added strong deviation on lobber mode, so regular firing mode is more useful in direct combat, mines themselves have been rewritten, so they A. track enemies better, B. they aren't monster hax anymore, C. they are projectiles, so it means they track kills and ownership properly, and should trigger when the other players passes them by in deathmatch, in theory. It was some time since I played a deathmatch with this, and didn't have an occasion to try. (Maybe for the better, haha...)

Third Wave set: (least touched cause I am roughly trying to get through them in introduction time)
-Tarpan was lame as fuck. Now it got replaced with Union high power rifle! Now we're cooking with explosive lead.
-Obliterator got a widescreen support treatment.
-Rasputin got a visual rehaul, higher firing rate, frozen orb follows nearest targets, so do the fire chunks from the fire grenade, decreased toxic grenade's lifespan and power for exchange of firing lower cost and faster firing rate (the main reason is to make it eat less computing power while letting you engage more areas), toxic pods fly down way faster.
-Steamroller didn't need much of changes - just spiffier sprites. Also, again, severely decreased particle rate because lol lags.[/spoiler]
Captain J

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Post by Captain J »

Mother Russia Bleeds... Once again! Thanks for the long-waited update, comrade. Hope some changes and improvements made the mod a lot better!
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

And added a lil' toggle if someone missed Wolgir.

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sweet. I love this already and i'm not even playing it.

Found a crash though. Yuri's ice nova fist move thing. If you hold it for a second or two, and then release it, the game unceremoniously CTDs with a generic windows error message.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Did I say something about missing stupid things

Quickfixed. Redownload.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Time to powertrip some bunch of different kinds of beasties.

Oh, showed this to my best friend. He really loves this mod with all the easter eggs and references that you can find here, and the ridiculous weapons thrown around here. You're the first author he considers the best here. Gonna show him this update.
potetobloke
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Two words.

LOAD. BLOWN.

I fucking love you Pillowblaster.
hjkos

Post by hjkos »

I found some bugs.
For some reason I cannot pick up Vodka anymore, and shooting planet cracker spams "P_StartScript: Unknown script "SmokeChoker"" in console
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

hjkos wrote:I found some bugs.
For some reason I cannot pick up Vodka anymore, and shooting planet cracker spams "P_StartScript: Unknown script "SmokeChoker"" in console

Okay, the smokechoker is an easy one, I'll wait with ninja-fixing until more things that does not crash the game pop up. However...

Wow, there is literally nothing suggesting that behavior there, especially that I didn't touch that powerup ever since. Why that happens, wish I knew. So far whatever I do, I can't pick it up either, sooo.... that's gonna be a tough one to resolve. Must be some new gzdoom weirdness I am not sure of.

EDIT: So just renaming the item fixed it, huh. But I didn't get any actor collision warning. I am of weirded out now. Ninja-fixed at any rate.
multiguy18

Post by multiguy18 »

There is another bug i recently noticed where you lose the ability to fire and deselect the Death Head Launcher.

Steps to reproduce:
- Select the Death Head Launcher
- Switch the firemode to dumb mode
- Launch the big nuke with the secondary fire
hjkos

Post by hjkos »

Now it seems that alt-fire on planet cracker is broken, after some time "P_StartScript: Unknown script 384" pops up and nothing happens, no orbital strike, everyting's still alive.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”