[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.4

Postby comet1337 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:04 pm

looks like my annual nukilar-FSU-party will be early next year
comet1337

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:06 pm

A whole bunch of people wrote:Stuff...

Totally agreed. With all of it. :D

Spaceman333 wrote:Even after 20 playthroughs through multiple different 32 level megawads, it still hasn't gotten old.

Clearly someone didn't get vodka-rekt... (lol jk)
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.

Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Postby Captain J » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:19 pm

PillowBlaster wrote:How it's gonna go? Well, time will tell. So far it's incredible pain in the ass, even if I touch it only occasionally. If I won't be able to get this done in a reasonable timespan, I'll try to wrap up all I had done, squish bugs and release intermediary updates instead. See if Overkill is still in fashion and all.
You sprite resurrectin' good. For mother russia, of course! It is really surprising you could resprite those kind of weapons.

So... Keep up the glorious work, comrade! We're counting on you!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby goanna678 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:17 pm

will you make
RussuR overkikrevo
(DooD version of russian overkill)
goanna678

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby DrDoctor » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:41 am

Is anyone else getting a weird bug where you instantly looking at the floor when you fire certain weapons?
DrDoctor

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:48 am

Never got that... yet...

I'm assuming it's a problem with some of the A_SetPitch parameters... you may want to look for an A_SetPitch action where it's not adding to/subtracting from the player's current pitch.
DoomKrakken

Postby Grey Rook » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:01 am

PillowBlaster wrote:

A lil' inside on what I've been fiddling with lately, as I am running out of motivation to keep going, as the scope of the planned refurbishments are quite large. Maybe not as impressive as one would hope, but it's still an effort to go through. The idea is to rewrite most of the things from scratch where applicable, retool or even replace the worst offenders in terms of weapons or features. I am looking at you, Tarpan - or you, Forkgod. Don't worry though, most will be left intact, behaviour-wise - as you can see with Forkgod in the video already. And perhaps if I'll still be sane after this all, fill in some gaps. Like, widescreen-support (haha good luck) or extra firing modes-kind of gaps.

How it's gonna go? Well, time will tell. So far it's incredible pain in the ass, even if I touch it only occasionally. If I won't be able to get this done in a reasonable timespan, I'll try to wrap up all I had done, squish bugs and release intermediary updates instead. See if Overkill is still in fashion and all.

Pardon me, but could you kindly tell me the name of the artist who made that song and what WAD you're playing in the video, please? I've half a mind to check them out myself.

Also, if you're feeling burned out, I cannot in good conscience demand that you continue. If you think you've had enough of overkill then by all means, take a break. We're not paying you for this, and so you have no obligations to us.

Regarding bugs, I'm not sure I know of any, aside from some graphical issues like guns displaying too far to the left, meaning that the sprite cuts off before the screen ends, as well as the Beef Supreme and the Deathshead causing significant lag when fired. Neither of these are particularly severe, in my opinion.

I do feel the need to compliment the replacement sprites, though; they're beautiful.

And as a final aside, what's wrong with the Tarpan?
Grey Rook

Postby Rowsol » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:04 am

DrDoctor wrote:Is anyone else getting a weird bug where you instantly looking at the floor when you fire certain weapons?

Try this and see if it fixes it. http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6854
Rowsol

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:10 am

Tarpan?

My guess as to what's wrong with it, is that it's honestly kind of weaksauce. Okay, yes, you have the healz and the homing boolets. But when you compare it to the other lead-slingers, it absolutely feels slow and not-as-OP.
Silentdarkness12
Level 7: ZScript Victim

Postby Grey Rook » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:58 am

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Tarpan?

My guess as to what's wrong with it, is that it's honestly kind of weaksauce. Okay, yes, you have the healz and the homing boolets. But when you compare it to the other lead-slingers, it absolutely feels slow and not-as-OP.

Mmm, good point. Of course, the same goes for the Wolgir and the Erasus.
Grey Rook

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:08 am

Wolgir? The combat rifle?

I thought that one was alright for what it was.
Silentdarkness12

Postby Redead-ITA » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:09 pm

I wonder if the "Hydra" will make a return
maybe as alternative weapon who knows
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby Grey Rook » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:46 pm

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Wolgir? The combat rifle?

I thought that one was alright for what it was.

Yes, that Wolgir. I would argue that, like the Tarpan, it is... not underpowered, but somewhat less overpowered than most of the rest of the arsenal and is frankly somewhat redundant with the rest of the leadslingers around.

I also think that it needs a button to restore it to shooting only one bullet per shot after you have set it to two or three bullets per shot, but that might just be me missing something.
Redead-ITA wrote:I wonder if the "Hydra" will make a return
maybe as alternative weapon who knows

Could you remind me of what the Hydra was, please?
Grey Rook

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:49 pm

Well, no. The Tarpan IS underpowered. It's an efficient ammo user, and doesn't do that much damage. Lol, what place does that have in RO?

I like the Wolgir, because with all the chainguns and miniguns, we can round it out cosmetically with a rifle : D

Wolgir is not that underpowered, especially once it's at full lead spitter mode.
Silentdarkness12

Postby DoomKrakken » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:10 pm

I find the alt-fire to be rather useful... :)
DoomKrakken

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods