[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.4

Postby wpninja » Sat May 14, 2016 6:43 am

Doctrine Dark wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:I don't know, I still experience some small lags in this mod even with the choker but with the choker on in Trailblazer makes the game run smooth.

Will not help much because this mod used a lot of my cpu so I can not risk it use GZDoom constantly but thanks for clarifying my doubt .

I put Choker Smoke On, decrease barrels but did not notice much difference.

So I suggested one Russian Overkill light without special effects in nuclear weapons or decrease these effects since most weapons kill with a single shot.

You sure that is all cpu based? I thought all the extra lighting and effects + weapon sprites of the mod mainly ran on your gpu, goes to show what I know :p.
wpninja

Postby Reactor » Sat May 14, 2016 7:37 am

PillowBlaster :) Have you ever thought about makin' a sequel of this? I'd LOVE to see "Russian Overkill 2 - Proletar Dictature"!
Reactor
The militarist

Postby Untitled » Sat May 14, 2016 8:21 am

Reactor wrote:PillowBlaster :) Have you ever thought about makin' a sequel of this? I'd LOVE to see "Russian Overkill 2 - Proletar Dictature"!

He probably wouldn't, because seriously - is literally 50+ weapons of mass destruction not enough for you?

Also, this is kind of Russian Overkill 2 - 2.4, to be exact.
Untitled

Discord: wrsw#0132
Twitch ID: UntitledsTakenNOOOO

Postby Reactor » Sat May 14, 2016 8:31 am

No, I wasn't referring to the weapons - I was referring to a very own campaign maybe, with a story :)
Reactor
The militarist

Postby wildweasel » Sat May 14, 2016 9:48 am

wpninja wrote:You sure that is all cpu based? I thought all the extra lighting and effects + weapon sprites of the mod mainly ran on your gpu, goes to show what I know :p.

Strange but true; the problem is actually actor processing, not so much graphics, if I remember correctly.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Doctrine Gamer » Sat May 14, 2016 4:35 pm

wpninja & wildweasel

I do not know but when I use nuclear weapons to the CPU rises to almost 90 %, mainly with the secondary shot of Yamato .

In ZDoom already CPU usage decreased but also when use nuclear weapons the CPU rises from 9% to 50 % of use.

I do not know if this is just me, although he has heard some people complain about lag.
Doctrine Gamer
Holger Danilchenko

Postby demo_the_man » Sat May 14, 2016 4:43 pm

This is most likely becuase of the sheer amount of soviet firepower, that makes your computer quake with fear and use 90% of its power to try to dispel veapon. Do not worry eez feature not boog.

Or there are just too many particles and sprites on screen. Like how nuts.wad can make anything without 3 cores slow to a halt.
demo_the_man
Did i ever tell ye the story of me old bones?

Discord: demo_the_man#8942

Postby Reactor » Sat May 14, 2016 7:11 pm

demo_the_man wrote:This is most likely becuase of the sheer amount of soviet firepower, that makes your computer quake with fear and use 90% of its power to try to dispel veapon. Do not worry eez feature not boog.

Or there are just too many particles and sprites on screen. Like how nuts.wad can make anything without 3 cores slow to a halt.

In past games, we all could see effective demonstrations of Soviet firepower, so it makes perfect sense :)

"Kirov reporting!"
"These will be your last moments!"
"Commencing SHOCK therapy!"
Reactor
The militarist

Postby Doctrine Gamer » Sat May 14, 2016 7:16 pm

However funny it may seem this is the only problem that prevents me from using this mod for a long time but as you said:

"it is expected such a thing from a Russian firepower." :(
Doctrine Gamer
Holger Danilchenko

Postby Dark Pulse » Thu May 26, 2016 9:08 pm

The mod seems to be a lot buggier under ZDoom/GZDoom builds based on 2.8.1. :(

It seems like now once I complete a map, as soon as I fire in the next map, the entire thing crashes on an access violation. Worse, it dies in a way that kills my control INI and completely wipes it to default!

I've got a couple of crashlogs, but I dunno if it'll really do anything. :p

It used to run perfectly fine under an older build, so I may have to go back to that in a worst-case scenario...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dark Pulse
Should I be happy or miserable that I enjoyed SNES Doom? What about PS1 Hexen?

Postby Silentdarkness12 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:29 pm

So, I thought that the infinite redoubler backpack was a bit too overpowered for my tastes, especially if you're talking about a map-set that hands out plenty of them. But I also sort of wanted some expansive ammo inventory, so then I tried to make an addon for Russian Overkill. No good. I stink at ACS hard.

An addon to make the Condemned Pack work like the Hammerspace backpack in Guncaster would be neat. I tried to do it myself, but got stumped thoroughly when I started getting ACS compile errors about redefined integers....that's when I completely had no idea what I was doing and gave up. Help would be appreciated.
Silentdarkness12
Level 7: ZScript Victim

Problem...

Postby Ashir » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi guys, I'm trying to play this mod with Doom II, but after first map I got very nasty visual errors. It's like things are visible when they should not.

An example: this is how the very begining of the gantled looks like.

Spoiler:

I got the very same error while playing the master levels, but I did find that I wasn't using the lights.pk3 and brightmaps.pk3 that came with GZDoom 2.2, but this is NOT that case.

Any ideas???

Moderator's Note: Link'd the image instead of having it displayed here.
Ashir

Postby Hellser » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Welcome to the forums, Ashir! If you're unable to get help here, try the GZDoom Bug Forum at DRDTeam, as this appears to be a GZDoom issue rather than ZDoom or even the mod - as it appears that the renderer is crapping out on you. Also, be sure to scale your image down by using some third party program or website. Having it at fullscreen resolution on the forums tends to cause chaos.
Hellser
Remember Citadel
Global Moderator

Discord: Hellser#8156
Operating System: Windows 11
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby FaggoStorm » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:22 am

How do I launch the pickle grenade? I have the key binded but I still can't launch it. And I even used "give all".
FaggoStorm

Postby Accensus » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:12 pm

AFAIK, they moved the O.G.U.R. to the Reload attack of Shurricane.
Accensus

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods