[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Silentdarkness12

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.4

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Finder153 wrote:
Silentdarkness12 wrote:The MP40 is seriously underpowered. Even if you have two. I don't have anything to do a direct comparison to, but i'm faaaaairly certain the Wolgir quickly outpaces both in bullet spitting and actual damage output.

In fact, the MP40 is really just an upgrade to the starting pistol.....
It doesn't upgrade the pistol, you can just press 2 while holding it to switch to your pistol.
Oh yes, how obvious.....

Yes, you COULD go back to the pistol. But the thing is, once you have 2 MP40s, i've found zero reasons to use the pistols. So it's not LITERALLY an upgrade, but it may as well be.
somerandomdoodlmao

Post by somerandomdoodlmao »

I think I might have found a small glitch (I literally made an account just to comment about this), when I use Russian Overkill on ZDL, I cant freelook, crouch, or jump, help?
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Check gameplay and mouse controls. Check that they're not disabled.
Grey Rook

Post by Grey Rook »

I wonder, would it be possible for me to request the addition of either a Demonsteele-esque flashlight or a Guncaster-style night vision mode to the next version? Because, honestly, having to use up valuable ammunition for guns I may not even have to find my way through a dark cave or blacked out warehouse is somewhat annoying, though I will admit that it is ultimately a minor concern.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

openGL preferences -> ambient light level. turn it up.
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

Does anyone have a link to a version of GZDoom Beta I can use? Anytime I use Vindicator's Tertiary Fire or Gopnek's Right selection, the game soft crashes and the console it says "VM Execution Aborted: Tried to read from Address Zero."

The only mods I have running are RO 2.4, KetchupV5, Dark Tartarus V map collection (First in load order), and the standard GZDoom PK3s, using the Doom2 wad.

http://dumpt.com/img/files/zlvd0xrmpp5xqkq3av2t.png

I have a feeling it's the gzdoom.pk3/zscript/hexen/blastradius.txt file, but I don't have the slightest clue how to fix it. I tried the oldest beta they had (Like November 18th this year) but it still keeps having the same issue for both those weapons.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Did you try the official release? http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6854
chaoseclipse01

Post by chaoseclipse01 »

Rowsol wrote:Did you try the official release? http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6854
Alright, that works for me perfectly now, I'm able to use Vindicator's Sanctuary and Gopnik's Right Selection now perfectly, and best of all it's for 64-bit OS. Thank you.
Gamzam

Post by Gamzam »

chaoseclipse01 wrote:Does anyone have a link to a version of GZDoom Beta I can use? Anytime I use Vindicator's Tertiary Fire or Gopnek's Right selection, the game soft crashes and the console it says "VM Execution Aborted: Tried to read from Address Zero."

The only mods I have running are RO 2.4, KetchupV5, Dark Tartarus V map collection (First in load order), and the standard GZDoom PK3s, using the Doom2 wad.

http://dumpt.com/img/files/zlvd0xrmpp5xqkq3av2t.png

I have a feeling it's the gzdoom.pk3/zscript/hexen/blastradius.txt file, but I don't have the slightest clue how to fix it. I tried the oldest beta they had (Like November 18th this year) but it still keeps having the same issue for both those weapons.
A bit unrelated to your actual question, but go to SGT Mark's channel and check out his 'Brutal Doom Monsters Only' thing. It has the most recent gore effects, and is generally much, much more stable than any of the previous "Ketchup" mods.
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

but where is avtomat kalashnikov model of 1947?
unless I'm missing something, i can't call this a proper Communist Party approved video game modification package without including it

that aside, this is the best solution to MAP09 of TNT on Nightmare.
doomguy214

Post by doomguy214 »

I get following error while running ro with latest dark doom DMGMOD1.12b30a_addon137c in z doom latest:-
R_InstallSprite: Sprite CUBE frame N is missing rotations
from here
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48949&start=15

using z doom latest dev build
load order:-
RO_pb_2.4.pk3
DMGMOD1.1b30
DMGMOD1.37-addon

from here:-
http://www.moddb.com/groups/doomdb/addo ... -doom-v112

works with other weapon mod but not russian overkill
hmm. ever tried editing every sprite named cube with last 0
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

doomguy214 wrote:I get following error while running ro with latest dark doom DMGMOD1.12b30a_addon137c in z doom latest:-
R_InstallSprite: Sprite CUBE frame N is missing rotations
from here
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48949&start=15

using z doom latest dev build
load order:-
RO_pb_2.4.pk3
DMGMOD1.1b30
DMGMOD1.37-addon

from here:-
http://www.moddb.com/groups/doomdb/addo ... -doom-v112

works with other weapon mod but not russian overkill
hmm. ever tried editing every sprite named cube with last 0
I think the mods you loaded may be conflicting with each other.
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

hey pillow, I was thinking... why not make a reference to Laika?
laika1.png
laika1.png (17.36 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Since not sure it's going to be updated again, i'd like to see this beauty in addon or some kind!
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

Captain J wrote:Since not sure it's going to be updated again, i'd like to see this beauty in addon or some kind!
well, in fact I was thinking an addon, with lot of new weapons and a fourth character. I frankenized some sprites (a pair of those is your work, I admit), but I suck with programs such Slade.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”