[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
PillowBlaster

Re: [WIP] Russian Overkill - Public beta 1 released

Post by PillowBlaster »

DoomRater wrote:I've coded some charging weapons in my day and I make em tic responsive- just ask LizardCommando. It involves a lot of internal counters to keep track of frame delay and which frame to display but it is tic sensitive.
Nah, I already got it handled. But thanks for offering help. :P
Viscra Maelstrom wrote: Best weapon mod I have ever played.

I have to ask, though, what does charging up the laser do? It doesn't seem to do anything for me. Just tapping the button will do the same thing as charging it up.
It vastly increases damage; can't be noticed on lower difficulties and minor monsters. You can notice more particles on higher charge.
ETTiNGRiNDER wrote:So, after trying it out for a little bit (I've by no means seen everything) here are my initial thoughts...

- It'd be nice if there were new gibbing FX; I understand if it's not within the scope of the mod but hitting something with a NUKE and having it more or less stay in one piece as it dies feels kind of disappointing, even if it does one-shot a cyberdemon.
- The Mopanku is now among my favorite weapons. :wub: Makes me wish for a good mech warfare mod...
- I like how you implemented the flail. A lot better than what I tried to DECORATE for that graphic.

(Edit: cut a couple things that were mentioned in the first post but not the text file)
- I never had any skill in making gibs, and it's hard time to find something which would fit. (And performance of my mod would propably be really sluggish, when gibbed with some gore mod 200+ monsters at the same time.)
- Glad you like it!
- I could make it way more complex, like adding combos which we can see in Zen Dynamics, but I thought people would rather fight way simpler in such mod, so I just turned it into less complex to be easier to use. (And it saved me some work.)
SamVision wrote:Some of the weapons need to faster to fire. The melee weapons mostly.
Nah, they are fine for me as they already are, melee is already fast enough. If it is that problematic, I'll do something about it. If not, I'll let it stay as it is.
Snarboo wrote:I just noticed that a lot of the weapons from the trailer didn't make it in. Is that because this is a beta release or were they cut for some reason?
Something like that. Those weapons are from already mentioned "Additional Packs", which can be used in conjunction with regular Overkill, replacing a bunch of weapons. Some of them were uncategorized, and I showed 'em to spice up the trailers. I dunno if I will release them, since large portion of them isn't as imaginative and original as the ones in main pack. So I will just have to think over with it.

And I can't release some of the guns without proper permissions (even if I actually did it already, but these really require a one, since they are too awesome to not to ask for a one). I could make a video of them, though. You will get what I mean when you will see it.
Bouncy wrote:I've managed to make some of the most bizarre visuals ever seen in doom thanks to using the Yamato Cannon and another mod.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238714/MadnessShots.7z
Spoiler:
See for yourself. :p
Niiiiiceee. My laptop would choke on that, and then crash, mildly spectacularly. :lol:

Oh, and yesterday I had played it in multiplayer with Icy and Keksdose; It was quite funny, but lags killed all the joy. I can now only assure you that it is possible, but I am not into making fully working multi now. :P
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Ethril wrote:
Bouncy wrote:*image*
Is that... Is that nuts3?
Awesome.

edit: GOOD GOD, IS THAT NUTS3 WITH 10XMONSTERS? ARE YOU INSANE!?
25x, actually, thanks to Kate's Error: Doom. :p
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

Heh, I modified the 10x mod once to upgrade to 25x. Too bad I lost it.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Bouncy wrote:
Ethril wrote:
Bouncy wrote:*image*
Is that... Is that nuts3?
Awesome.

edit: GOOD GOD, IS THAT NUTS3 WITH 10XMONSTERS? ARE YOU INSANE!?
25x, actually, thanks to Kate's Error: Doom. :p
25x? Is your computer from NASA or something? :lol:

Also, I believe the Caber has a small glitch that sometimes makes the character get stuck in the spot when you use the alt-fire.
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

Nah, I just tolerated the lag. :p

oh, also, this mod is awesome and I fully support it. I want to see more. :p
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Magban724 wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote: Best weapon mod I have ever played.

I have to ask, though, what does charging up the laser do? It doesn't seem to do anything for me. Just tapping the button will do the same thing as charging it up.
It vastly increases damage; can't be noticed on lower difficulties and minor monsters. You can notice more particles on higher charge.
Really? I don't really see a difference between charging up and not; it still uses the same amount of ammo, for example.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Bouncy wrote:Nah, I just tolerated the lag. :p

oh, also, this mod is awesome and I fully support it. I want to see more. :p
Did Kate do some magic delagging work on it? I just tried 10x + nuts3.wad on my computer and I was getting ~1 frame a minute and my computer is pretty recent and beefy.
BouncyTEM

Post by BouncyTEM »

My computer's *extremely* beefy but even then, with notarget and freeze mode, I was lucky to get any sort of framerate. Again, I did *tolerate the lag*.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:Really? I don't really see a difference between charging up and not; it still uses the same amount of ammo, for example.
It technically racks up projectile power without further increasing ammo usage; you can test it for yourself. Take "Red Oktoberfest" difficulty and try to kill with non-powered shots a baron. It takes like 11-12 shots to kill him. Then try out shooting him with fully powered shot - it takes 4 shots to take him down.
Malv Zombie

Post by Malv Zombie »

In Soviet Russia the Cacoward get this mod.

Really nice, specially if you want finish Sunder again and you dont want save ammo or get on cover everytime
stinkustink

Post by stinkustink »

Noticed a bug with the Pushka - if the alt-fire hits a skybox, you won't be able to use it again.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Hey bouncy.
I hope you don't mind
:D :D :D
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

Man i haven't played a mod no longer than an hour since aeod loved this baby to vey bit of detail especially the melee its fun sawing through a large mass of enemies(especially playing deus vault 2) going ATATATATATATATATATA :rock: made me chuckle for hours :D

hate to say this but the one thing that did get boring was all the explosive weapons. i can understand the madness and shear chaos of a thousand explosions launching enemies everywhere but i would like to see at least some more chaotic bullet and energy weapons as well to add to the mix :D also is the obelisk going to get nerfed it feels alittle bit weak imo
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

hammer oz wrote:is the obelisk going to get nerfed it feels alittle bit weak imo
You want to nerf (as in reduce the effectiveness of) a weak weapon? :P
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

ChronoSeth wrote:
hammer oz wrote:is the obelisk going to get nerfed it feels alittle bit weak imo
You want to nerf (as in reduce the effectiveness of) a weak weapon? :P
meant as in making it abit more powerful. :instagib:

off topic. I dont understand the full meaning of the word nerf :oops: does it only means to make weapons less powerful or cant it mean both making either less powerful or more powerful?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”