[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0a, Reprise

Post by wildweasel »

Itschristian wrote:i am using GZDoom 3.8.2
Well, there's your problem; GZDoom is currently at version 4.3.3.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'm not sure if this has been reported before, but for some reason, if I have all 3 of my Warpocalypse tanks deployed and I activate the recall item, GZDoom crashes. Not a VM Execution Abortion, but an actual crash. I'm using GZDoom x64 version 4.3.3.

Edit: Ok, this seems to happen if I have any of my Warpocalypse tanks deployed... which is strange, considering it worked perfectly before, even with three tanks deployed.

WTF happened?

Edit 2: IT WORKS PERFECTLY NOW... I'm so confused (or is it the vodka?)...

Edit 3: And now it's back.
CrashReport.zip
(45.66 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Edit 4: Borsch does not seem to take recoil multipliers into account, as it still gives vertical kickback even if the multiplier is set to 0. Also, slight suggestion... could you make it so that the Borsch's attacks use the RTF_THRUSTZ flag in their calls to A_RadiusThrust so that they can pull in flying monsters for damage?

Edit 5: The Tepesch's alt-fire function costs 40 bullets, but it only gives 30 casings to your casing pool. Is it supposed to give 40 casings or cost 30 bullets? Also, why is it that whenever a key is picked up, it shows up twice where the keys are displayed?
GREENWOLF1337

Post by GREENWOLF1337 »

so I've learned how to summon the upgrade boxes, but since there are four kinds of them, I just have to keep summoning them until I get all 4 variants. this leads to me getting a crap ton of duplicates, and I really don't want to leave a whole bunch of items sitting around. is there a way I can specify what kind of upgrade box I want? like, could I specify that I want a shell upgrade box and only summon those?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Yeah, you just type in the class name of the actual actor itself, and not the actor which those boxes replace (which would be Berserk). You can open it up in SLADE3 for easiest access.

I took the liberty of fetching the class names for you, since you seem to be a bit new to this...
Bullets: CaliberUpgrade
Shells: QuadUpgrade
Explosives: NukerUpgrade
Secondary Basic Weapon: BasicUpgrade
GREENWOLF1337

Post by GREENWOLF1337 »

when I summon the upgrade boxes (shells, junk, bullets, caliber, etc.), I always get a bunch of duplicates before getting each variant and fully upgrading my arsenal. is there a way I could specify what variant I wanted to spawn?
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

GREENWOLF1337 wrote:when I summon the upgrade boxes (shells, junk, bullets, caliber, etc.), I always get a bunch of duplicates before getting each variant and fully upgrading my arsenal. is there a way I could specify what variant I wanted to spawn?
Just use "give ###Upgrade" command to give yourself the one you want.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Feels like you really have to use the console command. I'd recommend to make some kind of addon where the spawner gives something you don't have instead? I understand the frustration of having something special that you already have, so.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Greenwolf, I posted the classnames of those items, in response to you. Did you not read what I posted there?

Speaking of which... PillowBlaster, I would recommend adding a call to CallSpecial in those items Touch override. This way, any specials that would execute from you picking up what was originally supposed to be an always-picked-up item will still execute even if you don't wind up picking it up. A surprising number of maps use that trick, binding a special to an item that's supposed to get picked up.

Another thing... I think the problem I mentioned before about the Warpocalypse tanks crashing GZDoom upon recall may have to do with the fact that the item attempts to take itself away from the player's inventory upon consumption. I believe this redundancy, especially in a 0-tic state, would likely cause GZDoom to choke like it did... especially since it'd be removed from the player's inventory upon being used, since its Use state sequence ends with Stop.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I'm not sure if I did something and didn't realize while playing with Sunder on Stalin is After You difficulty, but at some point the monsters just completely stopped noticing me, even when I am standing right infront of them and firing all my fireworks away.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

making use of other authors' content without at least giving due credit is not cool
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Logan MTM wrote:making use of other authors' content without at least giving due credit is not cool
Would you care to elaborate?
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Am i wrong?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Logan MTM wrote:Am i wrong?
What are you talking about?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Logan MTM wrote:Am i wrong?
I have no idea if you're wrong or not because you haven't explained what's going on.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Yes, taking others' resource without the permission or crediting the author is very bad and shouldn't be continued. But why we start this topic all of a sudden? Did someone blatantly steal the whole mod or somethin'?

Like Brutal Doom?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”