[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [WIP] Russian Overkill - Birthday Special!

Post by Jimmy »

Magban724 wrote:

Just to show it works now with Heretic!
I WANT THIS.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Magban724 wrote:

TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

*insert image macro of joy here*
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Magban724 wrote:

:surprise:

……………………

I MUST HAVE THIS. NOUGH!!
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

The only thing I wish out of this project is that I don't hear Havoc's trademark one-liners for every kill or weapon-recycle.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Then you have nothing to worry, since I use 'em only in trailers. Anyway, I'm also working on Strife-patch, it's pretty much done, but I think I messed up something with strife itself, since it makes my computer go bluescreen. :P
FDARI

Post by FDARI »

You managed to make zdoom send your computer to bluescreen? If you're working with an otherwise stable and healthy computer that's impressive and scary. Is there any pattern to it, and exactly what version of zdoom are you running? (OS and service pack level is also interesting, of course.)

There are many ways to crash zdoom, but I have yet to see modder-logic cause anything worse than an infinite loop or a null-pointer exception, which will normally terminate the program without harming the computer.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Project Dark Fox wrote:The only thing I wish out of this project is that I don't hear Havoc's trademark one-liners for every kill or weapon-recycle.
That's the generic commando, not Havoc. :P
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

That's the generic commando, not Havoc. :P
Yep!

Also:
FDARI wrote:You managed to make zdoom send your computer to bluescreen? If you're working with an otherwise stable and healthy computer that's impressive and scary. Is there any pattern to it, and exactly what version of zdoom are you running? (OS and service pack level is also interesting, of course.)

There are many ways to crash zdoom, but I have yet to see modder-logic cause anything worse than an infinite loop or a null-pointer exception, which will normally terminate the program without harming the computer.
Well, I've just did some tests. Earlier it was going alright, even with or without the mod. Then suddenly it started. I noticed that game plays normal if I do not add the voices for npcs. Looks like the voices.wad causes this problem, since when I use strife iwad only, it loads without any problems. But when I add voices - the screen goes black and normal, black and normal few times, and then boom goes the bluescreen.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Magban724 wrote:Well, I've just did some tests. Earlier it was going alright, even with or without the mod. Then suddenly it started. I noticed that game plays normal if I do not add the voices for npcs. Looks like the voices.wad causes this problem, since when I use strife iwad only, it loads without any problems. But when I add voices - the screen goes black and normal, black and normal few times, and then boom goes the bluescreen.
A friend of mine had a similar problem once... is there a difference between ZDoom and GZDoom?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Magban724 wrote:Well, I've just did some tests. Earlier it was going alright, even with or without the mod. Then suddenly it started. I noticed that game plays normal if I do not add the voices for npcs. Looks like the voices.wad causes this problem, since when I use strife iwad only, it loads without any problems. But when I add voices - the screen goes black and normal, black and normal few times, and then boom goes the bluescreen.
Have you checked to see if you might have bad RAM or a dying video card?
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

I've had an issue similar to this on my old laptop. Turns out the cause for my BSoDs were that I needed to update my graphics driver. Maybe you should try this and see if that solves the problem.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Well, I bet it's not my computer. I have Intel Quad, Gainward 250GTS (1024mb graph card) and win7 32-bit. Just installed strife again, and works allright. As I suspected, I messed up something in voices.wad someday, propably when I had that crash when I was playing strife. :lol:
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Magban724 wrote:Well, I bet it's not my computer. I have Intel Quad, Gainward 250GTS (1024mb graph card) and win7 32-bit.
That doesn't matter if drivers are screwy and/or one of the components are going faulty.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”