[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
BucketHoodie

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0a, Reprise

Post by BucketHoodie »

Hey Im having trouble loading RO into gzdoom as it gives me an error that it cant load or is missing a decorate file. I even reinstalled RO and installed the latest version of GZdoom. Reply Any time. But ASAP is preferred by Motherland comrade.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

chaoseclipse01 wrote:Is there any way to set it up to where using weapon next/previous will also back you out of Forkgod? I was about to post saying trying to switch weapons still wasn't working for me until I decided to go back one last time and try using the 1-0 keys to switch weapons to find out that's how its done lol.
I am more surprised that doesn't work from get-go, but I have an idea why... sigh. Will fix for next time.
Rowsol wrote:SchwarzerZwerg altfire and Borsch don't respect recoil settings.
I'm pretty sure I left that alt-fire out on purpose due to its nature, but I guess if it covers all, it should cover all... I'll think about it. The Borsch however wasn't intended.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

BucketHoodie wrote:Hey Im having trouble loading RO into gzdoom as it gives me an error that it cant load or is missing a decorate file. I even reinstalled RO and installed the latest version of GZdoom. Reply Any time. But ASAP is preferred by Motherland comrade.
What is the exact text of the error?
rittaikidou

Post by rittaikidou »

Good day! Quad shell upgrade doesn`t seem to be affecting Alosha`s invisible shotgun/lever action rifle. Also I can`t hear the quad damage sound effect when firing the Leviathan unzoomed when the Quad shell upgrade is present. This happens when you have a single Leviathan and also when you dual wield it as long as you fire without zooming in.

Post by 789. »

PillowBlaster wrote:
789. wrote:hi, idk if i found a bug , but in the cheaty menu whatever value u put in deathnukes (toggles going out with a superweapon blast(the description)) dont change if u will die for superweapons shots, if this is not a bug ,can some1 explain me what this deathnukes cheat do ? thanks for the attention :D

edit: and this doesnt affect the orb that dont allow super weapons do damage to u
I am not sure if I understand your inclinations, but deathnukes option makes you explode with a superweapon blast when you die like in old RO versions, no more, no less. It will not make you immune from superweapons. They are not affected by amplifiers either.
hi, thanks for the answer , for some reason this cheat isnt working on yuri death, only works if u get gibbed , but in the other two class works on every type of death , is this intentional ?
Hammer7

Post by Hammer7 »

Speaking of superweapons.
Already mentioned Vindicator is a guaranteed 2 fps machine on both primary and alt-fire.
Gurumaster and Borsch have their alt-fire give a very nasty framedrop when explosion frame kicks in.
Hindenburg Two is currently a gzdoom killer. Tried it a bunch of times and it tanks the fps so much the game freezes for a solid 35+ seconds.

Meanwhile Death Head launcher, Yamato and Planet Cracker have zero issues.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

This bug has been in for a while, but trying to fire the Forkstorm at point blank range with a monster will sometimes result in nothing happening, except for the cooldown still occurring.
rittaikidou

Post by rittaikidou »

Hello again! Although this might be more of a nitpick than an actual bug, when firing the Antonov, the sprite jumps up a little. This happens at a resolution 1920x1080 when using primary fire and also when deploying the shield wall and dispensing a health tank.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Another thing! The Mutilator in its Master Exploder mode still causes smoke even when the 'Smoke Choker' option is enabled.
mroldschoolfpsgames

Post by mroldschoolfpsgames »

RO is extremely fun with OBLIGE maps that have the 'extreme' enemies cranked up to max... I swear I have at least 500 Hell Knights per level - it's completely swamped with them - RO weapons still annihilate them. :lol:
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Jettan would be proud.
mpcomp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by mpcomp »

Greetings

Just discovered a bug . Am not sure if someone else encountered it but its reproducible.

Whenever I use ramjet to pickup items my gzdoom crashes to desktop whenever it comes into contact/picks up a backpack.

I have tested the behavior with and without backpack cheat option and I have tested it on 2-3 different map packs (vanilla , going down , Whisper of Satan)

To reproduce:

Enable ramjet pickup option in cheaty menu
in any map summon backpack and remotely bring ramjet to pick up the backpack
gzdoom will feeze on/after backpack pickup sound.

My GZDoom version is as of this writing v4.3.3 on a windows machine.

Regards
mpcomp
axredneck
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

Your "Russian" names of weapons are not exactly Russian. I suggest "more Russian" names as i'm Russian:
Tranclucator (some kind of sniper rifle or laser gun) (yes, it's actual Russian word)
Kuzya's Mommy, or Kuzka's Mommy, or even Kuzya's Granny (nuclear weapon, most powerful in the mod)
Pesets, or Polar Fox, or even Kalashnikov's Polar Fox (can be any)
Kirdyk(can be any)
Brungilda Kondratyevna (can be any)
Starichok (toxic gas)
Podberyozovik (nuclear weapon too)
Nezabudka (can be any)
Katyusha (some kind of automatic rocket launcher)
CaCashnikov, or KaKashnikov (can be translated as "shitgun" from Russian, can be toxic gas too)
Topol-Ы, or Topol-Ё (rocket launcher, can be nuclear)
Palochka-Ubivalochka (your baseball bat)

I also suggest you to rename "Gopnik". Do you know what this word means?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

axredneck wrote:Your "Russian" names of weapons are not exactly Russian. I suggest "more Russian" names as i'm Russian:
Tranclucator (some kind of sniper rifle or laser gun) (yes, it's actual Russian word)
Kuzya's Mommy, or Kuzka's Mommy, or even Kuzya's Granny (nuclear weapon, most powerful in the mod)
Pesets, or Polar Fox, or even Kalashnikov's Polar Fox (can be any)
Kirdyk(can be any)
Brungilda Kondratyevna (can be any)
Starichok (toxic gas)
Podberyozovik (nuclear weapon too)
Nezabudka (can be any)
Katyusha (some kind of automatic rocket launcher)
CaCashnikov, or KaKashnikov (can be translated as "shitgun" from Russian, can be toxic gas too)
Topol-Ы, or Topol-Ё (rocket launcher, can be nuclear)
Palochka-Ubivalochka (your baseball bat)

I also suggest you to rename "Gopnik". Do you know what this word means?
I ain't renaming anything, but thanks for suggestions. I even had Katyusha among the gun roster at some point. And yeah, I do know the meaning of Gopnik and who they are.
axredneck
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

Also about "Petrovec": did you mean "Petrovich" ?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”