[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0a, Reprise

Post by PillowBlaster »

Logan MTM wrote:making use of other authors' content without at least giving due credit is not cool
If I didn't accredit something, my apologies there. I need to know what in question though to either give one or replace it altogether. I can't read someone's mind like that.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

If we are actually talking about that Interceptor Entertainment(now Slipgate Studios)'s early-resource incident, i think the case is already closed whopping 8 years ago. Pillow gave them a sincere apology plus complimented their work.

If it's something new, please give us the clear evidence. This is an unnecessary charge against someone who's been very influential to the doom modding community.

EDIT: I also just found out that you made Legacy of Suffering, Logan. I really like the mod and i think you did an excellent job! I apologize if i went too harshly, but everyone's point still stand: would be nice if you could elaborate and explain with extra details first if you want to claim the credit. People might get confused so easily.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Captain J wrote:If we are actually talking about that Interceptor Entertainment(now Slipgate Studios)'s early-resource incident, i think the case is already closed whopping 8 years ago. Pillow gave them a sincere apology plus complimented their work.

If it's something new, please give us the clear evidence. This is an unnecessary charge against someone who's been very influential to the doom modding community.
Eh, I don't think he means that, J. Being influential or whatever doesn't absolve me from responsibility though, so let me handle my own mistakes here.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Pillowblaster
I am pretty sure that i'm not "charging" noboby here.
I think you could fix your credits if you want it.
Just 11 years ago i release a mod with keksdose tourches. Im sure he liked the kind of credits i gave to hin.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Logan MTM wrote:Pillowblaster
I am pretty sure that i'm not "charging" noboby here.
I think you could fix your credits if you want it.
Just 11 years ago i release a mod with keksdose tourches. Im sure he liked the kind of credits i gave to hin.
Mate, that charging bit is what J said, not me. I genuinely don't remember who made what, especially if it's just a vague mention and it isn't in the list, so I am kindly asking if you could point me at what's your work there, so I can give proper credit or remove it.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Your quadshotgun sprites is the original Cannon Shotgun from Legacy of Suffering that was done from scratch pixel by pixel. A lot of plasmarifle effects came from the same pk3 file called "LOS.pk3"
Don't worry dude. I am not mad just sad
This is my way. I really don't care how many years ago something was made or who did. Wrong is wrong.

And nice mod btw 8-)
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Logan MTM wrote:Your quadshotgun sprites is the original Cannon Shotgun from Legacy of Suffering that was done from scratch pixel by pixel. A lot of plasmarifle effects came from tge same pk3 file called "LOS.pk3"
Don't worry dude. I am not mad just sad
This is my way. I really don't care how many years ago something was made or who did. Wrong is wrong.

And nice mod btw 8-)
Aye, and that's all I wanted to hear. Remember, I am not omniscient and I can't tell from just saying something's wrong without telling what's exactly wrong - but, I am a kind of lad who would rather fix things, rather than dig his head into sand and pretend nothing happened when facing stuff like this. I also needed some reminder cause I am currently at work now and can't even look into files, so I needed some clues.

Now that you got my memo jogging - quadshotgun, won't hide, was modelled after yours, but it's angled, done from scratch too by Cage. I'll give you cred for reference there as promised. As of those plasma effects - just point me directly via PM cause I genuinely couldn't tell, especially if it was quite a few years back. Some of those were doom 3 effects, as something in my memory clicks as I even did a deepdive into its files to confirm it. Maybe your own work got mixed up there cause it looked similar enough, so can give yourself a pat on the back for accuracy.
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Logan MTM wrote:Just 11 years ago i release a mod with keksdose tourches. Im sure he liked the kind of credits i gave to hin.
I don't remember I had work in any of your mods, but thanks! I'm also very well-credited in Russian Overkill from 10 years ago (you had to be there for it), or pillow's other two flagships. In fact, if you take a gander at any of their front pages, any update that I worked on hard, or the in game credits, you'll find my dear friend shouting especially me out.

It doesn't even stop there, as the entire main crew, legacy crew and their works are shared, along with a link to the readme detailing a list of other contributors, however minor. Actor defs tend to contain pretty comprehensive asset lists, too, even encouraging readers to tell him about assets he doesn't remember about.

You can tell he takes this very seriously. You stressing the point pillow forgot crediting whatever without even saying what it is for 3 posts is dubious, but choosing me of all people as an example takes gall, maybe even gambling spirit.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

I am a big fan of your job KeksDose since 2009.
I am really happy that you both pay attention to my post.
Anyway, still a bad thing findout something I did was used without deserved credit. That's all
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Logan MTM wrote:I am a big fan of your job KeksDose since 2009.
I am really happy that you both pay attention to my post.
Anyway, still a bad thing findout something I did was used without deserved credit. That's all
And there's no denying that. Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT: I am happy to say things were handled with due respect and the situation is alleviated. Will try to get an update out sometime soon too!
PillowBlaster

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0b

Post by PillowBlaster »

It's that time of the year again I update the things for birthday! No new content, just bugfixes and tweaks (and in this case, also alleviating credits issue).

download hier
Spoiler: changelog
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

It seems Warpoc Remover not working now, trying to use it but nothing happens.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

NovaRain wrote:It seems Warpoc Remover not working now, trying to use it but nothing happens.
...Aha. Now I remember why I had put TakeInventory there. Well, fixed and updated the file for now.
Itschristian

Re: [WIP] Russian Overkill

Post by Itschristian »

Shadelight wrote:Why is it called Russian Overkill?
This mod is pure Overkill combine with Russian stuff,with sacrificing your fps to oblivion.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Russian Overkill

Post by wildweasel »

Itschristian wrote:
Shadelight wrote:Why is it called Russian Overkill?
This mod is pure Overkill combine with Russian stuff,with sacrificing your fps to oblivion.
You appear to be quote-replying to a message from page 1 - in other words, from 9 years ago.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”