[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Valken

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.5, Vodka Strikes Aga

Post by Valken »

That deathshead cam cannot come faster enough! I still play ROK with any new map coming out nowdays. Looking forward to it when its ready.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Captain J wrote:However, mind if i suggest something?; It's about Yamato Cannon. It looks still small and underwhelming than other Slot 8 Superweapons. Sounds crazy, but i expect you can replace or improve it bigger!
Sorry J, but not gonna happen - I grew kinda nostalgic with this one, and I already poured a good chunk of work on making it look decent again. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless~
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Some recommendations for ya:

Not to be a buzzkill, but not everyone likes being screamed at. Maybe a toggle for the MP3 playing during ExtremeSphere's power?

You should Make Stalin fireable in dumb mode. Maybe even make an option for the Deathhead's secondary to show a small camera rather than take up the whole screen? I know that's unhinged from the source material, but A UT mod called Unreal 4 Ever had a weapon with a similar function so idk.

A chance for the Comrade to play "STOP!" when time is frozen, and "Hammer Time!" once time resumes.

A chance for a Vinesauce Vinny clip to play when HOMING BOOLETS is activated.

An option to destroy Stachanov obelisks at will.

One that should probably be addressed: Being able to return multiple Warpocalypse Tanks. Last time I had multiple Tanks, I could only return one and I had one following me for the rest of the map... Not that it was really an issue.

And lastly, the Union could use a small buff.

That's all I got for now. Glad to hear you're still looking back at this! Can't wait for you new works!
Geonightman

Post by Geonightman »

UTNerd24 wrote:Some recommendations for ya:

You should Make Stalin fireable in dumb mode. Maybe even make an option for the Deathhead's secondary to show a small camera rather than take up the whole screen? I know that's unhinged from the source material, but A UT mod called Unreal 4 Ever had a weapon with a similar function so idk.
Actually, it was mentioned a while back the Deathhead's bugged. When a Stalin is active, it flips the fire mode. To fire the Stalin in Dumb Mode you just switch to Guided. This is known and is being worked on.
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

Just a suggestion, Could the Stanchnov and Union be buffed to be has punchy as all the other weapons, Stanchov feels kinda weak when compared to the channeler and the insta' funeral and the Union feels a bit too bog standard assault rifle with extra punch thrown in, maybe replace its burst fire.

EDIT: and the flare gun to be useful as the other pistols that the classes have
Wisecrack34

Post by Wisecrack34 »

Any way I can find an old version that runs on GZ 3.1? Trying out the old GZDOOM mobile app and wanna try it out with this absolute blast of a mod
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Wisecrack34 wrote:Any way I can find an old version that runs on GZ 3.1? Trying out the old GZDOOM mobile app and wanna try it out with this absolute blast of a mod
Get Delta Touch instead; their version of GZDoom is 3.6 and should run the mod fine (you'll probably want to turn off some mod effects though).
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

This is why Earth-Chan dont like this. Other players destroying the whole world like some Nuke Weapons especially Chillax and SF2012, many peoples in the map (or battlefield) are killed with no responsibility to them.

1 Like = 1 Support from Demons Family
Tetsuryu

Post by Tetsuryu »

Yes, I did notice that even disabling friendly fire did not save your comrades in coop mode from certain weapons.

Granted, you wouldn't even have it enabled with a mod like this unless you're a sucker for punishment, but I digress.

By the way, why was the drone from 2.4 removed?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

That's fixed in 3.0, which will come... sometime. I still have something going for GC now.

And drone was removed cause it wasn't that useful, kept getting in the way, and its active sound was drilling into my skullcasen. The warpocalypse tank is a superior replacement.
685eric685

Post by 685eric685 »

I don't know how to install the beta so I can play the game!
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

The advice in the first post is just a teensy bit outdated. Russian Overkill works fine with the latest release of GZDoom!
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

The Warpocalypse aiming is inverted on 3.7.2. If it aims at a flying enemy it shoots at the ground instead. I noticed this bug mentioned in the patch notes of the latest Pandemonia update, the AI aiming at the ground I mean.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

Rowsol wrote:The Warpocalypse aiming is inverted on 3.7.2. If it aims at a flying enemy it shoots at the ground instead. I noticed this bug mentioned in the patch notes of the latest Pandemonia update, the AI aiming at the ground I mean.
the "inverted pitch on monsters" is fixed on devbuilds and (according to what i've heard) will be included in the next gzd version
Panzermann11
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

I'd like to point out a few stuff regarding the credits in Decorate files though...

Rasputin's sprite was from jstanf35's DN3D mod Imagination World, which originated from an old TFC skin for the Grenade Launcher.

Petrovec's altfire sound came from Battlefield 2142's railgun but high pitched.
I went underthrough using BF2142 sounds for my personal TF2 mod and I noticed that when I was done having railgun sounds for the Machina, I recongized the railgun sound when I use altfire on Petrovec.
Last edited by Panzermann11 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”