[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ribo Zurai

Re: [WIP] Russian Overkill - Time for crazed occult

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Magban724 wrote:
Ribo Zurai wrote:Will it be compatible with Skulltag? I wanna try it out with Rape Factor, which only works on Skulltag.
I checked how much should stuff in decorate I had to remove'n'tweak to make it work with skulltag and... after half an hour I gaved up. :blergh:
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!! Well, that sucks. Would be really exciting to try it out with RapeFactor at 100. Oh well, at least you tried and the release is getting close. :P
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Yeah, two alt-fire's to revamp, and I guess I'm finished... finally. Unless some another weird crash will occur.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Magban724 wrote:Yeah, two alt-fire's to revamp, and I guess I'm finished... finally. Unless some another weird crash will occur.
I just don't understand what's the difference between the engines. For example, what is required to change in a weapon to work both in ZDoom and Skulltag? And to make a mod work online, what's required? Never got that.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Skulltag is based on a very, very, very outdated version of ZDoom which lacks many features, both Decorate and otherwise, that more recent ZDoom sub-versions have.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

wildweasel wrote:Skulltag is based on a very, very, very outdated version of ZDoom which lacks many features, both Decorate and otherwise, that more recent ZDoom sub-versions have.
Exactly! It's not really about the engine, but about functions and flags. You see, I have for instance A_SetScale used for various projectiles - it increases or decreases sprite size, useful for making fancy explosions. I can of course get over with it, but there are far more important things like +SCREENSEEKER flag, which makes missiles seek target in your area of view, so you don't need to point with crosshair on it. Those things are not present in skulltag, but in gzdoom they are.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Skulltag is older than ZDoom? That's something new to me, the huge maps like the ones from Sunder or Chillax runs so much faster on Skulltag then GZDoom/ZDoom, even with the high quality looking lighting.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

For me it runs the same, or is it only me? Well, I stick with gzdoom anyway.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Magban724 wrote:For me it runs the same, or is it only me? Well, I stick with gzdoom anyway.
Oh wait, you're right. Just checked "The Hags Finger" on GZDoom, and it's almost lagless. So yeah, I will stick with GZDoom then. :P
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

hey if you can can you make russianFPS as the main character sprite? :D
if you don't know him then here.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

danyudanyu0821 wrote:hey if you can can you make russianFPS as the main character sprite? :D
Are you offering to draw all the sprites?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

wildweasel wrote:
danyudanyu0821 wrote:hey if you can can you make russianFPS as the main character sprite? :D
Interesting, since I first time see that guy, and he's quite inspiring. Thanks for the link. :P
And yeah, if you provide sprites, then... maybe. But not as a main character, as an additional, more affordable.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Ribo Zurai wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!! Well, that sucks. Would be really exciting to try it out with RapeFactor at 100. Oh well, at least you tried and the release is getting close. :P
Nothing stopping you from making a private copy and modifying it to be compatible, though how much you'll have to sacrifice is the question.
I just don't understand what's the difference between the engines. For example, what is required to change in a weapon to work both in ZDoom and Skulltag? And to make a mod work online, what's required? Never got that.
See, the thing to keep in mind is that Skulltag is a splinter project from ZDoom, including stable online play as an extra feature. So, it's constantly playing catch-up with the official versions of ZDoom/GZDoom. Depending on how fond you are of online play and playing with your friends, that may be a game-breaker as to which version you prefer. Since a lot of newly developed mods are toting more and more features that Skulltag just isn't supporting, that may also be a game-breaker.
It also usually means I find myself asking a lot of people if it would be okay to host modified versions of their mods online.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Ribo Zurai wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!! Well, that sucks. Would be really exciting to try it out with RapeFactor at 100. Oh well, at least you tried and the release is getting close. :P
Nothing stopping you from making a private copy and modifying it to be compatible, though how much you'll have to sacrifice is the question.
Actually it was simpler than I imagined. I asked the author of the WAD if it was possible to make it work there, and he replied that all I have to do is type on command "set RapeFactor #" and "archivecvar RapeFactor", and now it works both in GZDoom and ZDoom. :P

Now definitely looking forward Russian Overkill's release. :wink:
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Magban724 wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
Interesting, since I first time see that guy, and he's quite inspiring. Thanks for the link. :P
And yeah, if you provide sprites, then... maybe. But not as a main character, as an additional, more affordable.
i can try and i have an inspiration from a sprite of a zombie civilian with a jacket and a pistol.
The problem is i can't find it.
If you can find it then I can edit those sprites to make him.
this is just if you can and want to. :D
P.S. this will be my 1st sprite :|
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

While we're on the topic of multiplayer, would it work on GZDoom, should I decide to play it on multiplayer?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”