[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0d

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0, Overture Finale

Postby leodoom85 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:07 pm

To Darkrune, Retronutcase and the makers, I found out why the Leviathan have infinite ammo. Here goes the following:

- Having one shotty will have no issue, with both primary and secondary modes
- The issue comes when you have "akimbo mode". The trick is, when using the secondary mode to aim with the weapon and shoot in that moment, magically the weapon have infinite ammo.

I don't know why or how but just have it and....you just need that weapon.

EDIT: I found another possible...bug...??? (if it's intentional, then it's ok)
It's related to the berserker pack weapon. When pressing the quaternary fire button, a song is heard...right? Well, once to press again to go back to the normal track used on the map and, selecting another weapon with the mouse wheel or with the numeric keys, the song used with the QF (quaternary fire) is heard AGAIN....
Can be "fixed" with that shotgun that shoots a huge shell and spread a lot of mini shells...
leodoom85
Dodge this.....
Banned User

Discord: leodoom85#6202

Postby Tc_667 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:55 am

*Sees russian overkill
*Says 3.0 version

I´m dead, and i reached heaven
Tc_667

Discord: 8069
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby D3athStalker » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:10 am

Welp, time for me to play through the entirety of SF2012 again.

Btw does anyone know how to unleash the reload attack of Violator? The weapon turns on its laser pointer but can't really unleash the nova of shells as it's described on the first page.
D3athStalker
The Legendary Lazy Knight

Discord: D3athStalker#3538

Postby Gourry » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:21 am

Not sure if this has been mention but for some of the custom monster maps; some of the monsters turn into inventory items on 3.0. On the unhinged map, some of the monsters turned into sticky bombs. On the space wars map , some of the flying enemies turned into the hindenburg two beacon and the shitstorm device. Currently using gzdoom 4.3.3.
Gourry

Postby Alptraum » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:44 am

I also found a thing.
* When you get a keycard, the red one for instance, you get 2 keycards. Is that a feature or a bug?
Last edited by Alptraum on Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Beed28 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:59 am

Found an issue with the new Recoil Multiplier slider; the Leviathan's alt mode firing and Gorynch don't account for it. Even if you turn the slider all the way to 0.0 these two weapons still shift the view when firing.

EDIT: Just found out that if you fire the Channeler's alt fire directly downwards, it stays permanently:
Beed28
Making entire worlds bounce up and down.

Postby PillowBlaster » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:47 am

Beed28 wrote:Gonna report a few problems so far:

- Switching away from the Berseker Fist forces its music on instead of resuming the level theme.
- Instafuneral is still performance killing on certain Sunder maps.
- When classes mode is off, weapon drops from enemies are not treated as 'dropped', and as such will respawn if the items respawn cvar is enabled.
- When classes mode is enabled, the inverse happens; most weapons and certain ammo types that are map placed will be treated as 'dropped' and won't respawn.

- For some reason the music script functionality on that got... reversed, lol. Wonder when that happened, I must've been sleep-deficient or something?... Fixed.
-I am not sure how I can feasibly even attempt fixing that. It's just a FastProjectile with a sound and trail. Can't do much until I can determine what's the bottleneck there.
-Don't think I can do much about this the way class patch is set up; weapon drop/stay behavior and respawn options are aids to handle with everything else on top so I'd recommend just sticking with default settings in this regard.

Beed28 wrote:The Channeler's altfire probably shouldn't use teleporter linedefs:
Also, the class loadouts option doesn't seem to work in Heretic.
EDIT: Also, the Hotrod's smoke sprite is messed up in Heretic:

The first is intentional, the next two however are not. Fixed.

Mister Copper wrote:Hey, so this happened while I was playing Slaughterfest 2012:
shield kersploding vm abort.jpg

That admitedly is a big oversight on my part, but to be honest - it was a recent addition and when you play this thing for so damn long, you kinda stop getting hit with your own nukes so much.

D3athStalker wrote:Btw does anyone know how to unleash the reload attack of Violator? The weapon turns on its laser pointer but can't really unleash the nova of shells as it's described on the first page.

Missed retooling that bit in the OP - it got removed in favor of having a guiding button for the fire pillar, hold the reload to guide it around.

Alptraum wrote:1- When you get a keycard, the red one for instance, you get 2 keycards. Is that a feature or a bug?

Intentional. You get stock keys alongside custom RO ones because!... some maps are real funny with their locks/scripts and only respect default keys. It's a preventive measure for such case and it was around for a long while, but I made the key list lately display all keys to save myself headache of displaying the custom keys people add to their things and as a side effect, that made them both appear at once.

Gourry wrote:Not sure if this has been mention but for some of the custom monster maps; some of the monsters turn into inventory items on 3.0. On the unhinged map, some of the monsters turned into sticky bombs. On the space wars map , some of the flying enemies turned into the hindenburg two beacon and the shitstorm device. Currently using gzdoom 4.3.3.

I smell it's a possible map ID conflict. RO has its own map ID's for the title map weapon placement and what have you. Not much we can do about it cause if I'd change it to different set of numbers, something else would start conflicting with them.

Beed28 wrote:Found an issue with the new Recoil Multiplier slider; the Leviathan's alt mode firing and Gorynch don't account for it. Even if you turn the slider all the way to 0.0 these two weapons still shift the view when firing.

Fixed.

Beed28 wrote:EDIT: Just found out that if you fire the Channeler's alt fire directly downwards, it stays permanently:

A very old-timer and well-known bug, I fixed it in places like GC's flamewave; I found it funny and in the spirit of the mod, so I decided to leave it be here as a feature, reminding me of times I sticked bison shots in grates of TF2, lol~
PillowBlaster

Postby Beed28 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:22 am

PillowBlaster wrote:-I am not sure how I can feasibly even attempt fixing that. It's just a FastProjectile with a sound and trail. Can't do much until I can determine what's the bottleneck there.

After playing around, I found the cause! It's the three A_Explode calls in InstafunProjectile:
Code: Select allExpand view
A_Explode(25,128,0,1);

A_Explode(50,96,0,1);

A_Explode(75,48,0,1);

I removed the final '1' argument from the last two A_Explode calls (whist leaving the first A_Explode alone) and it runs like a charm.
Beed28

Postby NovaRain » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:32 am

Finally Erasus becomes more useful not a starter suicide tool anymore. Wish Union could have the same treatment but I guess its self-damaging is much tamer than old Erasus.
Also thanks for adding recoil control, now I can spam machine guns without my screen shaking like crazy. :D
NovaRain

Postby KeksDose » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:53 am

Spaceman333 wrote:lmao, just kick back at spawn and let a flying gun do all the work. :D
Solaela wrote:*looks at the bolded* ....as if I didn't have any MORE reason to stick this on something like Planisphere 2 and cut loose with it from the safety of the start room.... I mean I guess it doesn't pick up keys but that's what idkfa is for. lol

Hmhmhm do I have a surprise for you. d:

edit: There's now an option in the cheats menu that allows the ramjet to pick up certain items (keys, weapons, and ammo, but not powerups, armour or health).
Last edited by KeksDose on Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KeksDose
Praise Mima and the Moon

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0a, Reprise

Postby PillowBlaster » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:25 am

Hotfix, fresh off the press as it's still slightly on fire, for all dem bewgs and things we spotted or got reported in the meantime!

Spoiler: changelog

Press for the Apocalypse has begun.
PillowBlaster

Postby Beed28 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Woooo! The fixes are great so far! Cheers! :D
Beed28

Postby Alptraum » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Thanks for the fixes and amazing job with the new version :D
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Twitchy2019 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:05 am

Ok, so possible bug on the Beef Surpreme weapon. This weapon, when used on the third map of Eviternity, times out and gives some code. I will try to post this correctly if I can.

Sourceport used: LZDoom

Mods and Load Order: Interval Autosaver
Eviternity.wad
RO.pk3

Code: VM Execution aborted: Tried to read from address zero
Called from ROPlayer.Damagemobj at RO.pk3:zscript/player_class.txt
Called from Actor.A_Explode at LZDoom.pk3:zscript/actors/attacks.zs, line 601
Called from NukerPushkaExploder.statefunction.0 at RO.pk3:Decorate/NukeBooms.txt, line 247
Called from state NukerPushkaExploder.0 in NukerPushkaExploder
Twitchy2019

Postby n64q » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 am

i need a fix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
n64q

Discord: n64quake #7485
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods