[Finished] The Russian Overkill - 3.0e

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
nologyn

Re: [Finished] The Russian Overkill - 2.5, Vodka Strikes Aga

Post by nologyn »

DoomKrakken wrote:I was pretty sure it had nothing to do with the Extremesphere... but I had no time to test stuff again to see if it was, and I discovered the bug only while I had an Extremesphere active.

@nologyn Are you talking about the Control Pad, or the Return Pad? If it'd the Control Pad, that's supposed to happen.
I talked about Return pad , having three tanks is cool but I find it Inconvenient , especially if you can't return them back .
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Yes. The shield wall blocks and reflects all projectiles, even your own. This is kinda useless unless you're on Stalin difficulty, and need your backside watched.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

nologyn wrote:I talked about Return pad , having three tanks is cool but I find it Inconvenient , especially if you can't return them back .
Can't think of a situation in which you'd have it disappear, so far looking at it. Them however not returning if they were deployed and you exit the level - that got fixed.
Silentdarkness12 wrote:Yes. The shield wall blocks and reflects all projectiles, even your own. This is kinda useless unless you're on Stalin difficulty, and need your backside watched.
I forgot about class-based weapons and couple others, it supposed to let through everything from your arsenal; added it mostly to the ones I already got through with in terms of rewrites. And no, it's not useless - it's an alt-fire made with slaughterwad hordes in mind. Can pretty much cockblock anything coming at you, if you find a decent spot to deploy it.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I guess? Although on most difficulty settings, I just imagine being able to turn such hordes into paste before they can do any real damage.

Although...Holy Hell.wad.........eh.......I suppose, I suppose. I'll give you that one.
nologyn

Post by nologyn »

I should be more specific next time i meant summoning more than one tank and then using return pad it will disappear from inventory , anyway i find a way to fix it.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

If a direct shot from the Rasputin's ice mode kills an enemy, it doesn't freeze them.

Also I want to see more ice based weapons in the future. I love freezing monsters to death and then shattering them. :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

You're not alone, my comrade! It's very good to show the true Russian weather to those facist demons. Also we needs some frozen chows to enjoy with too.

And yeah, i've been wondered why rasputin's direct shot never freezes the enemy.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

well it IS still just a grenade shell, even if what is in it explodes into ice
we're working with infallable backwards logic here, remember?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Though it'd be cool (kek) if it still dealt ice damage directly...

I mean, it is a minor detail that can easily be edited in... though now that I think about it, it could be that it's more like a standard grenade that just so happens to have an additional effect. Ridiculous enough to be Russian Overkill logic. :D
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

Here I am, late to the party as usual.

Anyways, for best experience, combine this with DoomKrakken's monster randomizer, 10x Universal, and Maps of Chaos Overkill to turn Doom 2 into the greatest orgy of death in video game history. Just turn the volume down. :wink:

Edit: Alright, after actually playing it, I can say that I really dig the new sprites. They have a cohesive art style instead of just looking like random sprites ripped from games and mashed together in one mod.
The voxel tank is cool and all, until it started attacking me. Not enough to be fatal, but enough to blow you all across the crusher room in Map 06. How do I get it to leave, or at least stop attacking me?
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

You recall the tanks with a different inventory item.
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

Beed28 wrote:You recall the tanks with a different inventory item.
Okay. Are they supposed to attack you?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

No. Do they attack you?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Well, here's a weird one: I keep finding these bottles of vodka lying around and I'm completely unable to pick them up.
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

DoomKrakken wrote:No. Do they attack you?
Well they fire at me. Knocks me all over the map. Only tried them once though.

Anyways the Beef Turret seems to be bugged. The sprite and collision hitbox remains even after you pack the turret back into the cannon.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”