Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Postby wildweasel » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:16 pm

If i were to revisit the mod and swapping system, I'd set things up so that you have five slots: melee, sidearm, two primaries, and one heavy, where a "primary" is any rifle, shotgun, or SMG.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Lifeform » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:57 am

Thank You for making this, its Really an AWESOME MOD =P

You should have Changed the "Pyro Light" to the Flammenwerfer 35 that is much more fitting, other then that i have no complaints, this mod is AMAZING =)

Can we get a version of this mod but with only the weapon pack ? I Also love to play Doom with WW2 Weapons but with vanilla monsters as well, Still Good Job man, IM LOVING IT... ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️
Lifeform

Postby wildweasel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:11 am

Lifeform wrote:Thank You for making this, its Really an AWESOME MOD =P

You should have Changed the "Pyro Light" to the Flammenwerfer 35 that is much more fitting, other then that i have no complaints, this mod is AMAZING =)

It doesn't visually resemble a Flammenwerfer at all, though, and I didn't want to use the Wolfendoom one. (It's actually a recycled weapon from a very old mod of mine... :? )

Can we get a version of this mod but with only the weapon pack ? I Also love to play Doom with WW2 Weapons but with vanilla monsters as well, Still Good Job man, IM LOVING IT... ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️

That defeats the entire point of the mod, IMO.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Sebrw » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:26 am

Hi Wildweasel!
I just noticed playing again your mod that all weapons fire a little down of the crosshair.
Is it an intentional behaviour to mimic kind of a bullet drop at long range or is it a small bug that can be easily fix? It becomes very evident if you try to fire at point blank range or very near against a wall.
Or is it just me? :lol:

Thanks!
Sebrw

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby StroggVorbis » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:33 am

@Sebrw
afaik, this has always been like this by default to my knowledge, as in vanilla weapons exhibit this too.

The two properties related to this are found in the player class definition, AttackZOffset (default 8) and ViewHeight (41).
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby wildweasel » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:30 am

Sebrw wrote:Hi Wildweasel!
I just noticed playing again your mod that all weapons fire a little down of the crosshair.
Is it an intentional behaviour to mimic kind of a bullet drop at long range or is it a small bug that can be easily fix? It becomes very evident if you try to fire at point blank range or very near against a wall.
Or is it just me? :lol:

Thanks!

It's not easy to achieve a balance between where the crosshair points and where the bullet originates. Too high, and it no longer appears to be coming from the gun, but directly from the player's eyes, which looks a lot worse to me than the crosshair being very slightly off.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Sebrw » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:30 am

Fair enough, thank you both!
I noticed this only at short range, longer shots seems relatively accurate :-)
Sebrw

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods