Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Postby Patriot1776 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:43 pm

One thing I will say on ammo capacities: The Browning Auto-5 was called 'Auto-5' because it could hold 5 shells based on '+1' ammo loading, but from looking at +1 ammo loading is done on the Auto-5 from Youtube videos, I can see why the mag capacity is set as 4. A bit complex to load one in the chamber on the auto-5 compared to the other guns, and especially compared to the Trenchgun, the Trenchgun would stop being used once you found the Auto-5. Still though, heh, be interesting to hear in the updated lore how you manage to get ahold of an M1 Garand that's been modded to take 7.92x57 Mauser rounds. XD I wonder if such a version was even made or not, or if Army Quartermasters did such a modification in the field on a few during those times. :D
Patriot1776

Postby wildweasel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Well, bear in mind, I eventually plan to overhaul the whole weapon inventory system so that such lore-related kludges may no longer be necessary. (I may also alter the SMLE to take .303 Enfield like it should, instead of the Mauser ammo, and just leave ammo piles near it like the Thompson and PPSh.)
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Ed the Bat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:59 pm

I am in favor of changing the SMLE back to .303 British.

Also, here we go. Clean revision to Master_Moose's patch of CJ Flavor. From what I've seen here, what it really brings to the table amounts to the M1 Garand, big blood splatters (not really my style), and ejecting casings for the guns. Also a flashlight, but I honestly prefer the version I made last year over this one, so...
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby Clownman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Can't say I'm too much of a fan of the Auto 5 in this TBH. It feels more like a downgraded trenchgun to me if anything but that's just me. ((The idle sprite also looks weird IMO))

Would you happen to have any backups of an older version with the Sawn-Off Shotgun? Just curious.
Clownman
I'm not gonna fight you... I'm gonna kick your ass.

Postby Ed the Bat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Clownman wrote:Would you happen to have any backups of an older version with the Sawn-Off Shotgun? Just curious.

You already requested that in the Broken Mods thread and I pointed it to you on /idgames.
Ed the Bat

Postby Clownman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:03 pm

Ed the Bat wrote:
Clownman wrote:Would you happen to have any backups of an older version with the Sawn-Off Shotgun? Just curious.

You already requested that in the Broken Mods thread and I pointed it to you on /idgames.

...That sadly wasn't exactly the one I was looking for, honestly. That wasn't even really ww-nazis either.
Clownman
I'm not gonna fight you... I'm gonna kick your ass.

Postby Patriot1776 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:05 pm

wildweasel wrote:Well, bear in mind, I eventually plan to overhaul the whole weapon inventory system so that such lore-related kludges may no longer be necessary. (I may also alter the SMLE to take .303 Enfield like it should, instead of the Mauser ammo, and just leave ammo piles near it like the Thompson and PPSh.)

I agree on giving the other long-guns their unique ammo, .303 British for the SMLE, and .30-06 for the M1, as both weapons are noticeably weaker than the Kar98K and Gewehr 43 for at present taking the same 7.92x57 mm ammo. Weaker, but faster firing in the case of both, though I'm not sure really what, if any, the M1 Garand has over the Gewehr 43 in terms of pros and cons other than Gewehr 43 having a couple more shots per reload. Other than patriotic factor for the M1, the 43 and M1 right now feel too similar.
Patriot1776

Postby wildweasel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Another thing I might want to clarify: though I do intend on eventually bringing the other weapons into the mainline, I won't just be using them as is, especially in regards to the M1 and the Kar98, to which I'd want to give a pretty hefty overhaul. But neither one's going to happen until I overhaul the inventory system.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby armymen12002003 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:51 pm

If anyone is interested i did do a strife patch for this made outta the githud version. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68BnG ... sp=sharing
armymen12002003
Halt!

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ed the Bat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Why did you copy/paste the enemies wholesale instead of just having them spawn in? This will spit out boatloads of errors due to conflicting actor names.
Ed the Bat

Postby armymen12002003 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:57 pm

well when i loaded it with it i didn't get a bunch of errors lol
armymen12002003
Halt!

Postby Ed the Bat » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Well considering there's nothing in this package that will actually load these actors, as they're not in a DECORATE lump, then naturally you wouldn't get any errors. Or any results whatsoever. "lol"
Ed the Bat

Postby armymen12002003 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:12 pm

Ok i just did a little update to it added the goldeneye n64 alarm also changed the actor names so they no longer conflict with the original Nazi enemies.
armymen12002003
Halt!

Postby wildweasel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:00 pm

If Strife support does happen, it's not gonna be like this, sorry.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby YukesVonFaust » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:32 pm

hey, wildweasel, this question might be dumb, but will you add more weapons? like, the Nambu Pistol and the TT33?
YukesVonFaust
Give Me a Shake...

Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods