Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
E.C.S

Re: [Beta] Weasel Presents: NAZIS (wwhc-ana)

Post by E.C.S »

Make the reload animations, so make this mod more difficult. I think this is the first mod which is hard for me.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

New version uploaded just in time for Memorial Day: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... hc-ana.pk3

Changes this version:
- Added TITLEMAP by Jallamann, scrounged from the ruins of my long-abandoned Operation Arctic Wolf remake. Includes an actual recording of "Horst Wessel Lied" as the theme song.
- New enemies: Fake Hitler (replaces the Cacodemon/mini-sub) and Geist (replaces the Lost Soul/gun turret). Please let me know if these enemies need to be rebalanced.
- Weapon reloads modified - now have unique reload sounds for all weapons and "clicky-dance" animations instead of Goldeneye-style.
- Fixed: Otto Giftmacher had undefined See sounds.
- Fixed: player had no death sounds. (edit: never mind, still broken and i have no idea why)
- Sawed-off shotgun can now fire barrels individually. Alt-fire reloads.
- UMG-43 now has vertical recoil. I recommend you use mouselook while firing this weapon, if you don't wish to be firing at the ceiling!
- UMG-43's accuracy tightened up slightly to compensate for above.
- Klein Nebelwerfer deals slightly more damage and has an increased blast radius.
- Fixed minor glitch in Klein Nebelwerfer's fire sequence; was not smoothly returning to the ready position after cycle sequence.
- New TNT containers to replace explosive barrels - randomly selected between marked barrels, unmarked barrels, or boxes. All have the same explosive characteristics. I have tried to match the exploding behavior as closely to Doom's as possible - please let me know if this breaks any maps.
- New casting call sequence at the end of Map30.
- Other things I might have forgotten.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Sawed-off shotgun can be reloaded when it is full.

Also there is something visually wrong with the rocket launcher projectiles, cant really see what it is though.
Vict

Post by Vict »

SamVision wrote:Also there is something visually wrong with the rocket launcher projectiles, cant really see what it is though.
The rocket projectile is below the smoke/fire trail it leaves as it flies through the air.

Other than that, and the DB Shotgun reloading, I don't see any other issues. Nice work wildweasel, the new reloads are really good.

One suggestion though: Maybe the lost soul replacement should have a quiet but noticeable sound associated with them? As far as I can tell, they are completely silent, and can do a -ton- of damage if you walk into one unaware.
marble

Post by marble »

Vict wrote:There doesn't need to be long, complex reload animations.

Though I'd like to see more like the .357. I'm not a fan of the Goldeneye-style reloading but adding a little more feedback and sound when reloading a weapon would make a huge difference.

i agree, Goldeneye reloads are to simple, while elaborate ones are too slow, make them all like the .357, with some detail, but not too much.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

SamVision wrote:Sawed-off shotgun can be reloaded when it is full.
That turned out to be an easy fix, thanks for alerting me.
Vict wrote:The rocket projectile is below the smoke/fire trail it leaves as it flies through the air.
Hm. Currently trying to figure that out. [edit] Seems Woolie's code had the A_CustomMissile calls for the rocket trails being spawned 6 units above the rocket. Changing that to zero fixes the trails.
One suggestion though: Maybe the lost soul replacement should have a quiet but noticeable sound associated with them? As far as I can tell, they are completely silent, and can do a -ton- of damage if you walk into one unaware.
I'll think about it, but I don't want to make the sound too obvious or else the surprise factor of them is completely lost. [edit] Trying out brain/cube as the Geist's active sound.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

wildweasel wrote: - Fixed: player had no death sounds. (edit: never mind, still broken and i have no idea why)
You've got spaces between the file name and the extension (I.E "WWDETHLO .ogg" and WWDETHHI .ogg") removing the excess space seemed to fix it: I could get a high scream to test it but the normal one worked OK.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

TheDarkArchon wrote:You've got spaces between the file name and the extension (I.E "WWDETHLO .ogg" and WWDETHHI .ogg") removing the excess space seemed to fix it: I could get a high scream to test it but the normal one worked OK.
Cool, thanks. Somehow that had evaded my notice.
marble

Post by marble »

you could use the drone sound from Duke 3D as the turret sound.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

marble wrote:you could use the drone sound from Duke 3D as the turret sound.
The turret's removed from the mod.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

hey weasle could u quite possibly make this compatible for skulltag 2?
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

armymen12002003 wrote:hey weasle could u quite possibly make this compatible for skulltag 2?
If this were to be neutered for Skulltag, the following features would likely be gone:
- Most of the status bar functions.
- The bullet tracers (I'm unsure if the current Skulltag supports FastProjectile)
- Recoil (since I know for sure Skulltag doesn't support A_SetPitch yet)
- Maybe other important stuff too.

I really do not want to remove functionality from the mod just to make it work in Skulltag. Your best bet is to just wait until they update to a more recent vintage of ZDoom, if that ever happens.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

wildweasel wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:hey weasle could u quite possibly make this compatible for skulltag 2?
If this were to be neutered for Skulltag, the following features would likely be gone:
- Most of the status bar functions.
- The bullet tracers (I'm unsure if the current Skulltag supports FastProjectile)
- Recoil (since I know for sure Skulltag doesn't support A_SetPitch yet)
- Maybe other important stuff too.

I really do not want to remove functionality from the mod just to make it work in Skulltag. Your best bet is to just wait until they update to a more recent vintage of ZDoom, if that ever happens.
oh ok
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

wildweasel wrote:- The bullet tracers (I'm unsure if the current Skulltag supports FastProjectile)
Considering it supports Hexen, I'd say it definitely supports FastProjectile. :P
ZDoom Wars also uses them in place of hitscans.
Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11

Post by Woolie Wool »

MageWandShot existed for a long time before FastProjectile, but it was a native class and you couldn't do a whole lot with it. One early mod that I worked on had a sniper weapon whose projectile inherited from MageWandShot.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”