Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
VicRattlehead

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS [release candidate 2, pg13]

Post by VicRattlehead »

Tiny bug here, reloading the A-5 alerts enemies.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

VicRattlehead wrote:Tiny bug here, reloading the A-5 alerts enemies.
Oops. Easy fix though, thanks for pointing that out. =P
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

The health and ammo counters take too long to load information right.This is especially annoying when switching from a gun that has lots of ammo to a nearly empty one.
EDIT:Also I think it would be funny to put doom monsters instead of the original nazi enemy.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Another Auto-5 bug. Reloading it with 1-3 shells left will still load 4 shells into the weapon
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

KILLER2 wrote:The health and ammo counters take too long to load information right.This is especially annoying when switching from a gun that has lots of ammo to a nearly empty one.
Completely by design. The Ammo counters already roll three times faster than the health and armor ones. The idea is to make you not rely on your ammo counter to see if your gun has ammo left in it.
TheDarkArchon wrote:Another Auto-5 bug. Reloading it with 1-3 shells left will still load 4 shells into the weapon
Already fixed for the next version.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Weasel, you have done it again. Great MOD. But, does anyone know the name of the map/map replacement?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Zombieguy wrote:Weasel, you have done it again. Great MOD. But, does anyone know the name of the map/map replacement?
If you're talking about the video in the original post, that's map03 of Epic2.wad by Eternal.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

wildweasel wrote:
Zombieguy wrote:Weasel, you have done it again. Great MOD. But, does anyone know the name of the map/map replacement?
If you're talking about the video in the original post, that's map03 of Epic2.wad by Eternal.
Sorry, I forgot to mention what I was talking about. And Thanks!
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Alright, I've taken care of the last few complaints/bugs (the shovel animation being too "weak", the Browning reload generally sucking) and this mod's pretty much in the state where I can stick it on /idgames tomorrow. Text files are all written and everything.

Hm. I almost want to make a spinoff now - how about a mod based on 80's action flicks, starring the action cliches like the Beretta M92F, the .44 Magnum (maybe a .475 Wildey Magnum, a la Death Wish 3?), the Winchester M1887 shotgun, the M202 FLASH rocket launcher...and featuring the enemy sprites from Operation Body Count? =P
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Hm. I almost want to make a spinoff now - how about a mod based on 80's action flicks, starring the action cliches like the Beretta M92F, the .44 Magnum (maybe a .475 Wildey Magnum, a la Death Wish 3?), the Winchester M1887 shotgun, the M202 FLASH rocket launcher...and featuring the enemy sprites from Operation Body Count? =P
Yes, yes, YES!
How about a slot limit? 3-4 handguns (9mm, .38, .45...) can be carried at once and there would naturally be plenty to choose from. 1-2 handcannons (.44 and .357 Magnum, .475WM...), 1-2 long guns (rifles and nasty blasty shotguns)...
Also, the .45 Longslide, with laser sighting.

On second thought, shotguns do deserve their own slots. :wub:
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

Sounds like my kind of mod, make sure you include the Steyr AUG and the MM1 grenade launcher.

Got one last suggestion about this one though, how about replacing the sprites of the corpses of the marines, demons, etc.? Or did you leave them in in purpose?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

well hey, if you do decide to do this, here's a start: Image

said terminator's colt, complete with handing with a terminator style glove and shirt

iirc the sprite edit was from, i think it was nosehair who did the edit, made for a terminator style wad that never got off the start

with the huge variety of movies arnold's been in thats been action related, you could seriously make an arnie's arsenal mod haha
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

VicRattlehead wrote:Got one last suggestion about this one though, how about replacing the sprites of the corpses of the marines, demons, etc.? Or did you leave them in in purpose?
I consider those similar to map decorations; replacing them would mess with some existing maps.
chronoteeth wrote:well hey, if you do decide to do this, here's a start: Image

said terminator's colt, complete with handing with a terminator style glove and shirt

iirc the sprite edit was from, i think it was nosehair who did the edit, made for a terminator style wad that never got off the start
Alright, I'll keep this in mind; I was actually intending to use midoriman's jacketed arms anyway. It'll be in a similar style to Nazis - I'll be maintaining the tracer bullets and lighting-quick reloads, but the weapon loadout will be entirely different and hopefully slightly less bullet-heavy (and maybe slightly less shotgunny). However, I'll end up starting another thread for this project when/if I get anything done of it.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

This spin-off sounds neat. You should throw in an MP5K with Dual Mags like in Die-Hard 2 or throwing knives. Also, make the main character shout out cheesy one-liners.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

lol titlemap :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”