Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Post by wildweasel »

New weapons will come AFTER I've overhauled the inventory system, and will at first be limited only to those that have appeared in the unofficial patch versions.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ed the Bat wrote:I'm liking the idea of vetting these alternate variants for materials to be imported back into the main project. As far as I'm seeing, Lippeth's Stripped & Strangled variant has some weapon additions that could prove interesting (CJ Flavor has a bit of weapon addition too, but it seems to actually come from S&S anyhow). CJ Flavor's weapon edits mostly seem to be just adjustments to ammo capacity, which I'm not sure is so interesting... but where CJ Flavor really stands out is all the extra enemies (even coming from places like Spear Resurrection!), which I think is certainly worth combing through. I haven't taken much time to look into Master_Moose's work, but my understanding is that it brings, among other things, fancy effects for brass/shells and liquid splashes, even with 3D models? Worth a look, in my book.
well, for the late answer about reasons of my version's questionable minor edits, you guessed it a little. kar98k IS from the lippeth's S&S, by accepting his permission. and the another added weapon, the colt is an edited version of the luger. i extended the magazine size and damage, yet slow firelate. and i was going to add the tokarev pistol, but pistols in this mod including mine was so many, so i canceled it. also about the spear resurrection enemies, don't forget some of additional ones from it's sequel!

and about the ammo capacity, i tried to make the ammo amounts we can get underwhelming and normal. because you know, i kinda didn't like to be having a large amounts of them. i would like to waste the ammo for one weapon and change into other one if it's out of it. and take the almost of them in any maps. since i played the vanilla doom series when i knew the doom mods first time.

to be precise, my version's whole ammo capacity was fit and balanced for my taste; ww_nazis CJ's flavor, that's the name. ha-ha. anyway you can edit into a normal capacity like classic version did whatever you like.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

I knew the Kar98 was adopted with permission, don't worry. That's how I knew where it came from; you gave proper credits in your package. And I understand about changing the ammo capacity to fit your tastes, and even adjusting enemy health/speed/etc.; it re-balances the game just a little bit to how you prefer it.

Just be aware that, as development of Nazis continues, there can never be a 100% guarantee that your patch will stay fully compatible, so it might be in your interest to actively adjust as time goes on. Or, you can simply keep using the current snapshot of Nazis; these patches are already known to work with it.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

well, i've already stop working for my version, but yes, i'll. unless if he adds new weapons or enemies in it, i'm sure there's no problems but editing the heck out of it.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

A taunt pack consisting of Miles "Tails" Prower's quotes from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

https://www.mediafire.com/?dceyzw8cf7g4xuy

PS @wildweasel is it okay if I alter the taunting system a bit so that the player uses different taunts for firing and reloading?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

You might want to hold off for a while. The structure of the weapon code (where all the taunts are, currently) is going to get a pretty hefty overhaul eventually.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

P'rolly i'll put it here.

Tank Dempsey, now as a tauntpack.

"You're KIA, Maggotsack!"
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

YukesVonFaust wrote:P'rolly i'll put it here.

Nice but no grenade calls?
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

armymen12002003 wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote:P'rolly i'll put it here.

Nice but no grenade calls?
I may add some reloading calls, but yes. i'll add grenade calls.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

ok
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Didn't know you'd quickly jump on the bandwagon for taunt packs.

Anyways, to celebrate the 700th reply on this mod, I replace the Lee-Enfield with a scoped Kar98k, to quell the mod's infamous lack of a sniper weapon. Riflemen now have a chance to drop this weapon besides the G43. The Kar98k however has only half the capacity of the G43 and the SMLE it replaces and it must be reloaded round-by-round like in real-life.
If you want the weapon, PM me for my custom version or ask me to post it here.

Credits to JoeyTD for the original sprite and wildweasel for the scope.

The following's a list of possible changes I might make for my sub-mod:
  • Replace the revolver with a Colt that shares ammo with the Thompson to make it more like RTCW.
  • Replace the PPSh with either a suppressed Sten or MG42.
  • Introduce a COD-like quick melee knife attack, and make the shovel a loud weapon.
  • Make an extremely rare auto-shotgun dropped only by Gretel Grosse.
  • Separate the taunts for different things, like firing a gun, killing a particular enemy, reloading, getting a new weapon/powerup, etc.
But I'll wait if wildweasel wants to.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

MJ79 wrote:Didn't know you'd quickly jump on the bandwagon for taunt packs.

Anyways, to celebrate the 700th reply on this mod, I replace the Lee-Enfield with a scoped Kar98k, to quell the mod's infamous lack of a sniper weapon. Riflemen now have a chance to drop this weapon besides the G43. The Kar98k however has only half the capacity of the G43 and the SMLE it replaces and it must be reloaded round-by-round like in real-life.
If you want the weapon, PM me for my custom version or ask me to post it here.

Credits to JoeyTD for the original sprite and wildweasel for the scope.

The following's a list of possible changes I might make for my sub-mod:
  • Replace the revolver with a Colt that shares ammo with the Thompson to make it more like RTCW.
  • Replace the PPSh with either a suppressed Sten or MG42.
  • Introduce a COD-like quick melee knife attack, and make the shovel a loud weapon.
  • Make an extremely rare auto-shotgun dropped only by Gretel Grosse.
  • Separate the taunts for different things, like firing a gun, killing a particular enemy, reloading, getting a new weapon/powerup, etc.
But I'll wait if wildweasel wants to.
WOOO-- i mean this is going to be epic.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Was, kein flammenwerfer?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

you mean pyrolight? yeah, that's some kind of flamethrower.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Okay, any new weapon addons should seriously WAIT FOR THE NEXT VERSION. I'm swapping the current inventory system for a more ww-magop-style one, which will change how weapon pickups work, so it'd be best if you avoided wasting effort for a while.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”