Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Weasel Presents: NAZIS V2

Post by Captain J »

Rifles does have these kind of damage values, too. But they have higher damages than pistols. Anyway If they have a good ability to use or get use to, there will be some penalties. Mostly known, well balancing.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:My mistake. Then yes, you are right. Walther does 6 to 18 damage per shot, Luger does between 3 and 17, MP40 does 9 to 14. UMG does 11 to 15, making it more powerful than the MP40. Out of all the 9mm guns in this arsenal, the Luger is the most accurate but also the only one with no form of autofire.
On the other hand, the MP40 will never do as high a damage as the Walther, but it has a higher minimum, making its damage output more consistent.

Bear in mind as well, too, that the different bullets also have different flight speeds. I believe the Luger's bullets fly slightly quicker than the Walther's, meaning you will not have to lead your shots as much over long distances. (Though that said, rifles - especially the SMLE and Kar98 - have the fastest velocity overall.)
patrik

Post by patrik »

Havent visited this thread for long time and being very surprised that it is still kept updated. Nice to see you are still maintaing even your older mods, wildweasel. ;)

I tried both your and Ed the Bat's bleeding edge Github builds and I discovered little graphical glitch. When you have disabled autoreload, and try to fire flamethrower after its fuel ran out, it displays frame of MP40 muzzle flash.
Are you still open to suggestions? Could I then ask you for one scoped rifle? That is the only thing I miss here. I think some bolt action rifle as Kar98 or SMLE could be suitable for this. (Or maybe it could come as seperate attachment, that player would have to collect prior to using it with them?)

I think I prefer this new concept of one weapon per slot. Previously there were lot of great guns per few slots, but usually only few got used because often player would forget or didnt have time to cycle trough all of them. This actually encourages player to experiment more often with different choices.

BTW My tactics with pistols: Before I get any smg, I usually go first for Luger, because of its faster ROF to compensate that. After that I return to revolver for its higher damage output and seperate ammo type to save more ammo for SMG. I pretty much never use Walther.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

patrik wrote:I tried both your and Ed the Bat's bleeding edge Github builds and I discovered little graphical glitch. When you have disabled autoreload, and try to fire flamethrower after its fuel ran out, it displays frame of MP40 muzzle flash.
Turns out this glitch affected a handful of the guns. Should be fixed now in my fork.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Where can I find your fork, Ed?
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

By clicking the Forks link on weasel's repository.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Thanks, I haven't used that before in GitHub, so I wasn't sure if it was just another GitHub entirely or not.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

patrik wrote: I think I prefer this new concept of one weapon per slot. Previously there were lot of great guns per few slots, but usually only few got used because often player would forget or didnt have time to cycle trough all of them. This actually encourages player to experiment more often with different choices.
THIS. THIS is the one change that has now made this mod almost unplayable to me because of how extremely tough this makes things on you when starting off a new game, at least for somebody who's looking more nowadays like I am to only playing because I wanna massacre baddies action-movie style and relieve stress, without getting my poor-skills butt handed to me ruthlessly, with WW2 weapons in the case of using this mod. Has it been made possible to turn this feature off in current versions so ammo shortages early on isn't a problem? That's what I really liked before this infamous feature was introduced, Any weapon, even if you didn't plan to use it, you got its ammo to use in other weapons that could use it.
yuyu3

Post by yuyu3 »

Hey ;), is there any way to run the mod in zandronum? I'm getting this error

Code: Select all

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "ww-nazis-v2.pk3:mapinfo.txt" line 97:
Intermission: Unknown top level keyword
Any ideas :D?

halp! XD
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

yuyu3 wrote:Hey ;), is there any way to run the mod in zandronum?
Wait for that port to catch up to ZDoom's current feature base.

Your best option is to use ZDoom or GZDoom. (And for heaven's sake use a recent build.)
Morter

Post by Morter »

So I don't know if support/bug fixes are still open for this project, but when playing the updated WolfenDoom, the keys turn into random weapon drops...or at least for E1M10. I haven't tried it for every map with keys yet but it still hinders progress.

Can this be fixed? Playing wolfenstein maps with the nazi mod is pretty much perfect~ :wub:
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

This project does nothing to keys, so that would sound to me like a problem with that project.
patrik

Post by patrik »

yuyu3 wrote:Hey ;), is there any way to run the mod in zandronum?
I hope wildweasel wont gut me for this, but if you insist on playing with zandronum, there are few unofficial edited variations(not made by wildweasel) of older versions of this mod made for zandronum, check for example: http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/wads
But they are made of older versions and have lot of features cut out due to limitations of zandronum and they are not supported or endorsed around here. So for singleplayer purposes I strongly recommend to use only official releases that are compatible only with zdoom/gzdoom.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

If I remember correctly, the /idgames release should also work well with the 3.0 alphas of Zandronum.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Version 0.1 of my Twilight Sparkle tauntpack.
Due to the custom palette colors, the sprites might not show up correctly on some computers/versions due to the renderer's OpenGL capabilities (as I found out on http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49024). How she holds the weapons with human arms is a mystery. I'll have to ask wildweasel if I could make a "handless" weapons sprite patch in case you're not playing as a human.

https://www.mediafire.com/?4ro1ck5hx7qu1ya

Return to “Gameplay Mods”