[RELEASED] RSL's new "S H I N O B I" - now in TRUECOLOR!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
amv2k9

Re: [RELEASED] RSL's new "S H I N O B I" - now in TRUECOLOR!

Post by amv2k9 »

Dunno if anyone noticed, but the shotgun HUD sprites are a little messed up; if you look reeaal close at the reloading frames you'll see that part of the sprite shifts to the right. I fixed this cause it bothered me
Spoiler:
I could put em up if you're interested.
rsl

Post by rsl »

Thanks for noticing it! If you could put them up it would be good - even only the correct alignment values in Slade/XWE, if that's sufficient.
BTW, the spoiler you mentioned is quite intriguing... :wink: Is it too early for a preview?
Spoiler:
EDIT: had a quick check on alignment of the above sprites - I remembered about the fact that I originally shifted a bit some of those reloading frames because their graphics were not easily overlappable (i.e. actually differing), so a feeble "shake" effect during the belt animation would have helped doing the trick. :wink: I guess you've probably improved the sprites themselves - it would be nice to integrate the fix into the modification anyway. :)
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

rsl wrote:BTW, the spoiler you mentioned is quite intriguing... :wink: Is it too early for a preview?
Wayyy too early; I'm still in the planning stages. Basically I'm trying to have one powerup & inventory set that is a condensement of all the powerups from both games, w/o overlap.

Here's a fix of the shotty's reload frames, BTW. It's not the offset that's the problem, but the sprite itself; look at the originals from the resource pack. It's not so visible if you look at the sprites side-by-side, but more noticeable once it's animated.
rsl

Post by rsl »

Updated the mod for the third time.
With a smaller list of changes (copied/pasted from the textfile):

- fixed shotgun reload animation (thanks amv2k9!).
- added A_CheckReload for shotgun.
- improved assault rifle grenade arc.
- added +ALT_AMMO_OPTIONAL to assault rifle.

The download link on the first post always applies! :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”