Ghoul 3 Survival modification

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Ghoul 3 Survival modification

Postby adeon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:54 pm

This weekend I modified the Ghoul3 mod a little (woa, a mod of a mod :o ? ). It's a great single-player game, however its coop could be improved IMO, and that's what I did.

The game is way less scary when you are able to respawn in the middle of the round. So I adapted this to be a survival-based game.
If the player dies, he becomes a spectator and sees another player on a third person view. Almost every addition was made with ACS.

I modified the terrain too. It's now larger, with two firecamps, each one hosting 4 player starts (maximum player limit is now 8) and added some new details (a small graveyard, a house in ruins, another slime lake and so forth) so that the scenario isn't just a bunch of boring trees. Of course, it's still playable in single-player.

I made a few variations of Victory/Failure screens with some short music tracks as well.

I haven't tested it with many players yet, but I am confident everything's working good.
(BY THE WAY, I focused entirely on GZDoom while making this)

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sqr69cdrk2ewn5g
adeon

Return to Gameplay Mods