[Unfinished] Strife Needs A God Damn Mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Small Project] Strife Needs A God Damn Mod

Postby Davidos » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:44 am

wildweasel wrote:
Pachira wrote:
BoldEnglishman wrote:I played through the whole of Strife with the not-so-latest version of this, and there didn't seem to be any major problems. I used both of the new weapons a lot more than the old Crossbows. The only issue I can think of is that Shotgun shells are really quite rare if you don't keep going back to town and buying them. Perhaps the pickup could be a box of shells rather than a single (four shells) pickup?

Maybe an acolyte enemy that uses shotgun instead of assault rifle will bear more ammo.

I can't make acolytes drop anything other than what they already drop; altering DropItem on any of them causes certain scripted acolytes to no longer drop the keys/items that they are scripted to drop. What a pain.

Any possibility the maps can be edited to spawn specific enemies that spawn items on death?
Make, like, a key wielding Acolyte an Acolyte Officer or something???

Isn't it just possible to put a drop function in the death state and make it ignore the assault rifle drop somehow?
Davidos
The one and only D-ellsing Marine

Postby Cyanosis » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:46 am

This is really nice, the shotgun is easily my favorite weapon now.
Cyanosis

Postby wildweasel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Davidos wrote:Any possibility the maps can be edited to spawn specific enemies that spawn items on death?
Make, like, a key wielding Acolyte an Acolyte Officer or something???

Isn't it just possible to put a drop function in the death state and make it ignore the assault rifle drop somehow?

I'd really prefer not to edit the maps, because that'd mean I'm including them with the mod, breaking compatibility should anybody want to try playing Kaiser's Strife map or A World In Strife with the mod. I hadn't thought of using A_SpawnItemEx to make enemies spawn extra weapons; I'll have to toy around with that sometime.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby SamVision » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Are the existing weapons going to get an upgrade? They seem kind of out of place when you are playing with this mod.
SamVision

Postby wildweasel » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:45 pm

SamVision wrote:Are the existing weapons going to get an upgrade? They seem kind of out of place when you are playing with this mod.

As soon as I've devised appropriate replacements/upgrades for them, they will. The only Strife weapon that is being left stock is the Sigil.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby amv2k9 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:52 pm

I noticed in the last version that the shotgun pickup sprite is just a placeholder, and I tried my hand at making one that fits the HUD graphics more. It's based off one featured in GZDA & Demon Eclipse.

amv2k9
That Strife Guy

Postby wildweasel » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Many thanks, I'll see about adding this at earliest convenience.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Akira_98 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:06 am

You can't reload the Assault Gun if there is 25 or more rounds left in the clip, even if you have the extended magazines. Also, the Silenced Pistol puts decal on the walls, put the Assault Gun and Shotgun do not. Otherwise, this upgrading system works really well for replacing the accuracy system. I like it. :D
Akira_98
Well excuse me, princess.

Postby wildweasel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 am

Akira_98 wrote:You can't reload the Assault Gun if there is 25 or more rounds left in the clip, even if you have the extended magazines. Also, the Silenced Pistol puts decal on the walls, put the Assault Gun and Shotgun do not. Otherwise, this upgrading system works really well for replacing the accuracy system. I like it. :D

Regarding the decals, yeah, the Pistol was based on code from another mod, and I just had forgotten to add the decals for the other weapons.

I can fix the Assault Gun, but I have found another bug that I can't quite get to the bottom of: if you reload the shotgun with less than the amount required to fill the magazine, it will load one last shell after you reach zero shells before ending the reload. I looked over the code and see no reason why this should be happening.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby TheDarkArchon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:16 am

The problem is around here

Code: Select allExpand view
ReloadWork:
      RIFG A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("ShotgunClip",5,"ReloadFinish")
      RIFG A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("ShotgunAmmo",1,"ReloadWork")
   ReloadWorkFaster:
      RIFG A 0 A_TakeInventory("ShotgunAmmo",1)
      RIFG A 0 A_GiveInventory("ShotgunClip",1)

If the player has no shells at the end of the ReloadWork state, it'll just go into the ReloadWorkFaster state because neither of the jumps are made. Adding "Goto ReloadFinish" at the end of the ReloadWork state should plug this hole.
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby wildweasel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:18 am

Ah. Duh. =P

Thanks a lot for that, TDA.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby |ndußtrial » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:36 am

I am incredibly clueless on this, so what happened to the DRDTeam files URL? Did they change?
|ndußtrial

Discord: IvyMercyLyons#1691
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby niculinux » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:49 am

wildweasel wrote:http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/qH44p6JBvA/ww-strifemod.pk3

Link broken. >.< Alternatives? :(
niculinux
The cheerleader-doom guy

Postby Ed the Bat » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:33 am

DRDTeam file hosting ended many months ago. If you want a new link, there's a thread specifically for that.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby Ctrl+Alt+Destroy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:07 am

Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods