Chex Pack (WIP)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Chex Skulltag Pack (WIP)

Post by cq75 »

skib wrote:Gzdoom
There's your problem. It only runs on skulltag.... as I said in the first post:
cq75 wrote:It only runs on skulltag, since the wad replaces skulltag actors.
The new version only inherits from skulltag actors, so it should run on gzdoom, zdoom, etc.

If you get more errors, make sure your chex quest 3 is up to date, you can get it here - http://www.chucktropolis.com/gamers.htm

Sorry the old one is so huge, mostly ogg tracks... The new version is going to fix that

EDIT - here's the map list to P14, if you want it
Spoiler:
skib

Post by skib »

Didn't get errors!
And it's great but please replace the rail gun, it doesn't fit in a kid's game.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

I'm pretty sure that, assuming that you mean the Railgun has unchanged graphics atm, it's going to be changed eventually (unless it IS replaced, that is [I haven't tested the mod so I don't know]).
cq75

Post by cq75 »

Yeah, I intend to replace the railgun, eventually... I need to stop putting that off
skib

Post by skib »

And you made the sprites yourself?
cq75

Post by cq75 »

I edited the CL zorcher, and I made the zorchgloves from scratch (using the doom hand as a hand model). The Frozen Orb Zorcher and Freezing Zorcher were made by another developer of this mod, the hud sprites are recolors, I don't know where he got the projectile graphics from

I also put the chexman hands on Kinsie's boombox and cleaned up the sprite a little.

The grenade launcher was made by Manny Cav on the CQFF, the super shotgun and minigun replacements have been around for more than 10 years, I'm not sure who made them. I've heard a rumor that the liquid zorcher sprites were made by Eriance, but they are old, and nobody has come forth and claimed them, so...

I also made the flazball, and a couple other minor graphics. I think that's about it.
cq75

Post by cq75 »

Finished the first three invasion waves of my new invasion map. There's some texture problems that I need to fix, but I want to test it online before I start aligning the more difficult textures.

cq75

Post by cq75 »

This project isn't dead, I was thinking of only posting major updates here, but I think I'll post here more often

Working on a new deathmatch map - it takes place in a chex city. So far, I've finished a gas station. Eventually it will have a movie theatre, a (small) army recruitment center, and... something else if I can think of it.

The gas station office where you'd pay and buy snacks. I don't really like how the shelves turned out. Maybe I should go with chex mix hanging up instead.

The exterior

this one mostly just shows my cleaned up girder texture, it's not going to stay like that.

One of the car lifts moves up and down so you can jump to a secret

the exterior of the theatre. The interior literally looked like hell at the time, I'm working on a new flat for the inside.

I also made some sketches of what might be new zorchers

I'm sorry they're so blurry, my scanner isn't very good. They're not very neat either, but I'd mirror them and clean them up before I put them in game, if I got that far.

part of a rail zorcher

Possibly a rapid lightning zorcher

(Zorch) Rift Inducer, I was thinking it would be another form of the LAZ (BFG). The needle would twitch when you were walking, and possibly make quiet Geiger counter noises (to subtly alert players nearby)

I was thinking of having the portal suck in nearby enemies, but that's impossible without using loreshots. Loreshots would be horribly cheap in deathmatch, even though it would be interesting in invasion.

So instead, it will fire a BFG speed projectile which will hit the wall and continue detonating for a few seconds. I'm considering making it bounce once before exploding. It has a short charge time, but it will probably a cooldown time.

(if I finish it, that is)

EDIT - I also started converting the old DUEL03 to work better. It's almost finished.

EDIT2 - oops, I gave a couple old screenshots

EDIT3 - I forgot to post screenshots of my co-op map (WIP)

Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i think the reason the shelves look strange is because the boxes in the shelf are so goddamn massive (seriously, compare them to the Chex guy decoration, they're at least half the size of him).

Otherwise, there's nothing more I can think of with that new map, other than right now it looks very plain.
cq75

Post by cq75 »

<BUMP>

I'm still working on this. I have a new beta out, it includes one new zorchmatch map, and 3 others improved from P14.

Chex Skulltag Pack P14-7

Maps:

ZM01 : Underground storage facility
ZM02: Jade Plateau
ZM03: DK Zorchmatch
ZM04: Mario Zorchmatch

Link: http://www.wadhost.fathax.com/files/CSP14-7.zip (~5 MB)

EDIT - added some stuff to the first post and the doombuilder config.
cq75

Re: Chex Skulltag Pack (WIP) [looking for mappers]

Post by cq75 »

New version : Chex Skulltag Pack P14-9

Maps: Same map list

Link: http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/CSP14-9.zip

I have a steam group for this mod, I post announcements when I host. If you're interested, it's called "The Chex Skulltag Pack Group".

Changes:

ZM01 is more detailed
fixed a bug in ZM03 where you only get two weapons in LMS
fixed a weird scrolling bug in ZM04
Made the dual sporks feel more like two weapons instead of one doubly powerful weapon.

Added an alt fire to the dual wield propulsors and freezing zorchers. The alt fire fires both at the same time.

I noticed a texture offset problem in ZM04 in this version, darn... I thought I finally had that map perfect.

cq75

Post by cq75 »

Server's going to be up all day today, if you want to play this mod, now is a really good time. I won't be able to host as much after this weekend.
cq75

Post by cq75 »

New release, CSP14-10.pk3 (the download link on the first post has been updated)

It contains part of a new invasion map, INV01

and a few other fixes

This mod is now hosted on Canadian Bacon, but only the zorchmatch maps for right now.
skib

Post by skib »

You said you are looking for mappers.
I might be able to help.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

skib wrote:You said you are looking for mappers.
I might be able to help.
Okay - can you show some example of your previous work? (Think of it as a resumé or portfolio - what you show may determine whether your help is accepted.)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”