[Release] SD3TII (no updates 01/03/12)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: SuperDoom3: Take II [Want to test?]

Postby DBThanatos » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Testers needed!
Well, several things have changed considerably since the announcement, and this is no longer just changing the visual effects, but gameplay too. For example, the skills have been completely "rebalanced", which is where the problem comes. I need some people to test this thing. Anyone want to volunteer? 2 or 3 testers would be perfect ;)
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:08 pm

as smith said on matrix reloaded "me, me and me"
DOOMERO-21

Postby DBThanatos » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 pm

Ok. that's one. Anyone else?
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby Big C » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:26 pm

I'll have a go, as long as the mod doesn't use too much in the way of shaders. My computer is oddly underequipped regarding those. It has OpenGL, though, and it can run the vast majority of GZDoom features just fine!
Big C

Postby TheDoomGuy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:33 pm

I'd love to test it. I'll give a thorough play-through to see if there's any bugs (if that's what you want).
TheDoomGuy

Postby DBThanatos » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:17 am

Ok, new video up. This one tries to show a bit more of the mod, like the new recoil effects plus some different monsters and a curious situation with a revenant.

SD3TII + TNT.wad (maps)

Thanks to the volunteering testers. Expect a PM with the link shortly.
DBThanatos
Guns, explosions, gore.

Postby Per-Scan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:42 am

I'd happily test for you if you're still in need of folk. :)
Per-Scan
Formerly Known as Pedro Lambrini

Postby Sodaholic » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:46 am

As one of the testers, I want to say that this is really awesome! Much better than the original. Still a few small kinks to work out, but so far it's coming along nicely from what I can see.
Sodaholic
Banned User

Postby TheMistress » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:10 am

If you still need a tester i'll be here.
TheMistress
These cute eyes may be the last ones you'll ever see.

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:46 am

ok i tested, great work thanatos and team, the best was the archvile and cacodemon, but i founded 3 strange things:

still the player with the missile position when i use the flashlight.
sometimes the recoil of the zsec pistol looks like attacking with the shotgun.
when i am so close to the archvile he attack me with the terrain flame attack and he recive damage with his own attack, well i guess was my fault not include the melee attack of the archvile and same case of the mancubus, but if you want thanatos i can rip those and the other attack of imp and vulgar: the jump attack.

well thanks to you and team for make much better my mod i really like this =), i hope gzdoom could add the skulltag feature of the change of skin for the player/weapons, not for nothing i toke photos of those skins, i really like to see that......

other thing, this mod inspired me for add again the grabber, the script of the grabber was on the original mod ( and on vol 4 the grabber was there ready for use), but for reazon of incompatibilies was not possible on skulltag, but on gzdoom i guess that fact is 100% possible.

my note: 9.8/10 awesome

edit: not only adding more attacks i remember i saved "the others" : zsec machinegun, chainsaw guy, zombie on flames ( this need add the flame on his body), boney, wraith, and maggot.
DOOMERO-21

Postby Big C » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:42 pm

@Doomero:

Don't forget the hapless scientist/mechanic zombies. :mrgreen:

Also, are the zombies supposed to simply vanish with a shower of bloody mist and no gibs/mess/etc.? :?:

So I got to test the mod.

Boots up alright most of the time when I drag and drop. Sometimes it has a weird glitch of unknown nature and tells me that I cannot continue because...Normal is already the default difficulty or something. :? I'll try and find the error again and report the error message.

Forgive me for being informal or imprecise in my bug reports. This is the first time I've ever helped anyone with beta testing of anything. It's as much of a learning experience for me as it is for the devs here. :P

Also, my fear that this mod would alternately run deliciously and lag like a monster are confirmed. I tried setting the option to precache the GL textures, and it mostly worked but it still lags up, mainly when I move into a room full of enemies, presumably because the system is trying to juggle so many hirez sprites and GL effects at once.

Any advice for how to streamline my computer's processes or make GZDoom itself run faster?
Big C

Postby printz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Was there a decision not to give monsters timed pain reactions (so they only go in pain every three or so seconds)? I saw in that last video how the z-sec at the start moans at every hit.
printz
Eternity, Eureka and AutoDoom programmer

Github ID: ioan-chera
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Big C wrote:@Doomero:

Don't forget the hapless scientist/mechanic zombies. :mrgreen:

Also, are the zombies supposed to simply vanish with a shower of bloody mist and no gibs/mess/etc.? :?:

So I got to test the mod.

Boots up alright most of the time when I drag and drop. Sometimes it has a weird glitch of unknown nature and tells me that I cannot continue because...Normal is already the default difficulty or something. :? I'll try and find the error again and report the error message.

Forgive me for being informal or imprecise in my bug reports. This is the first time I've ever helped anyone with beta testing of anything. It's as much of a learning experience for me as it is for the devs here. :P

Also, my fear that this mod would alternately run deliciously and lag like a monster are confirmed. I tried setting the option to precache the GL textures, and it mostly worked but it still lags up, mainly when I move into a room full of enemies, presumably because the system is trying to juggle so many hirez sprites and GL effects at once.

Any advice for how to streamline my computer's processes or make GZDoom itself run faster?

the lag is becuase use lot of a_spawnitemex from some monsters like cacodemon or pain elemental....i guess this on skulltag will crash my pc anyway.....the other factor is the painattack maybe is possible to check if the pain elemental free 10 max forgottens and later he cant free again more...
DOOMERO-21

Postby Major Cooke » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Good luck with the update mate. If you need my help again, let me know.
Major Cooke
QZDoom Maintenance Team

Postby DOOMERO-21 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Major Cooke wrote:Good luck with the update mate. If you need my help again, let me know.

ok i added this for the moment:

vulgar and imp with jumpattack

imps walking like a cat, actualy this is a new monster

mancubus and archvile melee animation very needed....

i will give this pack for the dbt team very soon maybe today or tomorrow, all depend how many time take me the adition....
DOOMERO-21

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods