[Release] SD3TII (no updates 01/03/12)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: [Release] SuperDoom3: Take II

Post by Ghastly »

Anyone else think that Chainsaw Zombie attack sequence is really unfortunately hilarious?
CrystalWolf

Post by CrystalWolf »

I would like to mention that if at any point someone uses model rips from another game in a Doom mod, please make sure you rip the models at the highest quality settings. Some of the sprites in Super Doom 3 look absolutely hilarious.
maxashbb

Post by maxashbb »

help me it cant download gzdoom patch! :shock:
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

By the way! I must point out, for anyone who doesnt know, those videos and screenshots DOOMERO-21 posted here, are not from "SuperDoom3: Take II" (though, SD3TII does use all the other sprites for monsters and weapons found in the original mod). Just to avoid anyone asking at any point why those things are not in take II. They were just posted in the wrong place, since that new content is for his new incarnation of the original mod. For previews of the actual SD3TII mod, page one has screenshots and videos (though slighly outdated vs the released version).

@InsanityBringer & CrystalWolf: There are some that look a bit too weird indeed, but I wonder which ones look that horrible to you? Really, is just curiosity.
maxashbb wrote:help me it cant download gzdoom patch! :shock:
The Readme wrote: * How to use this? *

IMPORTANT: You must have the original SuperDoom3 mod.
You can find it over here:

---> http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25385

The GZdoom patch is not needed, just the main file.

Once you have the mod installed properly in you GZDoom folder,run the .bat file
named "SD3T2.bat", included with this file.

Alternatively, if you also want to play a vanilla levels PWAD, you can use the command
line, which should look like this...
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

CrystalWolf wrote:I would like to mention that if at any point someone uses model rips from another game in a Doom mod, please make sure you rip the models at the highest quality settings. Some of the sprites in Super Doom 3 look absolutely hilarious.
choose, original palette for all the mons: 600 mb, or doom palette 270 mb.

more hight quality mons: 1 gb, medium quality 300 mb. before of relase this i was choosing between those options oviusly i have the original sprites before the transformation but the bad is those could make your pc more slow or if you want to play mp increase the lag. the only with the biggest quality was the cyberdemon, arachnotron, hellknight and bruiser the rest around the 200 of height or 170 but is not bad....
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I think what he means is your Doom 3 video settings, for texture and lighting quality.
CrystalWolf

Post by CrystalWolf »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:choose, original palette for all the mons: 600 mb, or doom palette 270 mb.
Actually, honestly, I would rather this mod never existed in the first place, so that's kind of irrelevant. I was saying that if you're going to use model rips, there is no point using lower quality video settings, because then you lose any benefit of using sprites in the first place. At that point, you have a bunch of muddy looking sprites which are also off-palette.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

CrystalWolf wrote:
DOOMERO-21 wrote:choose, original palette for all the mons: 600 mb, or doom palette 270 mb.
Actually, honestly, I would rather this mod never existed in the first place, so that's kind of irrelevant. I was saying that if you're going to use model rips, there is no point using lower quality video settings, because then you lose any benefit of using sprites in the first place. At that point, you have a bunch of muddy looking sprites which are also off-palette.
ok your opinion, if you dont liked dont play....that so..
CrystalWolf

Post by CrystalWolf »

No. I already played it; that is why I don't like it.

Where do people saying "don't like don't play" get their logic? Does nobody else see a problem with this?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

CrystalWolf wrote:No. I already played it; that is why I don't like it.

Where do people saying "don't like don't play" get their logic? Does nobody else see a problem with this?
:nope:
The problem isn't "don't like don't play", the problem is "don't like don't critique". If you don't like it, nobody's forcing you to play it, so there's little point in complaining about that, but even if it's not your "flavor" of mod, you can (and should) still point out problems so they can be fixed... as long as they're technical issues and not based purely on opinion, of course. :P
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

@Ethril: I agree with what you say, but at this point, we've all spoken our minds. So, i'd prefer leaving the topic for actual feedback about the mod ;)

Anyway, here's a video I uploaded a week before the release, but never made public until now.
Spoiler:
I gotta say, playing through Memento Mori 2 was exceptionally interesting. mostly for the fact that is not a BFG based megawad. As a matter of fact, it takes you ages before you can find one, which makes you learn to use all the other weapons (though in this vid, I hardly used anything else). I had quite some fun playing it, since it was hard (with take II loaded in UV), dark, moody (music helped me a lot here too), and non monster-spamming. So, it did fit quite nicely for what I had in mind.

I'd suggest you to try the mod with this megawad :D
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

DBThanatos wrote:@Ethril: I agree with what you say, but at this point, we've all spoken our minds. So, i'd prefer leaving the topic for actual feedback about the mod ;)

Anyway, here's a video I uploaded a week before the release, but never made public until now.
Spoiler:
I gotta say, playing through Memento Mori 2 was exceptionally interesting. mostly for the fact that is not a BFG based megawad. As a matter of fact, it takes you ages before you can find one, which makes you learn to use all the other weapons (though in this vid, I hardly used anything else). I had quite some fun playing it, since it was hard (with take II loaded in UV), dark, moody (music helped me a lot here too), and non monster-spamming. So, it did fit quite nicely for what I had in mind.

I'd suggest you to try the mod with this megawad :D
well i guess you know dbthanatos the most confortable wads for this: wads with hordes of monsters are not recomended, you know those attack you at the same time and each missile with a_spawnitemex , spawning actors could slow your pc and request a lot of memory....i play wads like doom, doom, tnt (plutonia the only exception) and the gameplay is very confortable, other wad i played are njdoom2 or darken2 are perfect.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

The best wads to use are those that are not monster spamming, not only because of performance but also because of difficulty, since the skills in the mod are slightly above average, meaning that if you want to play Hell Revealed 2 in UV, you'll probably die right away.

But the reason I suggested MM2, is not only because of this, but because it builds up pretty nicely. Even in doom2, in map 08 you'll get a BFG. Same for monsters. Quite some time before you get to see a cyberdemon, making the encounter pretty nice to deal with :P
DOOMERO-21

Re: [Release] SD3TII

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

a friend called "DiegoMula" make a tribute of this mod
DBThanatos

Re: [Release] SD3TII

Post by DBThanatos »

Whoa. I love it. Also, 1080? Nice :D

I think Im going to use it in page 1 as the "trailer".

Return to “Gameplay Mods”