Regenerating Health

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Regenerating Health

Postby CaptainToenail » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:23 pm

This mod iss a simple experiment to see how regenerating health, a gameplay mechanic accepted as the norm for modern shooters effects the gameplay of Doom. All armour and health pickups except Berserk are removed from the map, and the player now takes 1.5 damage to compensate for regenerating health. Please tell me what it's like using it :)
Attachments
TOEREGEN.zip
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 1339 times
CaptainToenail

Re: Regenerating Health

Postby Lord Misfit » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Not sure if you knew of this bug, but if you die, your health still regenerates regardless. o.o;

As for the mechanic, I'm not fully sure what to say yet. Interesting though without the items. :P
Lord Misfit
Servant of Aetherius? Servant of Siel?

Discord: Lord Misfit#9594

Postby Salad Viking » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Won't work on any map that wasn't designed with this gameplay in mind. Hitscanners jack you up, and the combined effects of removing armor and 1.5x damage means any situation where you're given lots of health and armor but are likely to get hit a lot is utterly unwinnable. Try to beat MAP23 of DVII and see what I mean.
Salad Viking
There's too much blood in my sugar system.

Postby Se7eNytes » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Maybe have a Berserk Pack that spawns every once in a great while in place of all the removed items.
Se7eNytes

Discord: Moon#5126
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ghastly » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Salad Viking wrote:DVII

Well, there's your problem. :P
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Return to Gameplay Mods