Diaz v3 - Random Public Beta #3.5! [p.13]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Diaz v3 - Important Update! [p.4]

Postby wildweasel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:06 pm

I am now recruiting help for specific tasks for the mod. Please let me know if you can help with the following:
  • I am looking for new sprites for the Assault Mecha so I can toss the Strife rips. Design is up to you, but must be larger than the player, and currently I have it coded to fire twin lasers, a machine gun, and a six-shot missile launcher, so you could probably design it around that.
  • The Mauser rifle, in retrospect, kind of sucks, so I plan to have its graphics replaced. It still ought to be a Mauser rifle, but it could stand to be much, much better. =P
  • If anyone feels they can design a new HUD (I wish to change the status bar to better emphasize which weapon slots contain which weapons), I will code and graphic the new HUD, but I think my design needs a lot of work. The new status bar will probably have the same brushed-metal style as the current one.
  • Voice actors for the enemies. Some of the enemies are already custom-acted (the SWAT men with Judgment pistols and the Cultists) but the rest rely on voices from commercial games. See my needed list below.
  • Lastly, I'm looking for someone to completely rewrite the Lance Driver super-weapon. The current weapon...kind of sucks. Anything that could add to the spectacle would be awesome. - Icytux et al

And here's the list of characters whose voices need replacing:
  • Agent Diaz (female, full set of player sounds and taunts)
  • Civilians (standard zombiemen)
  • UAC Security (SMG-carrying zombies)
  • PMCs (shotgunners) - TheDoomGuy
  • Magnum guys (will be under a helmet-filter) - TheDoomGuy (he's lined up for both parts but I will still take submissions for either one)
  • Slugthrower guys (helmeted)
  • Flamethrower guys (helmeted)
  • The Assault Mecha (robotic AI voice)
  • Assault Riflemen - Lizardcommando
  • Psionics Test Subjects (if you can sound extremely angry and insane, this part's for you!)
  • Also looking for generic burning-death, taser-death, disintegration-death voices
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Re: Diaz v3 - Coders, Actors, and Spriters needed! [p.5]

Postby Salad Viking » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

I wouldn't mind helping to work on the mod, but I'm not too skilled in any of the areas necessary. If I tried to do any VA, it'd sound way too silly for the mod. I suppose I could attempt to do the HUD, but it wouldn't be as good as many others could do. I guess I'll just wait for others to do the work. :)

On a side note, I like the Mauser. You're sure you want to change it?
Salad Viking
There's too much blood in my sugar system.

Postby TheDoomGuy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:51 pm

I'd be happy to try for one one of the soldiers, or even the Assault Mecha. I have a deep voice (but I can do high ones too). :D I think I have a pretty good voice... if you want to send me a PM with some characters/lines you'd like for me to try out (and, if possible, specifics of the voice, such as deepness, hoarseness, inflection, etc.) I'd go right ahead and do them for ya. :)

My voice is pretty diverse, so I'm up for anything. I'm also pretty good with grunts and things.
TheDoomGuy

Postby lizardcommando » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:59 pm

I can provide voices for one of the enemies. Do you mind if my voice kind of sounds like the enemy soldiers from MGS3?
lizardcommando
Thread killer

Postby wildweasel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:59 pm

lizardcommando wrote:I can provide voices for one of the enemies. Do you mind if my voice kind of sounds like the enemy soldiers from MGS3?

That alone makes you a perfect fit for the assault riflemen (who I forgot to list), as their voice currently is the soldiers from MGS3. =P
TheDoomGuy wrote:I'd be happy to try for one one of the soldiers, or even the Assault Mecha. I have a deep voice (but I can do high ones too). :D I think I have a pretty good voice... if you want to send me a PM with some characters/lines you'd like for me to try out (and, if possible, specifics of the voice, such as deepness, hoarseness, inflection, etc.) I'd go right ahead and do them for ya. :)

My voice is pretty diverse, so I'm up for anything. I'm also pretty good with grunts and things.

I'll PM you with a list of lines, but improvisation is recommended as well.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Zero X. Diamond » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 pm

You can feel free to reuse/repurpose any voices I already did for Hernandez and I'd be more than happy to toss in some more for this. I also do plan to finish the new test subject sprites, but they're currently on a hard drive in a computer that's having motherboard issues.

EDIT: And specifically, I'd be down for doing new test subject sounds. I'm working at a haunted house this month for the second year in a row so now would be the perfect time for me to do something like that.
Zero X. Diamond
Now get your ass out there and save the world!

Re: Diaz v3 - Important Update! [p.4]

Postby NeuralStunner » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:31 pm

wildweasel wrote:
  • Psionics Test Subjects (if you can sound extremely angry and insane, this part's for you!)
Heh heh heh. I might throw something your way if there's no other takers on this. :twisted:
NeuralStunner
Not "Neutral"

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Apothem » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:48 pm

I offer a wide array of voices, if you need anything I can do a session with you and find exactly what you're looking for. My range is very wide and my voice is very VERY elastic so if you need it, lemme know. I could probably do a large chunk of the list. If you need a demo of what I can do I can send you a sample.

As far as doing an actual recording, my preference is to do it via a voice chat. I do a local, high quality recording, while you can listen in and help me zero in on the voice(s) that you're looking for. But like I said, let me know what you want to do. I think I have your AIM around here somewhere.
Apothem
ACS scripting makes my head go BooM!

Postby Matt » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm tempted to offer to try a creepy, vaguely GlaDOS-esque voice for the mech. :X
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby wildweasel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:20 am

Vaecrius wrote:I'm tempted to offer to try a creepy, vaguely GlaDOS-esque voice for the mech. :X

Actually yes, a GlaDOS style male voice would add to the creepy factor.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Cardboard Marty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:53 pm

I can take care of any other voices you need, it's good to have some variation so maybe take multiple entries for each one?
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby hitmanx » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 pm

I can try for any of the male roles. Crazy psi dude sounds my style. Could you pm me a list of lines to do?
hitmanx
What happened to my face ^

Postby chronoteeth » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm super excited for this, I can't wait. Yet, one question though, why the sudden change in heart on resources not originally made? You yourself said before that you had no problem with it, so why the decision to keep it original sources? :o
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby wildweasel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:27 pm

chronoteeth wrote:I'm super excited for this, I can't wait. Yet, one question though, why the sudden change in heart on resources not originally made? You yourself said before that you had no problem with it, so why the decision to keep it original sources? :o

It's my goal to have this mod be enjoyable for as many people as possible. Some folks have said that, although the mod might play good, they have dismissed it entirely due to the resources I ripped. I'm convinced that we as a community can do a better job than this, so I'm taking the initiative in replacing everything I can with (arguably) better stuff.

Then the only people who won't like the mod are the people that think it's "not Doom". =P
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Trooper 077 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:08 pm

As long as you dont touch the judgement,P50,And the Tatical SMG(MP40) Im happy as hell

Although I always hated the Ak(I think it was called the scorpion?) I would pay to see that thing replaced
Trooper 077
Problem Solver

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods