Diaz v3 - Random Public Beta #3.5! [p.13]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: Diaz v3 - Random Public Beta #3.5! [p.13]

Post by Slax »

(Hey, this won't even be a necropost!)

Any chance Diaz will get a mid-2012 update? Nazis can't get all of the love, right?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Don't get your hopes up. I've been taking a break from it and I have no idea how long that'll last.
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Personally, I think this is probably one of the most well-balanced mods I've played.

Too bad that Lady Inspiration seems to be bit finicky when it comes to this mod. Would love to see update in future. Preferably in the near future. :)
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I know this a bit of a bump, but I just wanted to say that this is one of the BEST DooM mods ever! I've had lots of fun with previous versions, and continue to enjoy the current one. I just love the realism of it!
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

I don't see how shooting fictional creatures with what seems to be endless supplies of ammo, and at the same time having the ability to run one hundred miles per hour can be thought of as - realism.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

The weapons themselves, is what I mean. No game can be 100% realistic and be fun at the same time, but the closer one can get while still finding things fun, the better!
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

I agree to what you're trying to say. I actually enjoy so called "realism", in games myself. However, I always have had some quake, and mario love. If you know what I mean.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I had totally forgotten about the psi amp! Have you ever considered making a System Shock 2 TC, or even just the weapons and ammo types?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Naniyue wrote:I had totally forgotten about the psi amp! Have you ever considered making a System Shock 2 TC, or even just the weapons and ammo types?
System Shock 2 is about far more than the weapons, in my opinion. I would not be able to do the game justice with a simple gameplay patch.
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

wildweasel wrote:Don't get your hopes up. I've been taking a break from it and I have no idea how long that'll last.
GREAT NEWS!

In my opnin, may be unpopular but, I'd get the rid of that psi amp and repalce the nakatomi micro shotgun with another "more pratical" one, for instace I found out this:

maybe without that iron sight, or maybe something like:

or even:

the author made it avaiable (link in youtube video description)

(the latter one is my favorite, very original :P

over...
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

people have suggested the shotgun to be replaced for a long time now. Psi amp is super useful, cause it incapacitates more than kills, giving you a possible temp shield from enemy attacks.

WW's workin on other stuff right now. He'll get back to it when its a good enough time to go back to it
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I've finally started using the mini shotgun effectively, so I have no problem with it staying in, though even just a couple more rounds of capacity would be nice. Is there a model of the actual weapon that holds up to six shots?

KEEP THE PSI AMP! I find it rather useful, regardless of my love for SS2.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

There will be a new shotgun if I get back to this, and it will replace the mini shotgun. It will not be any of these.
HexaDoken

Post by HexaDoken »

To be honest I find psiamp rather useless - it is only practical when ammo is a tough factor. As for shotgun, it is the most practical weapon out of all - it's not the most powerful, but I still end up using it half of the time. And not just because silly mapper is silly and 90% of the ammo on the map are shells.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Time for a bump!

Okay guys, so hypothetically things might be rumbling in the labs of Weasel/Kirra, and now that we've had some time to digest this, I would like some feedback! Diaz has been out for quite a while and Hernandez got a beta release some time ago. What are your favorite features of both, and what would you like to see? I encourage you guys to formulate your opinion and take into consideration the ENTIRE gameplay, not just the weapons (so enemies and other gameplay junk count too!). Please don't turn this thread into a "can you put x gun in?" However, if you'd like to see a certain kind of weapon, or even hate/dislike a current one, don't hesitate to mention it!

To address current concerns, if some sort of update were to be in the works possibly, the shotgun will be replaced. What it is, I'm not too sure. Weasel and I both have our ideas and what route we would want to take with it, but it's definitely going. The current idea is to make this version as big of a jump as the jump was from ww-diaz to wwhc-diaz.

hopefully renaming the pk3 "wwmk-diazv3" cough cough cough. seriously, do you now how many people forget that I was involved in this? like everyone ever.

Go for it, ladies and gentleman! We eagerly await to hear your feedback!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”