[Release] Parkour -- v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Parkour Mod [Beta.C]

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:43 pm

cq75 wrote:I've never felt the bullet firing function of the chaingun was very useful, I rarely use it. I usually don't like guns that need to warm up while firing (I hate wasting bullets, and it doesn't feel like I'm in control of the weapon).

I find it useful for taking down larger critters, and also in situations where I might want to use both rockets/grenades and bullets. I don't use it as a mainstay weapon for the reasons you mentioned. When I need rapid fire bullets I usually use the dual pistols.
Nate
Iron Caster

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 pm

The only real thing that irked me with this mod was how seriously useless the double sawed-offs are. The standard shotgun is alot more accurate and seems to be more powerful than the sawed-offs are. Might want to buff them.
OH, and also, maybe change the text for the pick-ups? SO that they're coherent to the weapons, I mean.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby cq75 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:02 pm

The sawn offs were my favorite weapons, I'd say they're about on par with the shotgun on power per shot fired, but, like the super shotgun, they have a larger spread. They fire faster than the standard shotgun, which makes up for their small clip

also - the shotgun was always more accurate than the super shotgun, I consider it to be the closest thing doom has to a sniper rifle
cq75
I've given myself a number, and taken away my name.

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby ChronoSeth » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Doomhuntress wrote:The only real thing that irked me with this mod was how seriously useless the double sawed-offs are. The standard shotgun is alot more accurate and seems to be more powerful than the sawed-offs are. Might want to buff them.

Firing both shells out of both sawed-offs has the same power as two SSG shots, but an overall increased firing speed. You can kill a cacodemon with one burst, so I don't think they need any more "buffing up".
ChronoSeth
You are totally unique, just like everyone else.

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:46 am

I see. So the sawed-offs is a close combat weapon good for taking out big labour like Hell Nobles, and the shotgun is for the standard variety of enemies you'll face, right?
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby Mikk- » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:15 am

cq75 wrote:The sawn offs were my favorite weapons, I'd say they're about on par with the shotgun on power per shot fired, but, like the super shotgun, they have a larger spread. They fire faster than the standard shotgun, which makes up for their small clip

also - the shotgun was always more accurate than the super shotgun, I consider it to be the closest thing doom has to a sniper rifle

What about when you fire the pistol, but not hold it down, or the chaingun? They're both pinpoint accurate on the first shot.
Mikk-
yooooooooooo

Discord: Mikk0451#3922

Postby Ethril » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:33 am

cq75 wrote:hmm... I just tried this in chex quest 3 for laughs, it works! Kind of.

I think Captain Ventris pointed that out at some point previously, making special note of the DUAL WIELDING BOOTSPOOOOONS.

And yeah, the chaingun is Doom's sniper rifle. Or the railgun, if you count mods and/or Skulltag. :P
Ethril
F1

Postby Jimmy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:34 am

It was me, actually, on page 5. ;)
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Postby Captain Ventris » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 am

Jimmy wrote:It was me, actually, on page 5. ;)

With the lead pipe.
Captain Ventris
Buy my novel, “The Shadow Among The Stars” on Amazon!

Postby Dayve » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm eagerly waiting to see a change. This needs a new version or if it's being worked on badly then good. But also waiting will make it more delicious =9
Dayve

Postby wildweasel » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Dayve wrote:I'm eagerly waiting to see a change. This needs a new version or if it's being worked on badly then good. But also waiting will make it more delicious =9

what.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Ryan Cordell » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:03 am

Well, hope you don't mind at all for this tiny, tiny little pimp Xaser but, my YouTube channel has several vids of me playing through some TNT maps with Parkour. :P
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Re: [Release] Parkour -- v1.0

Postby Xaser » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Parkour v1.0 is out!

Not too much has changed since the last version -- luckily, the bugrate was pretty low and and it didn't need much mucking around with. Still, it's got a better status bar ammo display and enhanced compatibility with Brutal Doom Lite (with proper deaths and everything), so it's something. ;)

That should be the last call for the mod proper, assuming there's no bugs, so I've uploaded it to /idgames. I'll update the links when it's up.

Now to see if I can make a Zan-compatible version... ;)
Xaser
anarchivist

Postby RV-007 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Wow, this mod is like the Doom Matrix! Make Agent Smith lol.
RV-007
anti-13ashar_society, lol
Banned User

Postby Slax » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:01 am

D'aww, the trailer made me hope for a grappling attack. Ride them cacos!
Slax
Saucy.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods