[Release] Parkour -- v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nate

Re: [WIP] Parkour Mod [Beta.C]

Post by Nate »

cq75 wrote: I've never felt the bullet firing function of the chaingun was very useful, I rarely use it. I usually don't like guns that need to warm up while firing (I hate wasting bullets, and it doesn't feel like I'm in control of the weapon).
I find it useful for taking down larger critters, and also in situations where I might want to use both rockets/grenades and bullets. I don't use it as a mainstay weapon for the reasons you mentioned. When I need rapid fire bullets I usually use the dual pistols.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

The only real thing that irked me with this mod was how seriously useless the double sawed-offs are. The standard shotgun is alot more accurate and seems to be more powerful than the sawed-offs are. Might want to buff them.
OH, and also, maybe change the text for the pick-ups? SO that they're coherent to the weapons, I mean.
cq75
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by cq75 »

The sawn offs were my favorite weapons, I'd say they're about on par with the shotgun on power per shot fired, but, like the super shotgun, they have a larger spread. They fire faster than the standard shotgun, which makes up for their small clip

also - the shotgun was always more accurate than the super shotgun, I consider it to be the closest thing doom has to a sniper rifle
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Doomhuntress wrote:The only real thing that irked me with this mod was how seriously useless the double sawed-offs are. The standard shotgun is alot more accurate and seems to be more powerful than the sawed-offs are. Might want to buff them.
Firing both shells out of both sawed-offs has the same power as two SSG shots, but an overall increased firing speed. You can kill a cacodemon with one burst, so I don't think they need any more "buffing up".
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

I see. So the sawed-offs is a close combat weapon good for taking out big labour like Hell Nobles, and the shotgun is for the standard variety of enemies you'll face, right?
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

cq75 wrote:The sawn offs were my favorite weapons, I'd say they're about on par with the shotgun on power per shot fired, but, like the super shotgun, they have a larger spread. They fire faster than the standard shotgun, which makes up for their small clip

also - the shotgun was always more accurate than the super shotgun, I consider it to be the closest thing doom has to a sniper rifle
What about when you fire the pistol, but not hold it down, or the chaingun? They're both pinpoint accurate on the first shot.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

cq75 wrote:hmm... I just tried this in chex quest 3 for laughs, it works! Kind of.
I think Captain Ventris pointed that out at some point previously, making special note of the DUAL WIELDING BOOTSPOOOOONS.

And yeah, the chaingun is Doom's sniper rifle. Or the railgun, if you count mods and/or Skulltag. :P
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

It was me, actually, on page 5. ;)
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Jimmy wrote:It was me, actually, on page 5. ;)
With the lead pipe.
Dayve

Post by Dayve »

I'm eagerly waiting to see a change. This needs a new version or if it's being worked on badly then good. But also waiting will make it more delicious =9
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Dayve wrote:I'm eagerly waiting to see a change. This needs a new version or if it's being worked on badly then good. But also waiting will make it more delicious =9
what.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Well, hope you don't mind at all for this tiny, tiny little pimp Xaser but, my YouTube channel has several vids of me playing through some TNT maps with Parkour. :P
Xaser

Re: [Release] Parkour -- v1.0

Post by Xaser »

Parkour v1.0 is out!

Not too much has changed since the last version -- luckily, the bugrate was pretty low and and it didn't need much mucking around with. Still, it's got a better status bar ammo display and enhanced compatibility with Brutal Doom Lite (with proper deaths and everything), so it's something. ;)

That should be the last call for the mod proper, assuming there's no bugs, so I've uploaded it to /idgames. I'll update the links when it's up.

Now to see if I can make a Zan-compatible version... ;)
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Wow, this mod is like the Doom Matrix! Make Agent Smith lol.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

D'aww, the trailer made me hope for a grappling attack. Ride them cacos!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”