[WIP] Project MSX - Beta 2 (v0.2a) July 22, 2013 Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Project MSX - Beta 2 (v0.2a) July 22, 2013 Update!

Postby chronoteeth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Make it somethin with a shit ton of speed! Like weak but very fast. Its like DMC1: The sword was fast but weak, but the gauntlets were slow but powerful. You could see if you could work somethin' like the combos from zendynamic's machete into it, to give it variety, but hey if ya seem adamant on it theres only very few ways to go about it!
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Mav3rick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:56 am

arm blade as new weapon? seems useless and waste of time creating something that is no realy needed, now if it means add a blade to the fist for a wide damage mmmm maybe it will work.

now about new secundary action for the guns that sound nice and very refreshing.

for the pistol instead dual-wield why no better add some elemental damage with some chance of explosion, damage over time or even some spread damage? the bullets with fire may light enemies on fire and damage near ones, with electricity it can do a chain reaction hiting others, ice can freeze them and make the close ones slower? yet when switch to secundary funtion the clip in the gun will change to 5 or 6 bullets since this kind of bullet is more strong, and lets be honest there is no enemy that drop that ammo in the actual enemy list, only the ones in megaherz pack can...

maybe for the shotgun the spread pellets can reduce to be more tight and accurate if need it to use on long distant shots?

for the autocannon maybe twin slugs? two bullets at the same time is slow and no so fast as normal shot or keeping the secundary function press may add more ammo and power to the shot like some kind or charge shot, like the pulse rifle?..

oh for the pulse rifle can you remove the constant bzbzbzbzbzbzbz it get very very annoying at some point and maybe when switch on fire mode the animation in the weapon look diferent? and no the same in the both mode?

keep up the good work :)
Mav3rick
Need some light??

Postby Mikk- » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:18 am

How about for the charged attack the arm blade unleashes a beam of energy which passes through multiple foes similar to Demon Eclipse's vorpal blade?
Mikk-
yooooooooooo

Discord: Mikk0451#3922

Postby ArielBoss » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:57 am

And how about a spear secundary attack?Like scorpion? :3:
ok, maybe not
ArielBoss
Back from the dead, just like Caleb

Postby Valherran » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Mav3rick wrote:oh for the pulse rifle can you remove the constant bzbzbzbzbzbzbz it get very very annoying at some point and maybe when switch on fire mode the animation in the weapon look diferent? and no the same in the both mode?

I dunno, I kinda like the buzzing sound cus it reminds me that I am on a certain fire mode at all times, but that's just me.
Valherran

Postby LordTrampa » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:55 pm

I am Doom player since 1996, and I was always aware of the community-wide effort to improve this game that is a legend and that is as valid today as it was released. I registered just to thank you for your effort as this mod has rejuvenated this classic game.

In my humble opinion this mod is almost complete, perhaps somewhat reduced the amount of grenades you can carry, 15 seems too much. And maybe (not sure if this is easy to implement) the Sniper Gauss Cannon bullets pass through multiple enemies in a straight line, maybe enemies with small mass, not the CyberDemon or the SpiderMastermind. And the idea of ​​akimbo pistols seems very good.

A big hug from Uruguay.
LordTrampa

Postby TheRailgunner » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:40 pm

LordTrampa wrote:And maybe (not sure if this is easy to implement) the Sniper Gauss Cannon bullets pass through multiple enemies in a straight line, maybe enemies with small mass, not the CyberDemon or the SpiderMastermind. And the idea of ​​akimbo pistols seems very good.

This would necessitate the addition of a +DONTRIP flag to both bosses and a +RIPPER flag to the Sniper's projectiles.
TheRailgunner
Don't let fascism win. Not in the US, or anywhere in the world.

Postby Valherran » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 pm

LordTrampa wrote:In my humble opinion this mod is almost complete, perhaps somewhat reduced the amount of grenades you can carry, 15 seems too much..

15 is just fine, if you are always full and finding them all over, you need to step up the difficulty and use them more. Trust me, when you play on Masochist or 1 setting below it, you will always be needing them. I have had a hard time keeping my grenade count past 5. :lol:
Valherran

Postby MagSigmaX » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:04 pm

chronoteeth wrote:Make it somethin with a shit ton of speed! Like weak but very fast. Its like DMC1: The sword was fast but weak, but the gauntlets were slow but powerful. You could see if you could work somethin' like the combos from zendynamic's machete into it, to give it variety, but hey if ya seem adamant on it theres only very few ways to go about it!

That could be viable. Making the blade do less damage than the fists but they are faster and have more range. I will have to tweak the fists normal attack for that though.
Mav3rick wrote:or the pistol instead dual-wield why no better add some elemental damage with some chance of explosion, damage over time or even some spread damage? the bullets with fire may light enemies on fire and damage near ones, with electricity it can do a chain reaction hiting others, ice can freeze them and make the close ones slower? yet when switch to secundary funtion the clip in the gun will change to 5 or 6 bullets since this kind of bullet is more strong, and lets be honest there is no enemy that drop that ammo in the actual enemy list, only the ones in megaherz pack can...

Elemental damage? I don't think that fits the mod very well since elemental damage is not implemented as a part of the core gameplay. I'll go for the akimbo pistols for the alternate mode of that weapon. But thanks for the suggestion.
Mav3rick wrote:maybe for the shotgun the spread pellets can reduce to be more tight and accurate if need it to use on long distant shots?

The Autoshotgun will have a Burst-fire mode and I already thought for a "focused shot mode" for the Nailshotgun, the Impaler mode, which will focus all the nails in one tight spot. :P
Mav3rick wrote:for the autocannon maybe twin slugs? two bullets at the same time is slow and no so fast as normal shot or keeping the secundary function press may add more ammo and power to the shot like some kind or charge shot, like the pulse rifle?..

For the Autocannon I thought in giving it a Turbo mode, that will make the gun fire ridiculously fast (at the cost of making the weapon more difficult to control)
Mav3rick wrote:oh for the pulse rifle can you remove the constant bzbzbzbzbzbzbz it get very very annoying at some point and maybe when switch on fire mode the animation in the weapon look diferent? and no the same in the both mode?

I won't remove the buzzing sound for the Pulse mode of the Concussion Pulse Rifle, but I will change slightly to look of the weapon to slightly differentiate that mode from Shock mode.
LordTrampa wrote:I am Doom player since 1996, and I was always aware of the community-wide effort to improve this game that is a legend and that is as valid today as it was released. I registered just to thank you for your effort as this mod has rejuvenated this classic game.

In my humble opinion this mod is almost complete, perhaps somewhat reduced the amount of grenades you can carry, 15 seems too much. And maybe (not sure if this is easy to implement) the Sniper Gauss Cannon bullets pass through multiple enemies in a straight line, maybe enemies with small mass, not the CyberDemon or the SpiderMastermind. And the idea of ​​akimbo pistols seems very good.

A big hug from Uruguay.

Thanks man! And the Sniper Gauss Cannon do penetrate enemies, but It can only penetrate up to 6 grunts/kabros, the reason is that Gauss Cannon is a projectile weapon, not hitscan. It fires 6 fastprojectiles at the same time.

Also, the votes in favor for the arm blade are increasing... interesting...
MagSigmaX
GREAT SCOTT!! A flying DeLorean?!

Postby Yholl » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 am

I honestly do not see the point in adding an armblade onto a fist that can atomize demons. And all the demons near him. And the shockwave goes back through time and kills all the demons that were in that part of the level when you played it last week. And another shockwave goes forward in time and disintegrates all the demons that will be in there next time you play the level.

Seriously, it's like the greatest melee weapon ever, I don't think you would tape a sword onto a nuke just because it would stab something in addition to erasing it.

Just my opinion, heh.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby DEDLI » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:41 am

Mav3rick wrote:for the pistol instead dual-wield why no better add some elemental damage with some chance of explosion, damage over time or even some spread damage? the bullets with fire may light enemies on fire and damage near ones, with electricity it can do a chain reaction hiting others, ice can freeze them and make the close ones slower? yet when switch to secundary funtion the clip in the gun will change to 5 or 6 bullets since this kind of bullet is more strong, and lets be honest there is no enemy that drop that ammo in the actual enemy list, only the ones in megaherz pack can...

maybe for the shotgun the spread pellets can reduce to be more tight and accurate if need it to use on long distant shots?

for the autocannon maybe twin slugs? two bullets at the same time is slow and no so fast as normal shot or keeping the secundary function press may add more ammo and power to the shot like some kind or charge shot, like the pulse rifle?..

sounds like you wanna dip into some borderlands territory
DEDLI

Postby LordTrampa » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:15 am

One last tiny suggestion, maybe the suit could have toggleable night vision, and make some small sound when turned On and Off, and when is On consumes energy from the suit. Here in the forum there is a post with a very simple script that you could use as reference: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37011
LordTrampa

Postby Valherran » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:22 am

LordTrampa wrote:One last tiny suggestion, maybe the suit could have toggleable night vision, and make some small sound when turned On and Off, and when is On consumes energy from the suit. Here in the forum there is a post with a very simple script that you could use as reference: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37011

Would make the power up that spawns on the ground useless... Maybe a headlamp instead?
Valherran

Postby Mav3rick » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:52 am

Valherran wrote:I dunno, I kinda like the buzzing sound cus it reminds me that I am on a certain fire mode at all times, but that's just me.

i guess is because the headset :P

MagSigmaX wrote:Elemental damage? I don't think that fits the mod very well since elemental damage is not implemented as a part of the core gameplay. I'll go for the akimbo pistols for the alternate mode of that weapon. But thanks for the suggestion.

The Autoshotgun will have a Burst-fire mode and I already thought for a "focused shot mode" for the Nailshotgun, the Impaler mode, which will focus all the nails in one tight spot. :P

For the Autocannon I thought in giving it a Turbo mode, that will make the gun fire ridiculously fast (at the cost of making the weapon more difficult to control)

I won't remove the buzzing sound for the Pulse mode of the Concussion Pulse Rifle, but I will change slightly to look of the weapon to slightly differentiate that mode from Shock mode.

okie dokie boss ;)

Dreadflame wrote:sounds like you wanna dip into some borderlands territory

well i was no even aware of that ooppss :oops:
Mav3rick
Need some light??

Postby DEDLI » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Valherran wrote:Would make the power up that spawns on the ground useless... Maybe a headlamp instead?

I wouldn't much miss light amplification goggle pickups if it was built into the player as another side function. Besides, I think it kind of makes sense that the player character would have that technological advantage, being a high-tech supersoldier. Also, it could open up the opportunity for the light goggle pickup to be replaced with another new pickup, like perhaps a energy amplifier battery that temporarily reinforces players suit power, giving the player a little bit of time to be able to max charge a couple punches or grenades without the danger of rerouting shields and dying in a split second? just food for thought
DEDLI

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods