[WIP] Project MSX - Beta 2 (v0.2a) July 22, 2013 Update!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [WIP] Project MSX - Beta 2 (v0.2a) July 22, 2013 Update!

Post by DoomKrakken »

Nrmlfishrwhalespum, I can give you my version if the download link isn't working still...
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Hey, MagSigmaX...

In your next version of Project MSX, can you switch around the controls, so that the functions of GZDoom's Secondary Firing Function (the melee strikes) and your custom Alternate Weapon Function (scoping and changing firing functions) are swapped? This way, GZDoom's Secondary Firing Function makes it so that the weapons do their alternate weapon functions (if they have such functions) and your custom Alternate Weapon Function has the player do a melee strike with the weapon (or charge the Mega Punch if using fists).
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alteisen

Post by Alteisen »

So is there no Rad Suit power-up for this mod? And what does the Defense Sphere do? Does it upgrades your shield?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alteisen wrote:So is there no Rad Suit power-up for this mod? And what does the Defense Sphere do? Does it upgrades your shield?
Nope. No Radsuit. You have a recharging shield, though... but the lack of radsuit for preserving shield is a bit annoying when you have overshield you want to conserve. But still, the recharging shield would make your powersuit into a radsuit, in essence, as it protects your health.

Also, the Defense Sphere makes it so that you (your shields and health) take 50% less overall damage, while active.
cem26

Post by cem26 »

you should make badass kick,like brutel doom
Big C

Post by Big C »

cem26 wrote:you should make badass kick,like brutel doom
He already has instant-melee, so no. He shouldn't. Hell, his mod arguably has SMOOTHER melee combat than Brutal DooM and its useless fatalities.

Also, READ THE NEW RULES: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 78#p810131
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Big C wrote:
He already has instant-melee, so no. He shouldn't. Hell, his mod arguably has SMOOTHER melee combat than Brutal DooM and its useless fatalities.

Also, READ THE NEW RULES: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 78#p810131
Maybe you should re-read his post. He ain't talking about the fatalities, m8. And a kick would be awesome.
Also I fail to see how mentioning a feature used by said mod warrants telling him to "read the new rules".
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Can the mods please lock this thread? Ever since there was a necrobump a little while back, this thread has been getting kicked around uselessly, and it's getting rather annoying seeing this thing dug up so often.

Not to mention the author's inactive (as far as I'm aware).
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

MagSigmaX has been known to have long periods of inactivity, so it would be unfair to just close his thread.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Shows what I know. :shrug: Eh well. Live and let live then. Thanks Weasel.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

No need. There's already a melee strike you can do with any weapon. I've no clue why Sarge didn't do a weapon swing in Brutal Doom...
wildweasel wrote: MagSigmaX has been known to have long periods of inactivity, so it would be unfair to just close his thread.
About how long?
Alteisen

Post by Alteisen »

From the mod itself, most aspects are well-polished. But the first-person sprites looks a bit grainy.

While we're at it, how about like a Slug shot alt fire for the Autoshotgun and a High-recoil spreadshot from the Nail Shotgun that uses all 4 shells?

I'm still hopeful for an update for this truly amazing mod.
Are there any existing add-ons to this mod?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Alteisen wrote:From the mod itself, most aspects are well-polished. But the first-person sprites looks a bit grainy.

Grainy? How?
Alteisen wrote:While we're at it, how about like a Slug shot alt fire for the Autoshotgun and a High-recoil spreadshot from the Nail Shotgun that uses all 4 shells?
HELL NO.

How would that even work for these weapons? It would just make them unrealistic.

Now, if you want a slug shot, maybe you could make a request for the player to unload the weapon and instead of reloading more 12 Gauge shells, he puts in a magazine of slug shot shells, which are stored in a separate ammo pool. This action would be triggered with the Alternate Weapon Function. It'd be similar to this shotgun I've heard about in the next version of Marty Kirra's "The Space Pirate" which uses 4 different kinds of shells, but only uses one shell type at a time. As for the Nailshotgun, no. Just... no.
Alteisen wrote:I'm still hopeful for an update for this truly amazing mod.
You and me both.
Alteisen wrote:Are there any existing add-ons to this mod?
Yes. There's this Extra Badass Monsters Pack: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36968

And there's this Multiple IWAD Support Pack: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... t+MSX+MISP

That's all I know about...
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

It'd be similar to this shotgun I've heard about in the next version of Marty Kirra's "The Space Pirate" which uses 4 different kinds of shells, but only uses one shell type at a time.
That's actually in the current version already.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”