Sangelothi Mods (NeoCore v5 RELEASED PG.26)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Sangelothi Mods (NeoCore v5 RELEASED PG.26)

Postby Sangelothi » Wed May 27, 2020 4:45 pm

I was gonna more attack patterns. I'll do this as well!
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby -Ghost- » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Have you considered more gear or upgrades or anything like that? Maybe stim/shield boosters that permenantly increase your caps by +2 or +5 or something.
-Ghost-

Postby Sangelothi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:48 am

I finished a set of corpses to replace some of the props, they'll be lootable, dropping smaller ammo and Health Stims, which I'll be adding to the drop pool for non-mutant enemies (I'll probably make a mutant variant for "lore" friendly aesthetics) Should aid more aggressive players and keep them in combat. cap boosters for the shield is a good idea. I'm gonna keep stuffing NeoCore with content and love until my lease ends at my apartment (late October) I've considered adding some slot 8 weapons, but I feel like I already have all my weapon roles covered, I don't want any "me too" weapons lol

I have come back to the idea a few times of adding "ammo infusers" that would work like Duke Nukem 64, it would buff the primary shots (explosive shells, ballistics' flash would change color and be more powerful) without switching mags or anything (a few jump states, should be easy to code) I feel like this would be another layer I could add to the weapons without actually adding more weapons. I could also add these infusers to the lootable Items, thoughts?
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby Captain J » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:25 pm

Sangelothi wrote:I finished a set of corpses to replace some of the props, they'll be lootable, dropping smaller ammo and Health Stims, which I'll be adding to the drop pool for non-mutant enemies (I'll probably make a mutant variant for "lore" friendly aesthetics) Should aid more aggressive players and keep them in combat. cap boosters for the shield is a good idea. I'm gonna keep stuffing NeoCore with content and love until my lease ends at my apartment (late October) I've considered adding some slot 8 weapons, but I feel like I already have all my weapon roles covered, I don't want any "me too" weapons lol

I have come back to the idea a few times of adding "ammo infusers" that would work like Duke Nukem 64, it would buff the primary shots (explosive shells, ballistics' flash would change color and be more powerful) without switching mags or anything (a few jump states, should be easy to code) I feel like this would be another layer I could add to the weapons without actually adding more weapons. I could also add these infusers to the lootable Items, thoughts?
About the lootable corpses, what if you can't reach the certain corpses because they're outside of the map or something? This might be tease-y if the corpse itself drops ammo or items once it's spawned where you can't reach. Maybe add Use state so you actually can search something from the corpses?

Anyway that ammo infuser idea sounds cool. So each weapon is going to have their another type of ammo? Or is it Berserk-based? Either way, i expect the Disc Launcher to be Nuclear. :grr:
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Sangelothi » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:57 pm

I intend to make use of the use state for the corpses :D

The ammo infuser would layer over the primary ammo pool, costing both until the infuser is out, resulting in regular functionality :) (I'll have to add a new hud part for the infusers ammo pool)
Each weapon would have its own ammo infuser, although I'm not sure I would add this for every weapon, I'm not trying to turn NeoCore into an op weapon mod, and I'm not sure yet how I'd balance an entire ammo family into the spawn pools. But I'll see as I catch up on my to do list
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby -Ghost- » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Looting bodies sounds cool, I always like seeing that feature in a Doom mod. Rare, passive upgrades like the ammo infuser sound good too!

The Bright Cannon still feels kind of funky; it's not really as good as the other slot 5 or the plasma rifle. Maybe convert it into a flamethrower or something? Could fire green flames in the primary and do bigger, area denying blasts on the secondary that stay on the floor for a bit.

Enemy variety feels pretty good right now; it'd be neat to see some more monstrous mutants, like maybe the corpse mimics I've seen floating around to go with the body looting, or some other body horror-ish mutants. The pinky replacement can be a little strong sometimes too if you get them in a proper crowd like you do in some Doom 2 maps. They move fast enough and soak enough damage that they can swarm you pretty bad and chop you up quickly. Same with the spectre replacements, to a lesser extent.
-Ghost-

Postby Sangelothi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:42 am

I'm gonna tweak the BC to just fire a single projectile that blasts sparks upon impact, and I'm also going to add a separate pain state that brightens enemies so it's more apparent whose being affected (it should also just look prettier)
I think this will give the shotguns more viability in close quarters, and make the BC more logically placed in Slot 5 (and more intuitive to use)

Also because the BC altfire is pump action, I've increased the damage factor on Ice for Iron Fiends. I'll also give them a second attack state without the dash. I want them to be aggressive, but I agree sometimes they close in too fast.

I've also finally looked at why enemies would always spawn red blood when gibbed. After several years, this issue is fixed lol

EDIT: With the amount of content I plan to add, I think it's time to bust out my video editing software and make a proper trailer for NeoCore, thanks y'all for the support :wub:
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby Alptraum » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:54 am

I like how punchy and good the weapons shoot and sound. Also, kudos for using Kyle Katarn sounds :D
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Josko » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:30 am

Could you make an option to turn off the new enemies? I prefer the good old vanilla doom2 enemies :P
Josko

Postby Setnakt » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:55 am

I would really like to try this out, but the link to the download only gives this error message: This site can’t be reachedfiles.drdteam.org’s server IP address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Setnakt

Postby Blue Shadow » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:47 pm

Setnakt wrote:I would really like to try this out, but the link to the download only gives this error message: This site can’t be reachedfiles.drdteam.org’s server IP address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

The download link in the opening post goes to MediaFire, not DRD Team. So I'm not sure where you got that link from.
Blue Shadow

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Hellstorm Archon » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Congrats, my dude! :D
Hellstorm Archon
Will debase self for street cred.

Discord: Man of Doom#4046

Postby Sangelothi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Oh hell yeah! This is awesome! I wondered if I'd get a feature since updating. Incredibly motivating to see it get some love :D
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby Wisecrack34 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Came here from the vid, great mod dude! All the weapons are PUNCHY :D
Wisecrack34
Chief Executive Clown

Discord: Wisecrack34 #0909
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Captain J » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:00 pm

OH SNAP! Congratulations on being reviewed by Icarus himself! Glad he finally reviewed your mod and it's getting more attention, which it really deserves.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods