doom3 experience mod relase zdoom 2.20 (wip: gzdoom version)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOOMERO-21

doom3 experience mod relase zdoom 2.20 (wip: gzdoom version)

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

this time all the weapons added, doom3 weapons mod volume 4 + doom3 monsters

the grabber is added in this mod, works good
video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VHDYx-eNg8
link
http://www.mediafire.com/?ex5rmjzmn4d
Last edited by DOOMERO-21 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nash

Re: doom3 experience mod: grabber funcionable

Post by Nash »

I don't see the standard Doom bobbing pattern on your weapon. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Dummy inventory items and OFFSET.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

the first post , i put the link here....
Shadelight

Re: doom3 experience mod relase

Post by Shadelight »

I still see the youtube video link..? :S
Edit: it's in the youtube video link's description..You might want to post it in this topic as well.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

XD, ups sorry...added...
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

I don't know if it's just me, but the version I downloaded seems very buggy. Upon startup with either ZDoom or GZDoom the console gives a long list of errors, and most of the weapon and enemy sprites seem to be missing. Upon examining the WAD in XWE, almost all of the weapons sprites are massively offset, so they are appearing, but are so far offset that they do not appear to be visible in the game. This makes it very annoying to play, but the fact that most of the enemies sprites are also missing simply makes this unplayable. Your video looks quite promising, and I don't know if this is just me seen as nobody else has mentioned this yet, but the version I downloaded from the mediafire link is simply not buggy to play as is.

EDIT: Nevermind. Can't really understand why different ZDoom versions would affect things like sprite offsets. Works with the version supplied in the zip.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

you need to read the "readme" i mentioned about the only 1 zdoom can run this mod and is 2.20...
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:you need to read the "readme" i mentioned about the only 1 zdoom can run this mod and is 2.20...
Better start up a version that works with the SVNs, then.
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

Yes I saw the readme, though it is a little cluttered. I only skimmed over it before because most of it seems to about making maps.

Anyway, after playing through Knee-Deep in the Dead with this, it's pretty good. The only major problem I can see at the moment is that you need to turn auto aim off, otherwise both you and enemies seem to auto aim and shoot at items on the ground (if they are in between you and the enemies). It was quite confusing at first why my chaingun was ripping ZSecs to shreds at almost point blank range. My computer also encounters slow down after encountering the first enemy of a level. Starting a level, warping to a level or completing and moving on to the next level will seem really smooth, but as soon as I encounter any enemies it starts to chug a bit. Not too bad, but definetly noticeable.

Good work nonetheless.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

try to play with 640 x 480 if you have problems with that...
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

I changed the resolution to those dimensions exactly yesterday, and it made no difference. :shrug:
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

mmmm, i think are the huds, wait i will make a experiment maybe i can fix that, i will upload a patch for that, changing only some delays into the script...
Chronos

Post by Chronos »

DOOMERO i find much of bugs
First add +NOALERT flag to punches))
Then you should do something with how weapons alert monsters that's the lag problem weapon shoot makes EVERY monster on map enter see state even my PC lag.If i don't mistaked flashlight is bobbing you should remove it if you dont want light corona to move outside flashlight.
And what about change to GZDoom/Skulltag rails?You done what i see to 200% of zdoom possibilities but thats pallete is really stop you from great-looking weapons you should switch to GZDoom.
As i can see you changed blue from pallete to green)And another bug is that plasmagun shoots plasma balls in black square you should fix this.
That's all for physical bugs.No about monsters.First there see sounds are really something you should change it somehow cause they speak it too fast and too much don't know about others but i dont like they out loud speech with steps you should lower volume of sounds or change them.Next is AI behavior.Don't know if it was exatly like this in doom3 but you make monsters too fast too overpowered and shooting guns like they have chaingun.To balance this i recommend fix their power or fix their weapon speed that should make them easy a bit.
As i said this is great done and this is 200% of zdoom possibilities but i would like to see it in GZDoom-like port :)
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

ahhhh, how long has it been since ive posted. anyway, this mod is good, but theirs gonna be a bug fix realese for this. but this is good, and i have to use that bobing for some of those mods. good job Doomero. :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”